Side Incomes

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Jonathan_Vilma, Mar 20, 2017.

1. PickSix

PickSix Well-Known Member

Anything in the service industry. I recommend taking a Bartending class, typically take two days and only a few hundred dollars. Then get your feet wet and develop your skills as bar-back or working functions; your instructor could probably help you get a good start if you just ask. It's a skill that you can keep in your back pocket and use anytime you run into lean times, when you want some extra cash, or if you just want to uproot and move across the country to "find yourself" and still be able to land a job anywhere.

stinkyB and Red Menace like this.
  2. FazeOne17

FazeOne17 Active Member

I was going to suggest the same thing. Bartend a few nights a week and you will make a great second income. I highly suggest going to a bartending school, as most of them also offer job placement. If you live in central jersey or long island i can recommend a few.

3. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Is being a cuddle buddy not a service?

4. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

I'll get him in my rotation..

Red Menace likes this.
  5. Cappy

Cappy Well-Known Member

If you did well in college, did well on standardized tests, and have adequate communication skills, tour best choice is tutoring. It's especially helpful if you have a math/science background.

I worked for a company that found students for me. Had to pay them 20% commission, but they charged students $95/hour to help them with homework or prep for the SATs. Rich parents pay a lot of money to make sure little Johnny gets into Columbia or whatever. I could tailor it to my schedule and needs too. Work a couple hours per week with 1-2 regular students during most of the year to nicely supplement my income. Ramp up to 15-20 hours per week with temporary students during SAT season and use that to pay for next year's vacation and Xmas.

After four years, I stopped working with that company and started doing it on my own more casually from word of mouth of previous students/clients. I currently have two students. Just four hours per week. All done via skype, so I don't even have to travel anymore.

Great pay. Satisfying work. Couldn't recommend it enough.

6. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner