What qualifications did Kacy Rogers have to be DC?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jets12, Oct 9, 2016.

1. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

As I posted in response to another thread, Kacy must have compromising pics of Todd Bowles to keep his job this long squandering some much talent on defense. The jets HAVE good players on defense; coaching staff just really stinks!

Red Menace likes this.
  2. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Don't be shy, I'm sure we'd all love to hear it. :rolleyes:

kevda5n9ne likes this.
  3. Mainejet

Mainejet Well-Known Member

ZERO. He worked with Bowles in the past and that is all. But honestly, people shouldn't blame Kacy Rodgers for the problems with the defense. Todd Bowles more than likely is running this defense, especially when you see Mac picking Minnie Mouse linebackers to put the defense over the top. Bowles was the one playing Deon Buchanon as a linebacker in Arizona. Darron Lee goes with the whole small fry playing linebacker contention and that started with Bowles. The entire argument is nonsense.

This is Todd Bowles fuck up here and really Kacy Rodgers, at least the way I see it, is a guy that is following his mentor's guidance. You really can't blame him for it blowing up in his face. In the end, I just assume Bowles and Rodgers be fired ASAP, one because Bowles sucks as a HC, and two because Rodgers is a yes man that is probably unqualified to be a DC in the first place.........

4. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

wait, could ur answer be affirmative action??? LOL

seriously folks - DC rogers calls and game plan goes thru bowles so its a 2 headed monster. maybe we just aren't that good on D.
    we are working in 2 rookies at the middle level so thats gonna take a bite out at least temporarily. with revis on the decline and pryor being inconsistent, the secondary is average at best. yes we have a couple DL studs but they can't do it all.

seems like its the same thing every year BUT this D can be real good if the secondary can be improved and we get just 1 legitimate edge guy - regardless of who the DC is.

5. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

We don't talk about Rodgers enough. He is the WORST part of the coaching staff and a main problem for the team. He has to go. Maybe he is ignored because we just pin his mistakes on Bowles for hiring him.

6. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Yea Rogers can pack his bags after week 17, no arguments there

kevda5n9ne likes this.
  7. Randy Rasmussen

Randy Rasmussen New Member

Kacy Rodgers is Bowles's Jeff Weeks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Mainejet

Mainejet Well-Known Member

He has often had gay sex with Todd Bowles........

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  9. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Bingo... I called for his firing early in the year but of course like fitz they keep rolling out this incompetent fools.

10. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

Ryan Shazier

11. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Bowles isnt getting fired this year...Woodys gonna want to know who the real Bowles is 10-6 or 4-12 .But Rodgers and our Special Teams coach need to go and so do David Harris,Matt Forte,Revis ,Skrine

12. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

The Bowles -Rodgers combo is just brutal . You can add the D-line coach to that duo too!
    I can understand giving Bowles a 3rd year, even though it pains me to type that, but a revamp on the CS is PARAMOUNT!

I was talking with a friend who is a big Cowboy's fan, and he said something that does make some sense.
    Bowles was 10-6 his first season and now in his 2nd he's in a total free fall....What coach is going to want to come here after seeing what a short leash Bowles was given.

The only way I can see it happening if it's an established guy with a name like a Tom Coughlin, someone who knows they are going to have a chance to revamp this whole team.
    I can't see another young coordinator coming in , I just think this team needs a guy at the helm that brings immediate respect .

Maybe i'm wrong but I just don't see Bowles going anywhere.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  13. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Sorry for the double post

14. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

ITS ALL ABOUT FANNIES IN THE SEATS,,,,,,,How many people are renewing season tix or lining up for Jet tickets knowing Bowels will be back ? If you think firing the DC or ST coaches would be enough to satisfy Jet fans think again !
    I would NEVER consider renewing season tix but the only way anyone in their right mind would is to clean house or do the stupid thing and just go nuts signing FA this off season, we have been down that road ! Blow it up or just sell the team Woody and company !

#34 CBG, Dec 10, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2016
    Cman68 likes this.
  15. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

He'll get 2017..that's it though unless this team shows marked improvement. I can see Woody revamping his Org Chart to make it more realistic.

16. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

If you get rid of Bowles you get rid of Rogers, which fixes the problem either way, because don't forget that the offense is screwed up also - and again, is that Gailey or Bowles? Same solution - fire Bowles, you get rid of Gailey. It all leads back to the HC regardless. Yes, two years isn't much, but 48 years and counting is.

Jets69 likes this.
  17. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Bowles will be back. We don't want to become the revolving door of the league. I would like to see him make changes to his staff ie canning Rodgers and Gailey but we'll see what happens.

LarryAlRalph likes this.
  18. LarryAlRalph

LarryAlRalph Well-Known Member

Two points. First, if the players don't or won't play, no coach can change that in mid season. You made your bed, now you have to sleep in it. Or you punt the coach, But Rogers won't likely be gone as long as Bowles is around and I fear he's here for another year. <sigh>

Second, you can't talk about dumping players until you know who you'll replace them with. Dumping Forte is a dumb idea, he's had a decent year and he's hardly the problem with the offense. That problem begins with Gailey. And Fitz is his boy, so ...

#38 LarryAlRalph, Dec 10, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2016
  19. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

From what I understand Bowles came back to NJ from Arizona to catch a Temple game and he met KRogers at the Molly Pitcher Service Area on Turnpike They bumped into each other on the Blimpie line The rest is history....

20. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member