would you want Fitz back at vet minimum?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by thirtyoddfreestyle, Jan 1, 2017.

1. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

I was originally ok with him coming back for small $$. But you guys changed my mind.

2. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

This was an actual thought in your head as a possibility?

94Abraham likes this.
  3. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

I was totally down for signing him for vets minimum.

Then we gave him a stupid big contract for 2016. What a waste as I suspected.

4. PulseJet

Yeah, just like people who still think Geno can be a good QB.

Jets69 likes this.
  5. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Nah.

He should pays us something.

6. LarryAlRalph

LarryAlRalph Well-Known Member

Sober again, now, huh? ;)

7. PulseJet

Ha... yeah on around 6 hours sleep for the last 2 days.

LarryAlRalph likes this.
  8. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

Fuck No.

We're already paying him 3 million next year to not be on the roster. Unless he's paying the Jets $12 million to sit on the bench he can enjoy retirement.

9. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

Yes. He's worth a lot more than league minimum. He's a steal as a backup for league minimum. Now if he ultimately competes and is deemed the best quarterback on the roster by the head coach (and thus the starting QB)? Well, that's on the GM for not getting someone else in better as the starter.

Thewatchfuleye likes this.
  10. jsyankees12

jsyankees12 Member

I've made it through a lot of frustrating Jets moments and have always come back to root for this team. Resigning Fitz would send me off for good.

11. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

one word answer, "NO."

12. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

I have an idea... How about we play our 2nd round QB before we play a JAG QB who threw 8 redzone INTs this season and the leagues worst passer rating?

13. geomon

geomon Well-Known Member

After his hold out bullshit last year? Fuck. No.

14. PickSix

PickSix Well-Known Member

A hold out is when you are under contract and are demanding more money, not when you are a free agent THAT NO ONE ELSE WANTS

15. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I'd rather give Tyrod Taylor or Mike Glennon $10 million per year for two seasons than give the veteran minimum to Fitzpatrick. We have to live with the fact that we'll likely have to overpay for a lower-tier starter because that's what the position commands.

But let's at least do it with a guy that's under thirty rather than piss it away on someone with absolutely no upside.

I'd blitz Kirk Cousins with a 5 year offer for $90 million. Very rarely do top 15 NFL quarterbacks hit free agency. If he does, we should seize that opportunity and stop messing around.

It'd be absolutely amazing if Stafford shakes free in 2018 as a free agent, but that's not really something to bank on.

16. PickSix

PickSix Well-Known Member

Here's something to chew on.....why should Detroit wait until 2018 to part ways with Stafford? Sure they made the playoffs this year, but do they have the pieces in place that make it worth paying that extra $16.5million next year? Maybe they are better off hitting the reset button a year early instead of a year late....

17. RonPi

RonPi Well-Known Member

Aaron Schatz: One other note from this game: The Patriots set a new NFL record with just two interceptions thrown in the regular season. TWO. The previous record was five, so they kind of obliterated it. That's a record that may never, ever be broken. And that's the whole season, not just Tom Brady, because the backup quarterbacks didn't throw any interceptions in the first four games.

No, I don't want Sixpicktric back at any price.

Ron

18. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Eh I wish it were so, but it's so hard to find an NFL quarterback that Osweiler got the contract he did. Stafford is a fringe top 10 QB every year so I'm not sure why the Lions with $40+ million dollars in cap space in 2017 would not try to resign him for another 4 years before they reset.

19. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

If this guy offered to stay here and play for free I still do not want him,,hell pay him to just leave !

20. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Veteran minimum is not good enough.

Here are my conditions to bring Fitz back (at the veteran minimum and only as a backup, no matter who else is on the roster):

• He must hand-deliver a 7 million dollar cash donation to the Save the Children Foundation of New Jersey, because his children already eat very well considering their father is a con man.

• He must have laser treatment on his entire head so he can never sprout another obnoxious looking hair follicle on his face or scalp.

• He must tattoo a bullseye on his entire face, a big red one, so in the event that he actually makes it onto the field at some point, and tries to make one of those idiot head-first dives, every defender has a clear target to smash into oblivion.

• He must go onto Inside the NFL as a guest, and also sneak a football into the show. When Brandon Marshall is interviewing him one-on-one with that smarmy self-satisfied dickhead look on his face, Fitz must drill Marshall in the face as hard as he can (yeah, he's got a weak arm but it only takes 9lbs of force to break a human nose).

• Finally, he must kidnap Manish Mehta, and drown him in a septic tank.

I would welcome him back with open arms.

geomon likes this.