2nd round CBs

Discussion in 'Draft' started by RubenDias, Jan 12, 2017.

1. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

Agree last years we were never in the position for the elite pass rusher only in leonard williams draft we were but beasley was a risky pick at that moment.

2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Agreed. While Beasley showed potential, I had seen Clemson play quite a bit and I was very afraid of him.

3. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I wouldn't make blanket assessments about positions being most important, other than QB, this is based on a team's current makeup and philosophy as much as anything. And when I say that a stud RB - which they haven't had in years (Okay, you don't think Martin was a stud so that makes my point even stronger) - is more important RIGHT NOW to the Jets than a stud PR, it's because of their situation: they don't have a stud QB, or even an above average one, and their OL is questionable. With this situation, having a RB who can make his own holes and break any play for distance takes a huge amount of pressure off the QB and the OL. And this is exactly what the Jets need, short of a FQB.

Yes a stud PR can make a huge difference too, but if I had to choose - because they don't have two high 1st round picks - I would go with the stud RB, and because this draft is deep in plus LBs, I would look for one later, after I snagged at least one good OL, if not two.

4. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

I think the scheme the Jets run is hurting the linebackers we have now. Maudlin could probably be that guy with Jenkins being the edge setter. So I would wait on using a pick on one. If we go defense again in the first it better be a CB. Because Revis is done and Skrine is not an outside CB. He is strictly slot. So much to ponder and worry about till the draft.