My 2017 Draft Dream

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Careerqb, Apr 21, 2017.

1. Careerqb

Careerqb New Member

I'll make this short and sweet. Let's just follow what the Dallas Cowboys did last year and draft a prime-time running back and an unpredictable athletic quarterback. We have nothing to lose!

Therefore, let's take Fournette with our first pick and Pat Mahomes in the second round. We don't have the same O-Line as the Cowboys have, but hell - let's sign/trade for a quality Tackle and a reliable Tight End.

At least that will make for some exciting games this season. Let me know what you guys think because I am being very serious...this is what I would like to see happen in the draft.

I'm not convinced on Petty or Hack. So why not at least pick up a bell cow running back, and hope for Mahomes...worst case scenario we'll come out with 1 or 2 wins, and try again on a QB in next year's draft. We'll eventually find our franchise QB.

I also wouldn't mind releasing Forte and signing Adrian Peterson. Now that would be a backfield to see. Fournette, Peterson, Powell, and Mahomes. We'll just run that ball down their throats and the play action would burn a lot of teams. That would sell some tickets and make for one hell of a season!

Or we could just draft a safety. Start Petty and have another boring as shit year.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  2. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

I don't think it'll happen but I like the thought process. I can get behind it. Fournette and Mahomes. Young athletic players on offense. It'll be fun but won't happen. We're the Jets. Add in Mahomes will be gone by the time we pick in round two. I think someone will trade up to between 15-20 and get him. Like the Texans or someone.

3. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Dream big, little one.

4. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

Like the Forunette pick but doubt he'll be there at 6 - Mahomes is too much a project to be considered in the 2nd round - Jets are not in the market to have another just holding the clip board because the system he came from in college does not translate well to NFL schemes. Safe bet that Hack is on the field 1st. Plus, I don't think Mac will take that chance after drafting Hack in the 2nd last time. . Besides, Prescott was not picked until the round 4.

Sign AP??? Man you're as green as the Jet uniform....:rolleyes:

5. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

So release Forte, take a cap hit, sign AP and sign a quality tackle and reliable TE. Who is the quality tackle and TE available? Where is all that money coming from? Do we suddenly have an extra $30M on the cap to spend?

You also want to waste the 1st pick on a RB? There is a reason Elliot had the year he did, four 1st round picks on the O line, I'm counting Collins as a 1st rounder because he should have been. Fournette would get abused behind the Jets line with any of our 3 QBs and wouldn't be any better with Mahomes. And picking up a 32 year old RB coming off knee surgery, cmon.

joe, TonyFtLaud and Peebag like this.
  6. rickjet

rickjet Well-Known Member

I agree we don't have Dallas OL, so that is major factor, I am leaning towards Davis Webb, in 2nd rd...

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  7. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Where's the money going to come from to pay Forte not to play, to pay Peterson to underperform, the money to pay quality O lineman.
    Draft Fournett , fine, let him run with Forte and Powell.
    Why sign an old end of his career RB?
    So we can win 8-9 games and follow it up with a 5 win season?

NYJetsO12, NCJetsfan and Jets_Grinch like this.
  8. Careerqb

Careerqb New Member

The reasoning behind signing AP - is that it is a total psychological move...Both Fournette and Peterson would benefit...Old bull vs New bull...The competition between those two would spark the entire team!

Do you really want to start Hack or Petty in our "rebuilding" phase...???

What happened to all that money that was spent on Mangold, Revis, and Marshall.

Use that money to pick up something for the O Line...Fournette will be a once and a lifetime running back - therefore it really doesn't matter what QB we have - we just need someone that can sling on the play action.

I'm a big fan of Forte but I think he has had it. And Decker! What the hell!! Decker is the most over rated player on our roster! We should have cut his ass and kept Marshall.

----- ****------ I just finished watching TCU vs Texas Tech without knowing who won before the game started. Mahomes looked raw as hell, probably not ready for an NFL defence come week 1 - but damn that guy turned up when needed! He has a lot of talent and he will be something special.

#8 Careerqb, Apr 22, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2017
  9. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

When do you start a developing QB out of interest ?

A rebuilding phase or when you have the team primed and ready to win something ?

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  10. Careerqb

Careerqb New Member

If there is no franchise Quarterback ahead of him - hell, start him week 1. If there is a franchise quarterback ahead of him - give him 3 or 4 years to learn his trade.

