More Hackenberg...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Jan 7, 2017.

1. Mainejet

Mainejet Well-Known Member

Regardless of what some posters may think about Hack, lets look at the facts:

1) Mike Mayock said Hack would be a project. He said the best situation for Hack would be him sitting for probably TWO seasons before the CS really set him loose.

2) Hack did NOT play a single snap in 2016. If any of you honestly think we will see a lot of Hack in 2017, then I would certainly think he would have gotten at least a FEW snaps in 2016. Especially when you consider the Jets season was in the shitter almost immediately. Their playoff hopes were never in doubt. You don't think if the CS believes in him that much that they wouldn't have given him a few snaps in a route of a game - which there were MANY of those in 2016. That's deductive reasoning. You should try it out for yourself.

3) They just signed Josh McCown? If they really believed in Hack as much as you claim, they would have gone into the season with Hack as the day one starter. That makes sense. Just like Rex really believed in Mark Sanchez and made him the day one starter. If you truly believe in the QB you have, you go all in with him.

The Jets are NOT going all in with Hack because they do NOT, as of this moment, believe in him. All reports coming out about Hack is that his attitude sucks also. Do YOU really think the Jets will allow him to start knowing his attitude sucks in excess of a full year in the bigs?

Jets fans, it's time to wake up and stop allowing Mac to and Toilet to insult your intelligence.

tbruner12 likes this.
  2. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Pop some proof up please, it would be enlightening for us all to finally have some real proof that his attitude along with his talent actually stinks.

Maybe it is you that insults our intelligence with unfounded rumours ?

3. hwismer

hwismer Active Member

Cimini:

Jets coach Todd Bowles, speaking at the owners' meetings, said there will be competition at quarterback between Josh McCown, Christian Hackenberg and Bryce Petty. He said they will "alternate reps" in the spring, and they will re-evaluate before training camp.

4. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Source or be prepared to get flamed.

Toronto's Biggest likes this.
  5. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

“His attitude was great last year,” Per Todd Bowles press conference today. Post was pure BS.

6. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Ignore him. He makes crap up to support his wacked out views.

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  7. NCJetsfan

Of course it was. It's the same with everything else he posts.

MoWilkBeast likes this.
  8. nicg4360

nicg4360 Well-Known Member

Some people are hellbent to flush hack down the shitter with unfounded comments "all reports"? Really? What did hack do to all these people?

9. NCJetsfan

Nothing. They just never liked him as a prospect, were pissed when the Jets drafted him, and now have an agenda to prove to everyone how smart and right they are. They'd rather see Hack and the Jets fail, so they can be right and say, "I told you so!" rather than see him succeed and them be wrong.

10. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

idk maybe I am reading into this too much and its nothing but I thought it was noteworthy that when asked about the QB competition Bowles mentioned Hackenberg's name first:

"There’s going to be competition,” Bowles said Tuesday at the NFL’s league meetings. “Hack’s going to get a chance to play. Bryce will get a chance to play. Josh will get a chance to play."

again I might be reading into it too much or heck even the media might've captured it wrong. But it's the offseason so its something to think about

11. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

You are definitely not reading too much into it!! It would make no sense to name last years 3rd/4th string QB as the first name mentioned for this years QB comp if he was not the favorite.

12. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

[​IMG]

Embrace it.

NYJFOREVER, Jets_Grinch, K'OB and 2 others like this.
  13. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

So far, so good. Nothing would make me happier, QB-wise, than Hackenberg winning the battle fair and square. Okay, I take that back. If the Jets traded for Aaron Rodgers I would be a little happier, but Hack winning would be close enough.

NCJetsfan and K'OB like this.
  14. Boomboom

Boomboom Active Member

Lol this pretty much sums up the paragraph I was gunna write about it:D

Jets_Grinch and 101GangGreen101 like this.
  15. K'OB

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  16. K'OB

I read the article and got worried at this part...

You hope Hack gets better and is going to come back with a new attitude,” Bowles said. “You want him to play better right from that standpoint. It’s not going to stop us from drafting a quarterback. Hack’s not afraid of competition and nobody else on the roster needs to be afraid of competition. If you are, you’re in the wrong business.”

I thought, crap maybe an apology is in order but then I read on and read the next two paragraphs.

Bowles clarified he did not mean Hackenberg’s attitude was poor last year, but he expects to see a difference in him now that Hackenberg knows he has a shot at the starting job.

“His attitude was great last year,” Bowles said. “We just knew we were redshirting him and he wasn’t playing, so this year he has a chance to play, he’ll have some pep in his step.”

Move along folks, nothing to see here, no attitude problem exists in the slightest and a little snippet for all those saying he must have been terrible not to get a game last season, red shirted from the off like plenty of people have already said.

NCJetsfan and FJF like this.
  17. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I like the competitiom during mini camps but, by the 2nd preseason game bowles has to make a decision and go with it. qb competition in training camp is terrible for a team. too much distraction and the offense takes too long to jell.

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  18. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

It's a dog and pony show from TB, he knows who is going to catch on to the new offensive system quicker and I'm betting is not going to be Hack.

It's going to be Mccown, because of his time in the league, he has been around more offensive schemes, therefore he will catch on quicker and translate that into a more successful TC.

19. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

But essentially no ceiling, Fitz 2.0, and would go against the youth movement entirely. If we do not figure out what we have in Hack or a drafted QB it is a wasted season.

ColoradoContrails and Red Menace like this.