Marshall is "underpaid" at $7.5M? WTF? ...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LarryAlRalph, Jan 18, 2017.

1. Snoopdogg

Snoopdogg Active Member

Diva WRs gonna diva.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

RochesterJet likes this.
  2. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

except you don't pay for past production you pay for future production. At this point I see marshall more as a situational WR who may get around 800 yards. a good Red zone target but not reliable on 3rd down. not a burner and won't play special teams. take in the wealth of young WRs we have in anderson, peake, enunwa, jalin, and even smith maybe I'm ok letting him go. he'll net us a comp pick next year which will be close to the pick we gave up for him anyway 2 years ago. We can keep decker. he was more consistent, better on 3rd down and scored a TD in pretty much every game of the 2015 season for us. he's also 3-4 years younger and has a better attitude to mentor the young WRs. I think we would be fine with decker and enunwa starting. Anderson as the 3rd WR (which shifts decker in the slot on 3WR sets) and peake, smith, and jalin as 4,5, and 6. plus all of them outside of decker contribute on special teams

Freddy Mondo and TonyFtLaud like this.
  3. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

My how quickly Marshall is turning into Santonio.

PulseJet likes this.
  4. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Meh, I still think that's more on Richardson. Marshall wears his emotions on his sleeve, he's going to have his moments. The Jets knew this when they signed him, he's bipolar. Richardson, however, keeps promising to be more mature and clean up his act, but still makes the same boneheaded mistakes on and off the field, despite how much of a beastly athlete he is. Marshall is definitely on the decline, but he still tries and busts his ass and does all the little things. Richardson is a lost cause and needs to be traded.

Freddy Mondo likes this.
  5. Jets1035

Jets1035 Active Member

Time to cut him and move on, It would be best to blow up the roster completely. Get rid of all the poison in the LR. Get some young guys that want to play with out the BS

6. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

meh, just proves that everyone in every walk of life feels like they are underpaid.

ajax likes this.
  7. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I can say without any doubt whatsoever that Cman is woefully underpaid! #PayCmanNow!

8. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Marshall certainly didn't bust his ass this past season, and I would dispute that he ever has. Players who bust their ass aren't content to drop 10 passes a year.

9. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

Thing is when you trade a 4th round pick for a top 10 reciever in the NFL with a team friendly contract, you take the good with bad. B Marsh is an unfiltered (in the locker room) passionate player. Will he rub teammates the wrong way, probably. The teammates he's rubbed the wrong way in the last 2 stops (Cutler, Richardson) have grossly underachieved! So Brandon being Brandon, calls them out.

The reality is the NY Jets have not had a WR the caliber of Brandon Marshall since #19 was here. I'd take a guy like Brandon Marshall into battle with me anyway.

Sheldon can Fuck off.
    Revis can fuck off
    Mo better get his shit right this year or he can fuck off too!

You don't cut #15 with all the questions surrounding #87's hip and shoulder. I bet he's lost 30lbs of muscel

All Gas No Shake likes this.
  10. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Considering that he talked us into resigning Fitz we paid $19.5 mil.

FJF and abyzmul like this.
  11. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Maybe his Meds wore off !

PulseJet likes this.
  12. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

But no team would put up with that amount of dropped passes, Brandon.

13. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

The Jets have had dozens of receivers of the caliber or better than Brandon Marshall 2016.

Fuck this stupid woman-beating asshole with a knife.

The only reason he accepted the trade to the Jets is because he'd be a 15 minute drive from his real job on Showtime.

The rest is diplomatic window dressing.

14. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

Emotional post bra. You can dislike the person and I agree his past is checkered. But to say that the Jets have had dozens of recievers in the caliber of #15 is inaccurate and blantenly false.

I'd challenge you to name half a dozen

15. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

Borderline is a bitch....I say we keep this guy the epic meltdown that's inevitable this upcoming season may be the only entertainment we have to look forward to. And anyone who didn't see Marshals time as a Jet ending poorly just wasn't paying attention to his past.

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  16. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

Hmm, good challenge. Talking about his Jets career only? Two years, great play one year, meddling the next? Then these guys have had much better Jet careers:

Maynard
    Sauer
    Caster
    Walker
    Toon
    Moore
    MeShawn
    Moss
    Coles
    Chrebet
    Cotchery
    Santonio
    Edwards

17. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I was actually talking about his 2016 performance, and that list ain't bad, although I'd kick Holmes off of it.

18. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

Yeah, your right he doesnt belong there. GTFO Holmes!

abyzmul likes this.
  19. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

he's really not that good. He was the most inefficient WR in the league. They have to throw it to him 10 time for him to have an impact. meanwhile they throw it only 2 or 3 times to Enunwa and the kid makes a play.

I wish people would call it like it is with Marshall. The saturday night miami game was one of the worst performances a Jet WR has had in a long time. They threw it to Marshall 11 freakin times, 3 drops and only 1 catch. horrrible horrible

101GangGreen101 and FJF like this.
  20. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Holmes had that sick catch in the end zone against the Patriots in the playoffs. He gets to stay in the club.