2016-17 NBA THREAD

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by JetLifeLo, Oct 4, 2016.

1. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Vlade may be in the wrong path but he definitely got rid of the right player.

I don't care how many points and boards that piece of shit Boogie Cousins gets with his new team, he is basically that dildo on White Men Can't Jump that didn't have the money to cover his bet so he robbed his relative.

Demarcus Cousins will someday be convicted for murder, I'm sure of it. Just look in his crazy fucking eyes. This fucking dude shouldn't be allowed to interact with normal people.

I actually gained respect for the media people in Oakland who didn't get murdered this year.

Boogie will murder someone in New Orleans and people will think it's a joke charge and that powers of the NBA will try to exonerate him until it becomes obvious that he is a psychopath.

#261 abyzmul, Feb 21, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
  2. John Lombardo

John Lombardo Active Member

Not too bummed about the Celtics not making a trade. I was hoping for a rotational rebounder, but I never wanted them to get rid of their pick this year which seemed to be mandatory for Butler of George.

Mavericks made the 2nd best trade of the deadline, and I do feel the Celtics could have offered a better package than what the Sixers ended up getting while not mortgaging the future.

3. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

Pelicans lost by 30 at home in Cousins' first game with the team.

4. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

It's only one game, but this is what I was saying before. Having 2 stars with a bunch of nothing to back it up isn't going to get you very far.

5. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Well. It can work. Look at the LeBron Heat (although that was 3 star players).

It can't work when neither of those players are guards or a small forward that can get to the rim.

I don't blame the Pelicans for trying to put a good player next to AD, but he's already locked up through 2021, so they should've tried to wait it out and get a good guard to pair with him. He'd be deadly with a pick & roll point guard. Two big men without an offseason to figure it out, and virtually no perimeter shooting is a tough combination.

They can make it work if they load up on 3 point shooters in the offseason and find a distributing point guard that gets it. Rondo/Cousins already didn't work, but a Rondo type of distributor is what they need to find for these two to maximize their potential together.

6. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

the other side of it:

Sacramento blowing out Denver

7. abyzmul

Cousins predictably overshadows his entire team in the first game and then speaks for the entire team.

Anyone who just looks at this asshole's stats is a fucking dumbass.

8. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Javale McGee finally snapped. Him and Shaq are arguing on Twitter.

[​IMG]

McGee silent for 6 years lol

9. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

lol how does TNT employ Shaq?

he has zero talent. His only qualification was being an NBA player.

He's not bright or insightful, nor does he have a good TV presence (utter drivel delivered in a montone).

He's a huge hyprocrite, having the audacity to call people out for not hustling, being out of shape, etc. when he spent an entire career doing that. As bad as offender as you'll see.

Oh, and threatening to beat up people on Twitter. Very professional.

10. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

To be fair, NBA players need to learn to deal with this stuff. When did everyone become so damn sensitive to criticism? Our President, NBA players. Everyone is a big fucking crybaby.

You're right about Shaq though. He's such a goon on television and a complete hypocrite, faking his way through injuries so he only had to play half seasons at times. If he tapped into his full potential and worked hard he probably could've been hands down the best NBA player ever. His peak from 2000-2003 is a top 3 of all time and then his laziness took full effect.

11. Satan

Satan Well-Known Member

The irony of KD injuring his knee*

Was brought in to gsw while Bogut and Barnes were shipped to Mavs
    Barnes leading Mavs scoring.Bogut after not being able to gel with Dirk goes to bench . Gets traded to 76s and is now likely go to Cavs which has a strong chance of winning again.
    * subject to mri result ,if the knee injury is season ending GSW could struggle in finals

12. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Draymond Green.... what a pussy ass primadonna.

I can't even watch this damn league anymore with all the millennial pussies. Here's a guy like green who I want to respect because he seems like the only one with balls on GS.. yet he's crying like a bitch about MSG not playing a bunch of stupid videos and music. Called it "disrepectful" fuck that loser now too, how is it disrespectful. The whole fuckin league is a bunch of pussies. Fuck the NBA

13. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Because music is part of black culture, not playing music is clearly aimed to eliminate black culture in the game and is therefore disrespectful to black players. Nothing like millionaire athletes looking to be victims.

14. BrowningNagle

Always a race thing with JetBlue

15. John Lombardo

Andrew Bogut = Broken leg in first minute of first game with Cavs.

16. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Green's coded language was obvious. Or can only white people use coded language?

17. BrowningNagle

Idk you can use it if you want I think

18. John Lombardo

I can't watch kelly olynyk attempt to play basketball any longer

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  19. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Kawhi Leonard is MVP right now. You guys see that 4th QTR?

Parker, Aldridge and Pau Gasol have been meh ... dude is scoring at a VERY efficient rate.

20. abyzmul

Parker and Aldridge have been meh, but Pau has been playing with the second unit and has been really effective, plus he's shooting the lights out from the 3pt arc. Dwayne Dedmon is just way more athletic than he is and he surprised everyone.

Tony is mainly a facilitator now, hopefully he retires at the end of the season, I want to see Murray starting next season.

Aldridge is a wet noodle, and he's totally inconsistent. I'm not a fan.

Kawhi just continues to steadily get better, and he's really starting to shine in those big game moments. He'll more than likely be a distant third in MVP voting but I doubt he cares at all, he probably values Finals MVP more than League MVP because it means you won the championship earning it.