We saw this coming...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Jan 13, 2017.

1. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

The Jets can't concern themselves with the media, I don't care how ravenous they can be.

The Jets are in this situation because of the owners lack of football IQ, and the hire of 2 inexperienced guys who are making mistakes as they learn on the job.

Both of them have contributed to this disaster, Woody has already taken the pressure off of them by not mandating that they make the playoffs next year.

That's more than enough breathing room for both guys to have at this point, let's see how they improve before signing them to another 2 years.

Brad they have to do something right this off season and this fall. TB failed to put together a good CS to begin with, as much as I think Woody is an idiot, I don't want him to compound his mistakes by bailing out TB and signing him to an extension.

Even if he does sign him to an extension, it does not guarantee anyone will join him, as I think his star has faded and no one who is capable of helping to turn this team around wants to work with or for him.

2. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

With all due respect to your opinion, Rex got fired because he was a shitty HC and the former GM was run out because he was an incompetent, the media had nothing to do with drafting players and team erfromance.

jets_fan and Jets_Grinch like this.
  3. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

The easy answer is a weak owner.

Actually...that is the only answer.

Cman68 and NYJetsO12 like this.
  4. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

The Flying Dutchman??

Yes its a Ship of Fools with Woody the Admiral....Bad drafts, idiots like Idziks, missed selections at the funny farm where the inmates run the asylum....the owner even is deluded ! he thinks hes an US Ambassador (not confirmed as yet) heheh

A Marx Brothers Movie with do nothing players (Chico, Harpo)(Revis, Shitz, Mo wilk) getting their agent (Graucho) to con Woody and Mac outa millions

In a a guest appearance, Bozo the Clown (Bowles) and his side kick Kacy are in for shits and giggles in "the directors chair"

If Dan Quinn got hired (or if he accepted) it woulda been a bit better...I think

Till then we will need Jesus H Christ to come down from heaven and save the Jets

5. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Haven't you heard?

Jesus is a Pats fan.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  6. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

To bring my reference closer to the legend, The Jets have been doomed to sail the NFL seas never to see the SB again since 1969. We'll come close, but won't see it until the curse of The Dutchman is broken. When will the curse be broken? Hard to say...I'm hoping I live long enough.
    The craziest thing is, all of us older Jet fans are pretty much passengers on The Dutchman too. We are all in and now we have 1st class cabins..

#26 Cman68, Jan 13, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
    NYJetsO12 likes this.
  7. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

You're right, Bowles being so conservative only makes it worse. Seems like any Defensive coach has struggled making the correct split second offensive decision. May it's really on the OC when we have Defensive coaches like Rex and Bowles. Rex used to have his back turned to the offense talking to his defense.

8. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

A lot pf people saying that no good OC will come to the Jets, but actually, the opposite may be more accurate: If I'm a good OC, and especially a former HC, I look at Bowles's shaky hold on the job and think, "If I'm there when Woody needs to replace Bowles, I have a good shot at getting the job".

And despite Woody's "Reassurances", I wouldn't be surprised if he fires Bowles if a better candidate appears during or after the playoffs.

9. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

The curse of the Flying Dutchman won't be broken until the training camp is returned to Hofstra - you can look that up!

Cman68 likes this.
  10. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

And until the team plays in its own stadium, preferably in NY.

joe and Cman68 like this.
  11. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

There's a huge empty lot straddling the Nassau County - NYC line which even has its own subway station. Might need a couple of extra lanes on the Cross Island Parkway.

jgjet, Cman68 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  12. JoeWillie130

JoeWillie130 Well-Known Member

Jets should have done whatever they could have to convince Gailey to come back again that is if the retirement wasn't a ruse and they didn't force him out. Lame duck coach no QB and an offensive line that's got question marks all over the place. No one with options is coming here. Jets will have to hit the lotto on a young inexperienced guy for this to work out. If not our defensive minded head coach will have his work cut out for him getting this offense to work. I'm sure the inexperience and new system won't help hackenberg develop either. So frustrating.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  13. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

That would be even worse. All the good coordinators and position coaches would already have jobs, and the Jets would have yet another shit CS.

Cman68 likes this.
  14. Deathstroke

Deathstroke Active Member

The Dutchman needs a captain.

Cman68 likes this.
  15. red75bronco

red75bronco Well-Known Member

Falcons lose a shootout, jets fire Bowles and hire shanahan.

Freddy Mondo and NYJetsO12 like this.
  16. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

First Class cabin? You mean more like a bunk bed ahaha There is no luxury in losing year after..

Cman68 likes this.
  17. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

Curse of the Dutchman? And here I was thinking this team and its fans were just stuck in an eternal Dutch oven.

Not that far off after all!

18. joe

joe Well-Known Member

^ Except that "Flying Dutchman" ship has sailed..

19. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Even if Shanahan would take the job (which is doubtful), at that point who is he going to hire as coordinators and position coaches? All the best ones will already have jobs. The Jets would then have yet another CS comprised of first time HC, coordinators and position coaches. NOT a recipe for success.

20. 24McNeil

24McNeil Well-Known Member

why would anyone want this job when they all know the jets are going to tear it down again and fire everyone after next season.