I could care less about FA or the draft !

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by CBG, Feb 14, 2017.

1. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Speak for yourself, I won't be.

It's a Thursday night so I'll be at bowling.

Also, why the hell does the draft start on a Thursday and not a Friday?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

2. Mainejet

Mainejet Well-Known Member

You see THREE starters from the last draft?! I'm not going to insult you, but a claim like that is what makes Jets fans delusional. More than likely there's ZERO starters from the last draft. Shell could be a starter some day but certainly not right now and probably is a Guard at best. Lee and Jenkins are both punch lines. Lee was an abominable failure in 2016. Back to the drawing board in regards to whether can actually play lb at all in hybrid 3-4. Jenkins barely saw action and contributed very little in 2016. Starters???? Lol

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  3. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I don't think there really is any question there is at least 3, likely 4 or 5 starters from last draft to start next season. The question is whether or not they will be quality starters which is highly debatable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

+10000

Soooo disappointed with MM...best thing he did was structure some Contract so players can be unloaded this year....after that a big meh

Kudos to those posters who did NOT become instant homers like myself

Call Charlie Casserly ....call all your mentors.... because over the next 10 weeks you are making career decisions fella

5. Mainejet

True, but that's only because there are no other options. Lee, Jenkins, and Shell, more than likely will be starters in 2017. You're absolutely correct.

But let me ask you...did hey EARN the right to start? Diid they come into their rookie seasons and supplant some sort of entrenched veteran? Have they ever even played great in a big game againsy great NFL talent?

The point is, they'll only be starters because there are no better options. The truth is on any team that's actually being run correctly, they would not even be clse to being starters, because they hadn't earned anything. There would be PROVEN talent ahead of them.

The fact is, based on each rookies play in their respective seasons, they would not start for even average NFL teams. Based on stats alone, most, if not all 3 are considered busts. Lee was abysmal failure playing inside. Jenkins had what? 41 tackles, 2.5 sacks??? Those numbers are not even representative of legitmate backups on decent NFL teams.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  6. Mainejet

I'm just hoping Woody doesn't waste time thinking about things like continuity in 2017. Hopefully, he realizes that Mac and Toilet are both incompetent and fires them some time during the season. They should have been fired already. But there's no reason to think the Jets will be any better than approximately 2 or 3 wins in 2017 as it stands right now.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  7. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

Isn't the phrase suppose to be: "I couldn't care less?"

Because saying that you "can" care less leads to questions. Like, well why don't you care less? Is your conviction not strong enough? Have you allotted what you deem the appropriate amount of caring to this cause and have reservations about caring more?

8. nicg4360

nicg4360 Well-Known Member

I feel the Jets rookies did underperform but essentially the entire team underperformed. If you want t to compare performance of Lee and Jenkins well they were just as good as the vets minus maybe Williams. I get the frustration. It sucks but looking at the big picture this team as a whole were terrible and also almost everyone quit 1/4 of the way into the season. Rookies need to take it upon themselves to earn there place but the moral on this team was horrible...not good for a kid trying to make a mark in this league. I will give them another year with a team full of hungry young guys and see what they can do with a team that cares.

9. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Good point, but the CS, particularly, the HC sets the tone for the team. Bowles was a cipher. I have some hope for the OLBs and offense because both Greene and Morton are supposedly no-nonsense, fiery individuals. I think they will light a fire under their players, but Bowles could undermined it all with his lackadaisical, stoic persona that doesn't hold players accountable.

CBG likes this.