75% of what a quarterback can do is seen during practice. On Game Day we are left with approximately 15% of uncontrollable variables and 10% natural instinct and abilities of the applicable quarterback. Therefore, there is a reason why we never saw Hack during year 1. Hack is a bust and Petty is horrible.

#10 Careerqb, Apr 22, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2017
  11. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Mahomes may go in the first round now...

Also Hack is just as athletic as Mahomes...imo.

12. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

So the question is left unanswered, we do not have a franchise QB ahead of anybody and you are still peddling the lie that Hack was crap as the reason we didn't see him, that is blatantly untrue, they red shirted him, they said they were going to redshirt him from the off before he got here and that is what they did.

So Hack is in year 2 and a bust, so how does that fit with your 3 or 4 years scenario, too many mixed messages for me mate.

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  13. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

There is no worse move then drafting a running in round one.... its probably not even a good idea before round 4. No position is shorter lived and no position is more replaceable. You want a running game do what dallas REALLY did and invest in building the leagues best offensive line so you can plug in anyone and continue to be a powerhouse with the run game.

I'd throw my beer at the TV if we drafted a RB that early.

no QB.. im all in drafting a QB. Petty/hack are not the awnser and i dont pass on a guy who might be because of 2 nobodies on the roster.

14. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

I'm no fan boi and I thought the 2nd round pick was huge reach but Hack has never played a regular season snap in the NFL and barely played in practice as the #4. How the fuck can anybody call him a bust?

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  15. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Bullshit, total bullshit.

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  16. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

My draft dream is the Jets getting the 11 + 32 from the Saints for the 6 (Trubisky) and then getting the 12 + 33 from the Browns for the 11 (Watson) and then getting the 13 + 2nd rounder from the Cardinals for the 12 (Mahomes.)

Man, that would be a dream scenario.

17. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Nonsense, utter nonsense.

To begin with, we can't afford to cut Forté cap-wise, nor can we afford to sign Peterson. Further, Fournette needs no spark coming from competition. Besides, AP sure isn't going to supply it at this stage of his career.

In a rebuilding phase, who better to start than a young QB? You certainly don't trot out some old, over-the-hill, wannabe who probably won't be on the team next year to start unless it's absolutely necessary. This is THE TIME to find out once and for all if Petty or Hack can be the answer going forward as our starting QB. Starting McCown accomplishes nothing.

There isn't anyone out there in FA to help the OL. There may be following camp cuts. That and a veteran TE cut are why Mac needs to save cap space, and not wasting it paying Forté not to play and signing A.P.

Decker overrated. BWAHAHAHA Kept Marshall. ROFLMAO To begin with, Marshall wanted to leave. Second, he quit on the team last year and dogged it, and can be a distraction and bit of a cancer in the locker room. He talks too much. That's the last thing one wants on a young, rebuilding team where you're trying to create an identity and new attitude.

You are clueless. I knew you were when you spouted that nonsense about Rex in another thread. You Rex loyalists are as ignorant and blind as Trump followers.

The only thing in you post above that has any truth or reality to it is your last added paragraph regarding Mahomes.

18. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

You need BACKUP in the middle of your name.

TonyFtLaud and Jets69 like this.
  19. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

My dream draft involves Tom Brady announcing the Jets' 4th round pick and then falling off the stage and tearing both kneecaps.

20. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Nonsense, if you draft Fournett, you give him the rock. If you need to sign Peterson to motivate him, he ain't worth the pick! You don't over draft a guy at 6 if you then have to bring in a 4 the back to motivate him.
    Yes I want to start Petty in our rebuilding Phase. It's rebuilding and I want to see what Hack has to offer now, not when we have a rebuild roster. Why wait? If he sucks, we draft a QB next year. What's your suggestion?

The money spent on Revis, Marshall , and Mangold is spent. Gone, it's never commingin back.
    The money saved by cutting them? Gone too. We started over the cap so not all the money freed was available to spend, there was dead cap space. $6 million currently for Revis. Will be reduced once he signs a contract somewhere. We signed Beachum, Winters, Claiborne need $8 plus million for draft class.
    Forte should be serviceable for another season. Makes no sense to cut him. Would have no savings at all.
    Decker, as over rated as he is, is likely our best Reciever. Marshall was released at his request. If you know anything about Marshall, it was time to part ways with him. He quit on the team last year and became a major distraction, in the locker room and media. He is a time bomb and was set to explode. He won't be missed by any of the players .

#20 TonyFtLaud, Apr 23, 2017
    Last edited: May 2, 2019
    NYJetsO12 likes this.