Teams Interested In Richardson?!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Pags2112, Mar 25, 2017.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Your bolded sentence is the problem. Any GM the Jets hire is going to be a rookie and have to learn on the job. Unfortunately, that's just how it is in the NFL. Once a GM is fired he never (or almost never) gets another chance with another team.

I like Mac and as you know, have defended him, but I'm not totally pleased with him. He has definitely made mistakes.

My questions are, one, has he learned from those mistakes, and two, why/how did he make those mistakes? Did he make those mistakes because Woody ordered him to? Did he make them going against his better judgment because it's what Bowles wanted and Mac was trying to support him and help him succeed, or were they totally his ideas? Of course, the most important thing is if he has learned from those mistakes, but his thought processes and reasons are important as well.

The thing we have to remember is that no GM is perfect. If we get rid of Mac, there are no guarantees that the next GM will be any better, and he could in fact easily be worse. Even if he's the same or better, he will have to go through a rookie learning curve as well, which will mean that he could make mistakes that Mac wouldn't now.

2. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

If Mac can't get a 2nd rd pick he should keep Sheldon and let him have great season for the Jets playing for his next contract. His value goes up an you can then make a decision either before the next trade deadline or in the next off-season with perhaps a transition tag. Bottom line, there's no rush to trade Richardson.

BomberJet and boozer32 like this.
  3. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

I would keep Richardson. His motor is better than both Mo and Williams. The problem was moron Bowles playing him in space as a linebacker. You do not take a Ferrari and run it as a go cart.

FlaJet and BomberJet like this.
  4. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

It's pretty unlikely. Players are rarely traded during the draft and any team that trades for Richardson is going to want to make sure they can extend him. Not possible in a 10 -15 minute window.

5. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Trading Richardson now is the definition of selling low. Not interested.

6. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

We actually will have 12 UFAs next year, 13 if we don't pick up the option on Pryor.
    Unfortunately of the 12-13 only Richardson is guaranteed to qualify for a compensatory pick. Pryor could but not likely as could Claiborne other stays healthy And is productive. Given that we should have $65-$80 million in cap space, were likely to sign some free agents that would offset any compensatory picks

boozer32 likes this.
  7. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Its simple, either get a trade for him for a high 3rd (or more) or receive the 3rd round comp pick that we will get for him.

8. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Jets should keep with that BPA drafting though. They can run a 7 lineman formation on defense.

9. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Either one couldve likely netted us a second round pick a couple years ago. It seems like we got cocky about their value in seeking a first round pick. Two years later neither are worth more than a fourth.

We obviously made the better call in signing Wilkerson than Richardson, but with Wilkerson's shitty performance they both seem like it would've been a sunken cost.

Either way we botched the situation immensely.

10. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Then I'm glad you're not the GM. He's a screw up waiting to happen and a long suspension would follow. He wants big money and is too stupid to deserve it. He's not the type to keep on a young, rebuilding team. I also disagree that his motor is better than Williams.

11. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

I wonder what the trade proposal was with the Cowboys? Unless what was offered was no better than a 5th, Mac may have overplayed his hand not dealing Sheldon at the time. I was in favor of giving the big contract to Mo and not Sheldon, based solely on Sheldon's propensity for off-field stupidity. I just hope that Mo was dealing with some sort of injury that limited him to being virtually invisible last year - time will tell.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  12. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

If you can call what Bowles does "management." The inmates are currently running the asylum under TB.

boozer32 and Red Menace like this.
  13. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

14. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Our current GM seems like he wants to keep him too. That's because he's a talent and the locker room only went south when Bowles came onboard.

15. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Everyone wanting to get rid of Sheldon will be crying when he goes to a team that has a coach that knows how to use him .

BomberJet and boozer32 like this.
  16. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

He might be worth more than a 4th if the team didn't rush Wilk back on the field and use Sheldon as a freaking OLB half the season.

boozer32 likes this.
  17. jixxjr

jixxjr Well-Known Member

One of my co-workers is a HUGE Cowboy fan and said that the Cowboys had offered us a third round pick BUT they wanted us to pick up over $3 million of his salary next season. I can't confirm this but if true, I can see why Mac turned them down.

#37 jixxjr, Mar 26, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2017
  18. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

The Jets will just keep him, and keep playing him out of position.

He'll end up being Fournette's fullback.

Freddy Mondo likes this.
  19. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

Jets shouldn't move Richarson unless a team coughs up a pick ranging from the middle of the 2nd rd to the middle of the 3rd rd. Otherwise let him play for the Jets next season.

20. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

No offense but your delusional if you think you can get a 2nd for him... His value is low 3rd and 4th period. If we get a 2nd the Mac should get a bonus ...SR is a flawed person on and off the field, a head case and someone that should be moved for the good of the team.