Grading & Opinions of Todd Bowles!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Pags2112, Mar 26, 2017.

?

What Grade Do You Give TB Thus Far?

1. A.

4 vote(s)
    4.6%
  2. A-.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. B+.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. B.

2 vote(s)
    2.3%
  5. B-.

3 vote(s)
    3.4%
  6. C+.

10 vote(s)
    11.5%
  7. C.

11 vote(s)
    12.6%
  8. C-.

17 vote(s)
    19.5%
  9. D.

19 vote(s)
    21.8%
  10. F.

21 vote(s)
    24.1%
  1. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

after todays lovely comments from our HC I changed it to an F

NYJetsO12 and tomdeb like this.
  2. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

just throwing this out there but I see 4 people voted "A" ,,,,,can I vote to have them drug tested or banned ?

NYJetsO12, tomdeb and tbruner12 like this.
  3. tbruner12

tbruner12 Well-Known Member

In 2 years all he has done is suck.
    I get it, he was a rookie at the head coach position. That's the problem though. He shouldn't be here.
    Also, I thought he was some sort of defensive guru? All he has done is fall further down the defensive ladder in the NFL. Hopefully, firing the coordinators will fix the coaching problems. I'm sure Toilet was doing a wonderful job until those two cruddy assistants screwed last season up for Todd. He won't be here much longer at all, next season may be it.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  4. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Being late happens, but if it's often occurring it's a problem and Bowles has benched players before for being late too much. You've been late to work, it happens to everyone. I understand why Bowles said it.

FJF likes this.
  5. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

With all due respect, I do NOT understand why Bowles said it. The next time Bowles attempts to discipline Wilk or anyone else for being tardy for meetings, what do you think they might say back to him? (Hint: March 2017)

ColoradoContrails and NYJetsO12 like this.
  6. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

I gave him a C which is probably generous. But I look at Todd Bowles as a mixed bag. First year he did well, but he also had the most favorable conditions and a miraculous season by Fitz. But I think last season we got to see a glimmer of how far Bowles has to go to become a good HC.

In 2017 I need to see Bowles fix his time management, in game adjustments, in game situation awareness, and leadership qualities before I give him a higher grade. I also need to see Bowles become more willing to bench players that aren't playing well for backups much quicker. Last season he resorted to waiting for injury to strike to make the moves, in 2017 his performances will much more scrutinized.

Also, maybe we can actually be competitive in games versus laying down like we did on numerous occasions last season. If I see a team that fights its ass off every game with Hack or Petty playing well I'll be cool with Bowles being back in 2018. If we see something like last season, shitty QB play, and no changes to the many faults he displayed in 2016, he is a goner.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  7. 101GangGreen101

It's not hard to understand this, they are human dude. Have you ever been late to work? It happens to everyone! When it becomes habitual it's an issue and that's why Mo and Sheldon were both benched during a game. BTW, I didn't see what these guys said to Bowles in March.

8. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

It's not about players being undisciplined. It's about HC being OK with it.

TonyFtLaud and tomdeb like this.
  9. 101GangGreen101

People are reading far too much into this. He's OK with a player being late once in a while because it happens to everyone. Just like you or me. That's where it starts and ends. When I said this initially, people started bringing up Mo and Sheldon. No issue with what Bowles said.

FJF likes this.
  10. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

LMAO

No...its what they WILL say going forward now that this nincompoop Coach you so admire has given them in built in excuse for FUTURE lateness!!!!

Pathetic...

The Team shits the bed with 11 loses of 21 points or more and now TB wants a Country Club Atmosphere

No wonder why the players "love him">>>>Bowles is wimp of the year

#50 NYJetsO12, Mar 29, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2017
    tomdeb likes this.
  11. 101GangGreen101

I bet you no one will use that as an excuse throughout the year unless it's ACTUALLY warranted. Like I said before, there is nothing wrong with being late maybe once or twice. If someone wants to use it as an excuse and they are taking advantage of it, Bowles will sit the player just like he did with Mo and Sheldon last year.

***yawn*** overreaction thread for $1000 Jack!

FJF likes this.
  12. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

Yep.....Manager for the last 25 years...anything you don't correct, you condone.

NYJetsO12, tomdeb and NCJetsfan like this.
  13. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

It's kind of strange how so many people refuse to give Bowles credit for the 10-6 season, but at the same time blame him exclusively for the 5-11 season. I used to be stuck in that mentality too, ignoring all the good and only focusing on the bad. Giving him an F, when they were literally 1 play away from the playoffs that year following a 4-12 season, is as absurd as giving him an A.

14. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

No, it's not OK, and it's not just like you & me.

This is where it starts, but it ends with taking plays off on the field, and it was painfully obvious last season.

15. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

No, you're not reading enough into it. It's giving tacit permission to be late and giving them a built-in excuse.

16. 101GangGreen101

Like I said, it's perfectly natural for someone to be late ONCE in a blue moon. I would hope the player or employee would have enough respect to tell Bowles and the CS that they would be late. Again, if it's an issue where it keeps happening then there is truly an issue and they need to be disciplined.

I think Bowles would be smart enough to know if someone were to play him like a fool, don't you? If someone were to do this several times in a season, that is a often repeater issue and that person should be disciplined.

17. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

When he was hired, yes. After last season, no. The fact of the matter is that Bowles didn't bench Mo last season until he had been late on multiple occasions and totally skipped a walk through. That really shows how much Mo respected Bowles and his teammates and how smart Bowles was to let it go on for so long, doesn't it?

18. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

well said!

ColoradoContrails and NCJetsfan like this.
  19. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

i gave him a B personally
    he's only been here 2 seasons. he took over a team from ryan that hadn't had a winning season in 4 straight years and coming off a 4-12 season. We had no QB (still don't) and they relied on a journeyman in fitz who we got a 6th round pick and happened to play great 1 year. he turned the team around to 10-6 and we just missed the playoffs (normally 10 wins gets you in but of course not for us that year) now we dropped back to 5-11 and 2017 doens't look like it'll fare much better but you can't discount half his time here and give him an F. and he doesn't deserve an A after the shitshow 2016 season. i think a B-C is fair but gave him a B due to injuries and lack of talent on the roster. if he can't get us in the playoffs by 2018 season i'd move him down to a D, if he can he'll stay at a B

20. 101GangGreen101

let's see Mo try that again this year, it won't happen. I think he will bounce back. If the Jets feel Mo won't be the guy going forward he's gone after next year, we signed him to a good extension IMO. It's Leonard Williams D-line now.

FJF likes this.