Petty to start final 4 games

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Big Cat, Dec 5, 2016.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

You can't compare the two. Petty played in a one read, spread offense. Brisset played in more of a pro-style offense. The Jets had 4 QBs on the roster, so Petty's reps were minimal anyway, and then he got hurt and missed 1-2 months of practice. The Pats only had 3 QBs and they knew going in that Brady was going to not play the first 4 weeks, so Brisset got a lot more reps than Petty did in practice. Petty plays for a clueless HC who knows little or nothing about offense or how to develop young QBs. Brisset plays for a future HOF HC who could write the book on developing young QBs and players in general.

b.reyes16 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  2. Lee Savit

Lee Savit Member

Is it true Petty had no playbook at Baylor.

3. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

I mean even if he didn't. He still had thousands of plays to know/remember. Granted it wasn't Big 12 but my college playbook technically wasn't a playbook either. System offense with hundreds of variations week to week. Main problem is adjusting to the pro style which is a totally different method. The playbook rumor itself is overblown IMO.

4. Terminated117

Terminated117 Active Member

Let's see what he's made out of

5. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

It's troubling how this clown thinks he can sneak this by everyone as if this was the plan ALL along. What a fucking moron. Does he think everyone's stupid? As mediocre as Petty looked, he realized mid third quarter holy shit his kid can complete passes further than Fitzpatrick's 8 yard back shoulder to Marshall. Maybe he can play at least a LITTLE.

That press conference to me was the final nail in the coffin for this clown. He planned to play Petty the last four this WHOLE time despite basically being eliminated from the playoffs after the Miami loss.
    [​IMG]

Jake and kevda5n9ne like this.
  6. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

I'm not getting excited yet. He may just be handing off to Forte for a four game stretch.

If we get "Air Gailey" then at least the next four games might be fun.

Footballgod214 likes this.
  7. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

I wouldnt be surprised if given the short week and the west coast trip the next game is called conservatively like the Rams game. It just isnt enough time to install a new offense. But the following three games should be Air Gailey

8. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

and suddenly fans have a reason to watch the last 4 games.....brilliant move!

Cman68 likes this.
  9. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

If Bowles put Petty in for the Monday Night Game, maybe the place wouldnt have been such a tomb.

Cman68, Footballgod214 and kevda5n9ne like this.
  10. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I tried giving TB the benefit of the doubt, but man this is some high school football nonsense that he is throwing out there.

So if the jets were in the playoff hunt, Petty was going to get the last 4 games of the season?

This was the plan all along?

Give me a break, he needs to be fired.

11. max

max Active Member

For all of you thinking TB is full of shit for saying that he planned on playing petty the last 4 all along I get where you are coming from and I thought the same thing, but I could see Bowles thinking "ok season is over" after the dolphins loss.

Petty played the next game at the rams.

Bowles saw how poorly petty played in thought "Ok lets try to save face and in this lost season let's try and win one at home against the pats and give our fans at the game at least something to be happy about (We almost did win).

Next week with MNF he believed we could win this one on national tv with fitz and also get this one for the few fans that did show up. Again try and save some face. Obviously, fitz played like trash, but the D was that much worse IMO.

I may not approve of it, but I get it.

kevda5n9ne and Burnz like this.
  12. NCJetsfan

I don't. Fitz should have never seen the field again for the Jets after he trashed the organization following the Rams game, unless Petty got hurt and the Jets couldn't find a street FA to bring in.

#32 NCJetsfan, Dec 7, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2016
  13. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

I firmly believe that the plan was to showcase Fitz against shitty Colts D and have excuse to play him for the remainder of the season. The only reason why Petty is in is because they have to other choice.

Which makes me VERY scared about the offensive play calling and the practice.

Red Menace likes this.
  14. Footballgod214

True, but Bowles probably felt compelled to play his best 11 as long as the Jets still had a chance to make the POs, even though that chance was about as good as Trump's chance of winning the election. Bowles was probably pissed he had to start Ftiz, and would have loved to have started Petty.

Anyone else curious to see Hack out there? I hope Hack is named the BU and Petty gets the flu for our game against the Pats.

15. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Yawn

2027 Jets SB only 10 years away

16. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

OK..now I were to say I hope Hack gets scrubbed by a Peterbuilt on the way to practice, I'd be wrong...

#36 Cman68, Dec 9, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2016
    Footballgod214 likes this.
  17. NCJetsfan

I've long suspected it, but this proves conclusively that you're a troll and not really a Jets fan. Either that of you've been drinking too much absinthe (the real, historic stuff) and it's totally screwed your brain. Bowles pissed that he had to start Fitz? Yeah, right!

18. Footballgod214

Well, Bowles said that plan was to start Petty the last 4 games, but have Fitz start 5th from last game. Why is that? If Bowles really wanted to see what Petty had the rest of the season, he couldn't of been too happy he had to start Fitz. Seems to me anyway.

19. NCJetsfan

He didn't "have" to start Fitz. He chose to in spite of the fans and media calling for Petty to start. He thought Fitz gave the team the best chance to win and he was afraid that the veterans would get mad at him.