Bowles Just Doesn't Get It

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by grkmanga31, Mar 28, 2017.

1. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

Well, during his press conference today Bowles made a remark regarding the tardiness exhibited by some players during the horrible 2016 season

He is quoted as saying "It's part of it," Bowles said at the NFL owners meeting on Tuesday. "Sometimes you're late to work. It's life. It's not life threatening ... Sometimes your alarm clock isn't going to go off."

I mean is this guy serious? This is really why I don't think Bowles gets it...he doesn't know how to be a HC. Sorry to beat a dead horse but if a player was late for the Pats, Belichek would either bench him or cut him...

And I hate to say it but Francesa is 100% right on the money with this one

2. Lee Savit

Lee Savit Member

The game VS' Buffalo early in the season showed Bowles in a bumbling fool. No-one really made a statement about it but quite alarming how he looked so confused at what to do and did exactly the wrong thing. Here was the situation. The jets were up by 6 with like 4 minutes to play and scored a TD. This puts em up by 12. Bowles kicks the XP!!! Jets up 13. The point meant nothing. Meaningless. We would lose on 2 TD's. Had he gone for the 2 the Jets may have been up by 14. Now you probably have some peeps saying well Buffalo has to make their PAT's...Bowles included. How in the world did he not go for the 2!!!!!

And in the NY Post yesterday Bowles is discussing how he improved his coaching skills. Ownership didn't care, Jets won. It's the philosophy that really gets me pissed. It's a LOSING Attitude. We need a change. Bowles sucks the big one.

Chrisiue, tomdeb, Brook! and 3 others like this.
  3. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

Bowles is going to be under some major scrutiny in 2017, for sure. I also agree with Mike's analysis about the Jets scenario for taking a QB with the #6. It clearly shows that they don't have a clue as to what direction to take the team.

4. Lee Savit

Lee Savit Member

Just heard the rant. LOVE IT!!!!
    This just shows you how bad our HC and GM are.
    Well at least its all coming to and end. We have 0 pass rush, 0 secondary, and a shitty QB. We will be awful and we will have a new front-office coming.

1 more year of Bowles. Would be nice to have a HC that has some intesity. I'm tired of these T Bowles, Herman Edwards, Rich Kotite, Al Groh, Joe Walton.......dah dah, dah........

tomdeb, Chrisiue, CBG and 3 others like this.
  5. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Yep, Tank is right.
    That's why Bowles gets big fat F for his performance.

tomdeb and CBG like this.
  6. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Knee jerk reaction thread #145 ... Bowles punished Mo and Sheldon for being late. Guys are late sometimes that's the key word. It can't be habitual

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

7. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

BUZZZZZZZ BRINGGGGGGG DINGDINGDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TIME FOR TOILET BOWLES THE FRAUD OF ALL FRAUDS

TO GO

tomdeb and CBG like this.
  8. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

This might be the very first time I've ever agreed with Francesa. This is why there are so many Skeptical Jet Fans out here looking at this FO/CS with the fish eye.

Ralebird, NCJetsfan, Chrisiue and 6 others like this.
  9. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

Shrimpin Aint Easy!

Peebag and Boomboom like this.
  10. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

I would agree with you but this was a recurring issue and when a coach preaches accountability and then says that its not that big of a deal when people are late the message towards your players becomes contradictory and thus you render yourself powerless.

Bowles needed to learn from last year...2017 willl be make or break

NCJetsfan and ColoradoContrails like this.
  11. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Well, there should be no doubt in anyone's mind now why the Jets were/are dysfunctional and are consistent losers. Even if Bowles COULD learn from his "mistakes", his laissez faire attitude undermines everything. He is clearly not ready to be a HC, and may not ever be, but one thing is certain: he shouldn't be the Jets HC.

#11 ColoradoContrails, Mar 28, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
  12. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Bowles is a lazy doofus clown

I have more but I will be banned if I truly let it all out

94Abraham, tomdeb and NYJetsO12 like this.
  13. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

2018 can not come fast enough! I cannot believe we have this ass clown as a coach ! Not even Richie Kotite who uttered some ridiculous things ever said this ! Clueless and in over his head and sadly I have said it for a long time now but this ASSCLOWN is still here !!!!!

14. cbman13

cbman13 Well-Known Member

We all remember he won 10 games and almost got to the playoffs in the first year right? I find it kind of alarming that everyone has forgot that..... I swear the worst thing Bowles has done was win 10 games and give everyone false hope

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

15. LV Coach

LV Coach Well-Known Member

Unfortunately we have to put up with another year with this bumbling idiot. Where was his learning curve. Down in the dumpster along with next season. I can outlast this jerk, but it's gonna be a tough year.

16. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

You know what I remember about 2015 ? Not the 10 wins but the 3 horrific losses ! The Texan loss, the first Bills loss and most importantly the last game of the season with everything on the line playing a dead and buried Bills team that was bickering and had nothing to play for and could not wait to go home---but thats me

Peebag, cgrec, NCJetsfan and 3 others like this.
  17. cbman13

Talent wouldn't have anything to do with any of what your talking about? How many of those games did our worthless an throw 3 or more picks? You know what you can't teach? Talent and heart.... We lack both.... Bowles can't force them to play with talent or heart

Red Menace likes this.
  18. cbman13

19. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

No coach with a brain would announce during the offseason that being late for meetings is no big deal. Todd Bowles cannot leave soon enough for me.

20. Chrisiue

Chrisiue Well-Known Member

Rex wanted to be a nice guy loved by his players, out of work, Bowles well on his way to being out of work, how can he believe what he says and be endorsed by Parcells.
    Listening to Francesca and agreeing with him is killing me.

ColoradoContrails and CBG like this.