What do we LIKE about the Jets right now?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Dark Knight, Nov 30, 2016.

1. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Haha, well it has been a bad season. Trying to find the positives. I have enjoyed most of the responses. :)

LarryAlRalph likes this.
  2. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

Yeah, still fighting. If you have the opuprtunity, watch the last game. It was a very competitive contest against a very good Patriots team. If the Jets weren't still fighting for the coaches, they get blown out by the Pats.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  3. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

That game in particular the Jets were fighting. It has felt in others that they were not though. Hopefully they finish the rest of the season with the same fight they had against the Patriots.

4. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

Na they need a bit of an update

5. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Idzik's Jaguars have a worse record than we do.

playtowinthegame likes this.
  6. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

i like the fact that they have freed up my sunday afternoons for other activities

RPOZ51 likes this.
  7. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

The name is easy to spell.

8. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Our WRs are going to be really special next season with Decker and Devon Smith coming back to join Marshall and Quincy. Plus Peak and Anderson (and Jalin Marshall) are all a full year in. It's hard for an offense to be much better than your 3rd passing option, as defenses can usually take away your first 2.

Sending Brandon Marshall, Eric Decker, and Quincy Enunwa out there almost every play with Smith, Peak, Anderson, plus that TE we just signed will be special. It will be very important to not waste this on a rookie QB who's head is spinning on a platter. Look for Fitz to be back or Macc bring in a vet QB.

RPOZ51 likes this.
  9. nyjetsmets89

nyjetsmets89 Well-Known Member

Lee's speed, Leo's tenacity, Powell's burst, and our wide-open receivers like Anderson just salivating at a QB who can hit them in stride.

10. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Well-Known Member

I used to kid around with my friends about the same thing, during long periods of ineptitude.

What would we be doing if they had a really long name, like the Metropolitans or the Knickerbockers?

Could you imagine us having to spell out B U C C A N E E R S?

It takes a lot of boredom and beers to get to even start thinking about stuff like that.

#50 RPOZ51, Dec 3, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2016
  11. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Well-Known Member

Didn't we say a lot of those things last August?

12. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I'm not trying to be disrespectful but, did you really just write this? Wasting our WRs with a young QB, look for Fitz to be back?

Sarcasm Right?

13. Mainejet

Mainejet Well-Known Member

That's the whole point and apparently what you do not seem to understand. They are NOT fighting for the coaches and that much is obvious. The players got up for the Patsies because they hate the Patsies and want to play them tough. Them playing a good game had nothing to do with Todd Bowles. It had everything to do with the players and the pride they have.

And the Patsies anomaly is no different than REX RYAN. Every single fan used to claim that Rex could only get the players to rise to the occasion when they played the Patsies. HOW is this CS any different? The answer is....they're not. Todd Bowles fucking sucks almost as bad as Rich Kotite. Not that I blaming Bowles alone either........Mac is an incompetent retard in his own right........

14. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

To answer the OP's initial question: Only the potential of our younger players keeps me interested.

15. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Cman, I like that I get to watch the worst QB in the NFL, one more week.....he gives us the best chance to respectability at 4-8...

Cman68 likes this.
  16. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

L-O-S-E-R-S

Red Menace likes this.
  17. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

MainJet the Jets as a team have not played complete games this year, but they've never quit on the coaching staff. Comparing Bowles to Kotite at this stage is premature. Calling Maccagnan an incompetent retard makes you look like a real knee-jerk caught up in the moment type fan. Your post are becoming incessantly more and more whiny. Please, take a deep breath and find your happy place. Lol

18. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

They wear my favorite color. They aren't the Browns. They almost make the Knicks look promising, by comparison. Almost.

19. SackExchange69

SackExchange69 Well-Known Member

I like that there's 5 games left. I mean, I like that there's only 5 games left.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  20. Mainejet

Mainejet Well-Known Member

Suffice to say we will have to agree to disagree. The idea that the players have not quit on the CS is pure delusion. All you have to do to clearly identify that is looking at the strong areas of the team - DL and WR's. There is absolutely NO excuse whatsoever that the DL would disappoint as much as they have, NONE. There's also no excuse for the Jets not being able to sufficiently substitute for Eric Decker being out. Coaching up Robbie Anderson or Jalin Marshall to replace Decker is Head Coaching 101 for any competent HC. The team is loaded with WR talent. The team is also loaded with DL and yet they almost never get any push toward the QB.

ALL of that falls 100% on the HC. This euphoric persona of yours is more and more looking like a drug induced coma. Enjoy your delirium.

I am 100% on the FIRE Todd Bowles wagon as I am sure most of the NYJ fan base already is. I would support keeping Mac for next season knowing that he'd better start doing a MUCH better job at drafting and acquiring talent through FA..