Geno has a torn ACL (Rappaport)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYJFan10, Oct 24, 2016.

1. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Luck has nothing to do with it.

2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

More like we're the masters of piss poor planning and bad decision making.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  3. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Perhaps. I'd like to paint a brighter picture. The team has Hack and Petty in it's long term plans, the elusive big armed QBs with some mobility and the brains to in theory be quality starting QBs one day. But they aren't there yet, and need time.

Without a stop gap, there is no time. The Jets provided those stop gaps in Fitz and Geno. The stop gaps are failing, however how many teams in NFL history truly ever succeeded using band aids to get through the season?

When Petty got hurt in the preseason, it became even more important that the stop gaps do just that since Hackenberg is literally being redshirted this year.

While Geno going down is unfortunate, it was fortuitous that he at least did it after Petty recovered from his injury and returned to practice.

Say what you want about the teams failures this year, Geno served his role in getting the team through a period without Petty. Now that Petty is ready to serve in a backup capacity, Geno ungracefully steps aside.

It may not show right now, but this whole situation may work out better than people realize.

Fitzpatrick has a fire lit under him, and one of our heirs is moving into position. I think the arrow is finally pointing up, if ever so slightly.

Sent from my KIW-L24 using Tapatalk

4. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

IF WE SHOULD lose to the Browns ,,,would it be safe to say the pitchforks and torches,,,,,never mind banners and bill boards will be out in full force ? I mean can anyone here not see Fitz pissed off or not throwing a few costly ints ?

5. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Seneca said that "Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity."

I believe that. I believe that Karma (or whatever one wants to call it) influences "luck." If we have positive outlooks, work hard, prepare, and expect positive outcomes, then we attract good things. When we have negative outlooks, plan or prepare poorly, then we attract negative outcomes and events.

I think that most of the Jets' bad luck in its history is a result of having piss-poor owners, GMs, HCs, CSs and players. Even in 1999 when Testaverde went down in the opener, the Jets wound up not making the playoffs because of Parcells' arrogance in not having a qualified backup on the roster. Injuries are a part of the game. Parcells didn't plan for that eventuality and it cost us all. Then he bailed on us and left us with a doofus HC, a doofus GM, and a doofus owner who died 20 years too late.

6. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

..just wait a few games.......

7. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

yea, except now the running game will go away again with Mr. 20 yards and under out there.

8. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I half expect geno to be given the green light to play again this year just to muddy up the situation a little more. Why? Jets, thats why

9. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

Why is that racist? Hell, I'm as fucking white as a sheet and I totally agree with him.

10. Chadchrebet

Chadchrebet Well-Known Member

Nah, ill "hate" the jets for how the team is run, but I could never see myself rooting for another team. When Geno was under center, I actually pondered that if the Raiders moved to San Antonio, while recently moving to Texas, I "might" root for them.