What's wrong with me....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by voltron, Jan 3, 2017.

1. rickjet

rickjet Well-Known Member

Try living outside New Haven, where there are thousands of fair-weather band-wagon Pats fans:mad::p:rolleyes:

alleycat9 likes this.
  2. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Well-Known Member

As my dearly departed mother would say whenever I got whiny like the OP, "He who expects nothing is never disappointed."

GreenfiendNYJ likes this.
  3. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

you know what is ironic,,,,,,somewhere in Ohio right now there is a Browns fan on a message board writing "at least we are not NY Jet fans , try doing that " lol

4. Chrisiue

Chrisiue Well-Known Member

I have benn a jet fan since I was 10 years old, 50 aware years, 46of them mostly aggravated. I do believe at this time the team has hit rock bottom, cornerback making 22 mil a year saying he is waiting to be shown class when he can't cover a tight end, a receiver who is nothing but a locker room lawyer who can't back up his mouth with good play, a youngdefensive lineman who wants to be like PAC man jones. Wilkerson saying I can take this year off they're stuck with me
    All of this being led by a know nothing coach who says just mistakes and we have to get better.
    I still have HOPE that he will soon say he has to leave to straighten out his health and this team can finally start over with a new fed up mindset of if you play like crap you are going to be called out in public, if you dog it you get benched, if you don't like it you can get the hell out.
    Fans need to show you are fed up, remember the Giants in the late 70s, they never attempted to straighten things out until the fans had a ticket burning demonstration.

5. Chrisiue

6. Chrisiue

You forget one item in your post Jet fans share the same territory as Giant fans who have had much more success in the lat 35 years, tough to listen to and see on local TV EVERY DAY

7. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

It's just a game. Find something else to invest your time, money and passion in for a while if you can't accept that the team is shit right now. But don't you dare jump ship and start being a fan of another team. You do that and you are dead to me.

8. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Being a Jets fan builds character...

stand proud, no one can accuse you of bandwagoning lol..

9. STARoSCREAM

STARoSCREAM Well-Known Member

Since 2000

The Jets have had 9 winning seasons, 6 losing seasons and 3 8-8 seasons

There are some STINKER seasons in there but nowhere near as bad as its been for some other franchises.

They are usually relevant, although i too feel the frustration when the season is pretty much over by Hallwoeen

TwoHeadedMonster and truthbtold like this.
  10. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

its been 6 years since the jets have made the playoffs. last year might have lured some folks into thinking things were ok in spite of blowing it on the last day of the season. we have not won the division since 2002, and that was at 9-7. you really have to go back to 98 for a really good team. we have had a couple 10 win seasons since then, but have had just as many 4 win seasons.

we have had buffoons running things more often than not, herm, groh, rex, bowles. bradway, idzik and now macagnan. with bradway being here for what 12 years in some capacity?

shit drafts every goddamn year, not a single draft to write home about since when? 2006?

stadium bullshit since i was a kid.

its just a fucking shit show, i understand why folks get frustrated, i dont get frustrated by it anymore. thats how i win this little game.

but ive said it before and i will say it again, its the owner that is the big problem.

11. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

We all like to bitch and whine about this team, but when you look at the facts, the Jets haven't had two losing seasons in a row since 1995 & 1996. The problem is, most other franchises suck for years and years, but a lot of them find a way to finally turn it around and come up big at least ONE time. We haven't been able to do that.

STARoSCREAM likes this.
  12. greaser

greaser Well-Known Member

Because as soon as you walk away the Jets become an all world team. Then, they go on to the SB.

13. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

It could always be worse-- you could be a Bills fan, for instance....

14. voltron

voltron New Member

LOL, classic drunk post! Yeah, during the winter months, I replace my passion for riding motorcycles with JETS football! Guess I should dial it back some. Yeah, I'm a lifer!

15. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

I watched the Rose Bowl last night....best fucking football game I watched all year. Got me thinking maybe I should stick to being a college football fan.........:p

16. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

If it were really that easy, I wish someone would take one for the team already.

Misery loves company.

Sent from my KIW-L24 using Tapatalk

17. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

you have to just treat it as a bit of a joke and try not to care as much - its near impossible to switch to another team (if weren't then the Jets would likely have no fans by now) so just resign yourself to your fate.

NYJalltheway likes this.
  18. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

I was thinking about following some college football but as I am in the UK I have no links to any particular institution so hard to settle on one to root for.

19. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

not much defense in that one, personally i like watching college and high school football much more than the nfl. for many many many reasons. one of them being that its just alot more fun to watch and entertaining and it costs me next to nothing. nothing is better than watching a full day of high school state championship games. its fun to watch kids that will make it at the next level battle with kids who barely make it at the level they are at but still go out there and do everything they can to win.

20. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I am executing part 1. Giving up sth after 36 yearswhich I figured I would go to my grave with but the jets win. I give up u win woody. Your suck ass organization got the best of me. We r never gonna win a super bowl in my lifetime which is the ONLY reason I Have seasons. I give up. I am done. StubHub is my new owner. F U Woody

alleycat9 likes this.