2017 Prospects

Discussion in 'Draft' started by RubenDias, May 13, 2016.

1. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

I agree. Do you think a trade is possible prior to the draft? I think he still has another season on his contract.

2. cbman13

cbman13 Well-Known Member

Could Myles Garret play Outside Line Backer and solve our edge rush problems? If so he's worth a look

3. TouchyFeely

TouchyFeely Well-Known Member

Who said Fournette was no good? He's embarrassing Ole Miss right now. 7 carries 249 yards 3TDs and counting with over 13 minutes left in the third quarter. Two rushes of 70+ yards so far.

4. jetfan59

jetfan59 Well-Known Member

He was phenomenal last night and broke the single game school rushing record on only 8 carries.

5. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Yeah I saw that game. I had seen him play before, but didn't remember his having that burst. I may wind up changing my mind on taking him in the 1st.

6. jetfan59

jetfan59 Well-Known Member

The crazy part is that he had that burst playing on 2 sprained ankles. Those injuries are why he's missed a few games this year.

7. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

He could. The kid looks like a player, and even looked good against that great Bama offensive line despite being banged up during the game.

I just don't really see us going that route. The offense is too old with too many holes to justify taking essentially another defensive lineman.

8. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Obviously we know the Jets do BPA regardless of need but I think they are most certainly targeting OL as a top priority.

I wouldn't be surprised if we drafted 3 OL throughout the draft.

9. wampa

wampa Well-Known Member

We would take Garrett if he fell to us. He's the best prospect at any position in this draft. As Fournette is to RB prospects, he is to edge-rushers, and our vaunted defensive line was mostly drafted for 3-4 DEs - he's far more clearly an 3-4 OLB or 4-3 DE build-wise, a guy who at 270 moves like he's 240ish. so it wouldn't be a repeat of overloading at a stacked position quite the same way as when we took Leo Williams. Think Clowney's physicality, only with an insane motor, better college production, and high-character. If he's available we take him and don't think twice. He's who we pick if we somehow end up with #1 overall and no-one will offer a pair of 1sts to trade up. Generational prospect at edge rusher.

10. TouchyFeely

TouchyFeely Well-Known Member

Good thing this draft is super deep at corner. It's not crazy to think we can double dip and get at LEAST one starter if not 2 out of this draft.

Freddy Mondo and IIMeanDeanII like this.