Here we are again...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Dec 24, 2016.

1. Mainejet

Mainejet Well-Known Member

This is exactly why we should have started overhauling the OL last season and not selecting part time linebackers and long term developmental QB's, you dumb shit. Don't ever let anyone mistake you for letting common sense get in the way.

tbruner12 likes this.
  2. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Dumb shit is about the lamest insult I've ever heard. Are you 5 years old? Did you not get your warm bottle of milk at daycare today?

3. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

From Kotite's firing to Glat's hiring, the Jets had a winning percentage of 0.533, made the playoffs 7 out of 15 years, and made 3 AFC Championships. Since Glat was hired, our winning percentage has dropped to 0.405, and we haven't made the playoffs. FIRE NEIL GLAT!!!

(I'm joking. I think...)

NYJFOREVER, NCJetsfan and Cman68 like this.
  4. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

I am watching Dallas play on Sunday nite football

Sheesh an organization that can pick some winners and a historic OL

5. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Fuck "America's Team."

6. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Yup when you combine the ineptitude year in and year out with the Jets and the fact that the team up 95 seems to get every single break year in and year out (David Carr breaking his leg of course benefits them) I'm with you.

Seriously when was the last time we drafted an impact player on offense? Drafting a franchise QB is hard, it takes many strikeouts or you luck into one so I can't be too harsh on the FO for that (we did have one but he couldn't stay healthy) but the Jets need to stop thinking they are smarter than everybody when it comes to drafting a QB. There is a reason Geno fell and there is a reason Hack fell.

As far as I'm concerned Bowles has to go, the team hasn't even shown up in half the games this season and has basically mailed it since Thanksgiving, their is no fire, no pride and that's a problem with the head coach.

tbruner12, NYJetsO12 and Cman68 like this.
  7. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Wait.. Now if you fire Neil Glat who is president of gate receipts, who's gonna count the cash for Woody? :)

tomdeb likes this.
  8. AJW

AJW Well-Known Member

Sounds familiar doesn't it? I am really believing more and more everyday we will never get a decent HC as long as Woody is the owner. I thought Woody did the right thing last time by going to the NFL for help to seek out a GM and HC. What else would you want him to do? He is running out of options.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  9. AJW

AJW Well-Known Member

I have said this for years. Kidding of course but in the last few years I am beginning to really believe it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

tbruner12 likes this.
  10. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Scary stuff...deals with the Devil...Oh my God The Gang Green has morphed into the Spanish Inquisition lmao

Namath must have been talking to the Devil while he was getting laid at that Miami Cathouse the night before SB 1969 haha

11. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I'll take the job of counting the cash!

TwoHeadedMonster and Cman68 like this.
  12. NCJetsfan

Quit being such a standoffish jerk with the other owners. Socialize with them. Befriend them. Learn something from them and find out who is an experienced football man that should run the football side of the organization, hire him, then back the heck off and let him do his job without Woody's dilettante interference.

#72 NCJetsfan, Dec 27, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2016
    alleycat9 likes this.
  13. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

I wonder if we will have get lucky in the QB stakes? part of the problem is with the college game being as it is there are fewer and fewer decent QB prospects coming out (I hate to think what the NFL is going to look like in 5 years time given current trends when pretty much every good QB has retired).

14. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

I think Bowles will be a good coach on the second time around probably in 5 or so years of returning to be the DC somewhere.

15. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

I really think we are realistically looking at another 5 years to even get back to the playoffs. We are not drafting or coaching well at all. We have way too many holes on this team. I predict Mac will get another chance with another coach either this year or the next and it will be another failure. Then after losing for around 8 years, the franchise will be in total shambles. This is where I hope Woody then just sells the team. Whatever the case, I have a hunch we get a big name coach/GM that rebuilds not just the team, but the entire franchise like a Parcells type of guy. I can see them also taking over a team with a lot of young talent on paper as we've been drafting top 5/top 10 for the past 3-5 years.

16. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I think it's the systems all these teams play, fewer and fewer college teams are running pro style or WC offenses and many more are running the spread and pistol.

Cman68 and alleycat9 like this.
  17. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

The thing that may make me the most sick is that Belichick has basically been creating a pro style spread offense for the past 10 years and he'll probably have it perfected by the time Gay Tommy retires, so whatever blue chip college QB he lands to actually replace him will step in and be the perfect fit.

And we'll be watching the Jets groom the next failure moron idiot.

BB is the greatest HC in NFL history.

My only consolation is that he'll never be as good as Gregg Popovich.

Barry the Baptist likes this.
  18. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Boy...talk about darkside.

19. NCJetsfan

It may be forced to go back to the RB-dominant offenses, 3 yards and a cloud of dust. There are still plenty of good to great RBs coming along. There aren't enough QBs. Supply and demand.

20. jetfan59

jetfan59 Well-Known Member

Going back to more of a run oriented offense could also make sense because a lot of teams are starting to use undersized LBs in their base defense.

NCJetsfan likes this.