Everyone opinion On will Sheldon Richardson be traded

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Ohnoit'sGeno, Apr 21, 2017.

1. Ohnoit'sGeno

Ohnoit'sGeno Active Member

. What will they get for him. Let's hear response , so we can see who was right.

I think Sheldon Richardson will be traded and I see the Jets getting a fifth round draft choice back.

2. JDeacon

JDeacon Well-Known Member

I could see us trading our first 3rd rounder and sheldon to move back up into the second round which would be amazing if we do pull off the trade with Cleveland.

3. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

He's a goner. If Macc retrieves anything higher than 4th rounder, I'd be impressed.

[And for the last time, FUCK YOU, IDZIK. I WILL GLADLY ENJOY WATCHING YOU DIE IN A FIRE.]

Noam and SOJAZ like this.
  4. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

I think he'll be traded. If it is straight up be luck if we get a 4th for him. Packaged with one of our picks maybe we move up but not holding my breath on this.

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  5. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

They'll trade him during the draft for a late 3rd or 4th.

6. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Don't think Sheldon will be going anywhere this year. If he was going to get traded he would've been already. It will be next to impossible to trade him during draft unless Jets have already given teams permission to negotiate with his agents already that we haven't heard about.

It would be stupid to trade him for anything less than a 3rd. Keep him for the year and reevaluate next year.

hwismer, FJF and playtowinthegame like this.
  7. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

Probs to this thread.

TwoHeadedMonster and RuJFan like this.
  8. Peebag

Peebag Well-Known Member

Nope. He'll have a decent year and then we'll franchise him next year. Might be gone 2019 via free agency.

9. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

AS another posted stated if they can get a 3rd it's a steal with his baggage. I believe they want to move him and will but the price has to be right. Mac overplayed his hand last year with Dallas so I hope he learned his lession and gets what he can.

10. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Not sure what will happen with him. He'd be a nice chip to grease a trade down trade with but I'm not sure the Jets are ready to just move on like that without extracting every bit of value from a trade that they could get.

The 12 + 33 + 108 = 1858 on the JJ Board. 6 + Richardson might get it done, with Richardson standing in for a late 2nd/Early 3rd in the deal.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  11. Chrisiue

Chrisiue Well-Known Member

He has to go and unfortunately every team in the NFL knows it, they will be really lucky to get a 3rd and they will settle for a 4th round pick.
    This team can't load up with draft picks rebuild and have this locker room lawyer parading around with his big mouth. This guy hasn't grown up yet and probably won't, talentwise without the big mouth he is worth a two, some players have baggage, this guy has a Samsonite factory he his dragging along with him.

K'OB and NYJetsO12 like this.
  12. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Why would anybody trade for him when they can get him for nothing at the end of the season?

13. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Correct me if I'm wrong, but we would get a compensatory pick if we let him walk at the end of his deal right? Likely a 3rd. So why trade him for anything less than a third?

Best case he has a monster year and we do a sign and trade for something better?

Footballgod214 likes this.
  14. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

If we are only getting a 4th rounder for him I'd rather keep him this year, and see if a team gets desperate for a trade midyear and we get more for him. If a team starts making a run before the trade deadline they will be likely to give up more for him.

15. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

We will have around $56 million in cap space, maybe more next season depending on cuts. We are sure to sign at least 1 quality free agent.
    That would offset any compensatory pick that Richardson would bring in 2019. So if he walks, we get nothing in return.
    Franchising him brings his salary from $8 mill to over $16 million. Who is going to trade for him, on a one year franchise tag at over $16 million for one season?

Jetphan73 and NYJetsO12 like this.
  16. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Right, forgot how that worked. In that case yeah, we have to take whatever we can get for him. What a dissapointment after a great rookie year....

17. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Because they get to play him next year and then they could franchise him if they wanted too. They'd have an exclusive negotiating rights window of two years to get him signed.

He goes free at the end of 2017 and everybody can talk to him.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  18. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

As I said before cut your losses and get extra pick s for him !!

The Pats always do well at draft time because they usually have twice as many picks than say the Jets to partake in whats essentially a lottery (good article on TGG home page bout this)

Accumulate picks = greater chance of getting a contributing player at any round

jmho

TonyFtLaud and Martin&theJETS like this.
  19. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

I have been following the draft since 2006. When was the last time the Jets traded down in a top round? Not since I have been watching...

Peebag likes this.
  20. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

i believe it was 1997 jets had pick 1,traded down to pick 8 and took farrior who became the classic ex jet turned good for another team.
    rams took orlando pace and never worried about lt for a decade