Rex, Part Deux?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ColoradoContrails, Jan 31, 2017.

?

Should there be a Rex, Part Deux for the Jets?

1. Yes, in a heartbeat

10.5%
  2. No way in hell!

66.3%
  3. Maybe as DC

23.3%
  1. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I know that anything printed by Mehta has to be taken with a pound or two of salt, but does anyone think this is possible? And if so, do you think it's a good idea?

For my part, I say Hell No! Rex showed me enough in his time with the Jets and the Bills that he's no HC. DC? Maybe. But of course he would come with his own circus and I really want the Jets to move beyond having to rely on a circus to justify their existence.

Anyway, enjoy:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/rex-ryan-open-returning-jets-article-1.2960382

2. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Why should anyone click that piece of shit article link?

3. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Why r u even posting this when u say it's total bs Mehta crap. U should be ashamed. This post tells me it's time for a 3 month break from this site. C u in the spring GG

JetsNation06 and Jets_Grinch like this.
  4. LV Coach

LV Coach Well-Known Member

As a defensive coach his blitz schemes were soon identified and shut down. But he never gives up trying the SOS.

abyzmul likes this.
  5. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

I'd absolutely love to have him back as a DC in the future....
    would have to be several years down the line tho, and without Bowles.

6. Chrisiue

Chrisiue Well-Known Member

Only as a ball boy

7. hastygreen

hastygreen Well-Known Member

8. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Only if they rehired Herm Edwards as HC

Burnz, NCJetsfan and Jets_Grinch like this.
  9. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Nooooooooooo!!!!!!!

10. David-The-Meats-Harris

David-The-Meats-Harris Well-Known Member

Give the guy a break man, we've already seen all .5 articles on the high profile oc we nabbed from Maine's Sanford Middle school. I just read the same article and was considering posting it. It also sounds like from the article that this franchise might be batshit crazy enough to consider it. As DC I'm still not terribly psyched, but when you look at Bowles' touch it doesn't look nearly as dirty

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

11. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

That article by Mehta was pretty interesting. It really felt like Rex was lobbying for a return. He bashed Buffalo though haha. What a short honeymoon that was. How pathetic that whole thing was.

There's no way in hell I would want him back but I could see it happening. Rex spends a year on TV and Bowles shits the bed again. With woody overseas his brother is inexperienced and Rex calls him up lobbying for his job back. Wham back comes the fat man, ultimate Jets move. The writing is on the wall

12. Billsfan1212

Billsfan1212 Active Member

I was curious what your takes would be...

Ill eat crow and say you guys were right about ol Rexy.
    Hell, i even liked him and didnt think he needed to be removed.. but then came the reports about 'never has a coach come in so late and left so early' and passing off coaching to others on the staff.. it was almost like he was going for a 1:1 coach to player ratio.
    I hope he takes his 15 million and buys some class... metha says he takes some credit for failing, but im not sure where in that piece he lets on to taking blame. If anything all he did was blame his situation and not himself. I get the whole sour grapes from just getting fired but good god rex, man up. He was given EVERYTHING he asked for. Unlimited coaches, say in the draft, players to fit his system, coaches that could teach his system, HIS BROTHER, 2 OCs.... does he want a super bowl team just to be handed to him?? And if he did, hopefully he wouldnt screw it up.
    I dont mean to sound butt hurt.. things worked out for the best in Bflo.. but even saying the DC quit.. ya, bc you fired him!!! The good new for you guys is he sounds like hed come back in a heart beat. For your sake, i hope the powers that be see the game has passed him by. All would be well in NY or Buff... fine and dandy... all he had to do was win

13. Billsfan1212

Big time name, small blue collar city desperate for a winner... i dont think it was pathetic in the sense that he was loved and embraced (as im sure you guys ate it up at 1st too) but pathetic in the sense when you come in promising the world, and then totally fail to deliver.. in THAT sense its pathetic.
    Its VERY similar to you guys thinkijg youd found the 2nd coming in Fitzy. Just as Bills fans knew youd find out who the real Fitz was soon ebough (you did) Jets fans knew Rex would be Rex ( he was) and both situations worked out poopy. Hopefully both franchises can just move on and have better successes. Cheers!

14. Billsfan1212

15. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Rex back to the jets? So we can:

1. Watch Rex make santonio holmes captain and then watch holmes have a meltdown in the huddle?
    2. have him costantly chirp "Mark gives us the best chance to WIN" after each LOSS?
    3. Have Sheldon Richardson call his timeouts for him negating TD passes?
    4. Proclaim that scrub WR Clyde Gates is "all the way back" from knee surgery and cut him 3 weeks later?
    5. Be the poster boy for how NOT manage the clock and use timeouts?
    6. endure more 6-10 and 4-12 seasons?
    7. Turn 1st round pick DE Coples into an OLB and soon out of the league?
    8. Constantly "cheerlead" for his players instead of coaching them?

Nah.

16. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

I would prefer Rex over Bowels. If we're gonna have a DC as HC, at least lets have one that's fun.

17. Billsfan1212

Thats a good way to look at it, and im not sure if you guys are through with Bowels or if theres still potential etc BUT, did you guys ever feel embarassed by Rex? Like, at 1st that stuff was fun.. but then when you arent winning and hes doing things like putting out capt from their former team or saying stupid things like he doesnt know a players name its more material to make the other team wanna stomp your head in and ya just wish hed shut up. Maybe at the end w you guys it was like it was getting in Buff?? Funny and entertaining, but then annoying and a bad look. One things for sure, i cant tell you this... if i had a nickle for every time he answered a question with out actually answering that started with 'One things for sure, i cant tell you this' id be rich

18. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

Bringing back Rex as DC? Oh, that's a great idea. There's no chance he will make it all about him and undermine the HC at every turn. The circus will be back in town! Rex is quickly becoming his father, only without the SB ring.

19. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

Let's not forget all the bungling "too many players on the field" penalties in critical situations, not to mention all the other penalties. Let's not forget the piss poor preparation for the "snow" game against a bad Buffalo team that had to be played in Detroit where the Jets got their a-- kicked. Let's not forget all the inopportune timeouts this guy wasted during a game. He can moan all he wants about injuries, but these are all sure signs of poor coaching.

tomdeb and ColoradoContrails like this.
  20. hwismer

hwismer Active Member

Cimini:
    Rex Ryan has a better chance of being Trump's ambassador to Ireland than returning to the Jets.