JETS bring in Quinton Patton for a visit

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Pags2112, Mar 18, 2017.

1. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Marshall was using PEDs. Could have been from when he had his injury but just another reason I don't see Decker being let go. Add Devin Smith with his injury history and that would be relying on guys that just haven't been able to stay on the field.
    Sure Decker missed most of last year but he has only missed a total of 4 games in his 6 other seasons.

Pags2112 likes this.
  2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I don't think Decker will go anywhere. He's a great teammate, leader, consummate professional, and the young WRs can learn a lot from him. Whoever our starting QB will be will need all the help he can get. Darius Jennings is camp fodder. The Jets can't count on Devin Smith, Peake, or Jalin Marshall (for at least the first 4 games, I think). Anderson could suffer a sophomore slump or get injured. Even if Anderson continues to develop, if the Jets get rid of Decker, they could wind up with a WR corps of Enunwa, Patton, Anderson and Peake. IMO they need Decker to play, to lead, and as insurance.

3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

He was using Adderall. As someone posted earlier, if he has ADD then his Adderall use was legit and it is a bogus suspension. If he doesn't have ADD, then it is a legit suspension.

I totally agree that Decker isn't going anywhere unless he isn't healthy or all the youngsters beat him out, and I don't see the latter happening at all.

Pags2112 likes this.
  4. Pags2112

Pags2112 Well-Known Member

Wow Adderall of all things. That drug is just getting more and more popular. Foolish as it was, I'm actually relieved in a way that it wasn't something more.

5. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

NCJ, if he has ADD, maybe that explains why he is the worst PR in the NFL

Jake and NCJetsfan like this.
  6. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

punter hangs a punt for 5 seconds and he forgets what he is out there to do?

Pags2112, Cman68 and matt robinson 17 like this.
  7. Pags2112

Pags2112 Well-Known Member

Hopefully in Jalins case, ADD doesn't stand for "Another Damn Drop". I'm expecting Jalin and all our young receivers to "BRING IT" this upcoming season! I personally have high expects for Charone Peake and Robbie Anderson.

8. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Patton was regarded as one of the best slot WR's in the NFL last season, gotta find a link

9. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Let's hope Patton can stay healthy.
    In 4 years he has broken his foot twice and has concussion concerns as well.

10. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

He has a great insurance policy in Devin Smith..

matt robinson 17 and NCJetsfan like this.