Jamal Adams would be a terrible pick

Discussion in 'Draft' started by JethroTull, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

I agree for the most part. But, with the state of the franchise it is important to hit on your picks. If Adams is the next Berry, Howard is the next Julius Thomas, and Williams is the next Braylon Edwards it would be in our best interest to take Adams.

Fournette is the best comparison as a high floor player. In true talent it could be justified to take him over Adams. The point is, as much as we want offense we need to make sure we knock it out the park with our 1st rounder.

1. Adams/Fournette
    2. Howard
    3. Barnett
    4. Williams
    5. Hooker

BomberJet likes this.
  2. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

I saw a tweet from Jenna Laine saying that Adams told her that at his meeting with the Jets, the Jets asked him "why are you here? You are wasting your time. You won't make it to 6"

3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I agree with most of your post, but imo the pass rusher position is more important than a WR or TE. So is the FS position. Hooker is more talented than either Howard or Williams. With those 5 players I would rank them Adams/Fournette, Hooker, Howard, Williams, Barnett.

Even though I think the pass rusher position is more important than WR or TE, I'm not very high on Barnett. I'm calling it now. In terms of being a pass rusher, Barnett is going to be a big disappointment in the NFL. Harris is going to be far better. If you switched out Barnett for Harris, then I'd rank them Adams/Fournette, Hooker, Harris, Howard, Williams.

4. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

I am just not big on Hooker, I do not know why. The injuries and lack of experience scare me away.

ColoradoContrails and boozer32 like this.
  5. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

The thing about prospects is we have no idea how they will turn out in the NFL. Adams could be the next Calvin Pryor.

6. boozer32

That is the best news I've heard all weekend.

7. boozer32

Hooker is over rated and the fact he is injured scares me off even more. Watch the Jets take him.

8. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Adams is a far more complete safety.

Will be ready for rookie mini camp.

If one is available OTC, they should take one. Both had numerous visits to the Jets.

boozer32 likes this.
  9. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Other than Garrett I would think Adams is the least likely to make it to 6. As much as I want an offense filled draft, if Adams somehow makes it to 6 and we can't trade down, he almost has to be the pick.

Freddy Mondo and NCJetsfan like this.
  10. jetlife21

jetlife21 Well-Known Member

Adams is pretty damn safe I wouldn't be mad. Spells the end for Pryor but that's probably happening already.
    Hooker is my guy tho he is the playmaker. I think we need a guy who can come in and create turnovers.
    Hooker had 7 picks in 13 games last year Adams had 5 in 36 games at LSU.
    If medical checks out give me Hooker but if it's between Adams, Howard or QB please take Adams.

11. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Safety with leadership ability that runs a 4.4 40 yard dash and hits like a truck.

After Miles Garret, Adams looks like the safest pick in this draft.

12. JethroTull

JethroTull 2018 Least Knowledgeable Poster

How is Hooker a project? He was far and away the best player on the OSU defense last year.

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  13. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

He is not overrated at all actually. The dude is legit, seriously. Legit. It's incredible how good he was for OSU last season, especially if you knew just how inexperienced he is, the kid will be an impact player for some team for a very long time. I'm confident in that.

The only player for OSU that scares me off due to injuries is Lattimore. I don't want anything to do with him, I think Conley will be the better pro to be honest. He was way more consistent than Lattimore.

Hooker is the best safety in this draft. I would take either safety at 6 to be clear though.

NCJetsfan and 101GangGreen101 like this.
  14. boozer32

Says the guy with the Ohio St. picture. The Jets have had two good players from OSU and they were 3 decades apart. Matt Snell and Nick Mangold. Everyone of the so-call top guys have red flags. Hooker is injured, Lattimore had injuries. We already been burned by taking these type of players at this position. Both Milliner and McDougle were injured at draft time and the Jets took both. How did that work out?

ColoradoContrails and Br4d like this.
  15. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Who cares what school they attended? It's all about talent. People want to draft Darnold from USC, and we drafted Mark Sanchez from the same school. This argument has 0 legs to stand on. Hooker isn't injury prone. Lattimore is.

Milliner had some awful surgeries and injuries throughout his career. McDougle, no one even knew who he was.

Freddy Mondo likes this.
  16. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

Read the post. I was referring to what was said in the post to which I replied and the word was used. Hooker has not played a lot. I do not want Hooker or Trubiskey. I also do not want Mark Sanchez

17. boozer32

Sanchez took us deep into the playoffs his first 2 years. Yeah I'll take that everyday and twice on Sunday. Idzik knew who McDougle was because he drafted him. I said injured not injury prone.

18. IIMeanDeanII

Also, guy with OSU avatar, is always straight about OSU players. From my perspective. Not a homer when It comes to pro ball.

In the same post, I was critical of Lattimore. Who, also plays for OSU.

This argument about where they went to school makes ZERO sense to me. It's about the player, not the school.

Hooker and Adams are two of the best safeties to come out of college in awhile. They are being pegged as top 10 caliber players for a reason.

Go watch his film and stop whining about what school they go to, both of them actually since clearly your only watching "highlights" of the offensive players in this draft. Your so hung up on avoiding defense at all cost.

Doesn't make sense.

Brook! likes this.
  19. IIMeanDeanII

So if someone is injured in any way, right now only, that's all you care about?

You don't think a player who is consistently injury prone should be a bigger red flag?

20. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

No, he couldn't.