Jabrill Peppers

Discussion in 'Draft' started by cbman13, Sep 24, 2016.

1. cbman13

cbman13 Well-Known Member

He'd be a hell of a addition...... Think it's possible?

fansince90 likes this.
  2. Freddy Mondo

Freddy Mondo Active Member

My in-laws are Wolverines alumni, so I've been watching a few of the games. They always seem to be blowouts, so I end up losing interest. Maybe when there are better match-ups later on in the season.

I'd imagine Peppers is exactly the type of players Bowles loves. How good is he at the CB position?

I quite like Jake Butt if we end up looking for a TE.

3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Is that really his name? It sounds like a better name for an OL than a TE, but better for a TE than a WR or QB. LOL

Freddy Mondo likes this.
  4. TouchyFeely

TouchyFeely Well-Known Member

His family members come to the games wearing specialized jerseys, Papa Butt, Head Butt, etc.

abyzmul and Freddy Mondo like this.
  5. NCJetsfan

LOL

6. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Yes please on Jabrill.

fansince90 and Freddy Mondo like this.
  7. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

Playmakers will inspire other players to make plays. I like.

fansince90 likes this.
  8. ToddNoBowles

ToddNoBowles Member

Can he play QB? If not no thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Ozymandias

He does play some QB, actually.

fansince90 likes this.
  10. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

This kid hits like a truck. I'm not sure he is someone that has great coverage skills. He plays LB primarily, in the box type of player. I'm not sure how that would translate. The kid is super fast and is the best tackler I've seen in college football all year. Is a really good return man.

He has question marks for me in some areas though. Can be a special player though. No doubt.

11. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

I just got done watching more film on him. I think this is a guy Bowles would target heavily. This kid would be such an amazing tweener for this defense under Bowles.

Safety - Linebacker role

He reminds me a lot of Deonne Buccanon, only better. More athletic, better tackler, better instincts. This kid is getting me excited, doubt he falls to us though. He should be a very high pick if he keeps this up.

fansince90 likes this.
  12. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I think he's a linebacker in the NFL, not a defensive back. I've seen him struggle in coverage.

In my opinion, while I believe he's a tremendous college player I don't think he would be a good fit for the Jets. We already have a couple safety/linebacker tweeners that struggle in coverage in Pryor and Darron Lee.

If he's on the clock when the Jets pick, we should trade as someone else will be in love with him and it would be an opportunity to stock up on picks

Martin&theJETS likes this.
  13. ToddNoBowles

ToddNoBowles Member

Falls to us?? We very well might have the first pick in the draft. Chances are they'll win a game or two to ruin that chance but they're looking real good for at worst a top 5 pick.

If the Jets were to take Peppers with a top 5 pick with the amount of holes we have I think I'd go crazy. They are going to be in position to get possibly the top QB, OT or WR, they cannot possibly even consider a guy without a position over one of those positions. That's just crazy talk and I'm a fan of Peppers.

14. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

This kid would be a wasted pick. We drafted Darron Lee to fill this role. Take him in the 3rd round? Absolutely.

But he won't be there. He is going to own the combine. The kid makes 0 plays with the ball in the air. That is not what we are looking for.

15. Ozymandias

This QB class is not very good so getting the "best QB" won't really mean anything.

Plus we have Petty and Hackenberg developing. I'd like to give them a go.

16. Ozymandias

He'll fit right in. Nobody on our team makes plays in the air either.

Burnz and Martin&theJETS like this.
  17. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

No fucking defensive players in the first round.

OL
    OL
    OL

18. wampa

wampa Well-Known Member

Considering the dumpster fire that is our secondary and the relative quality of defensive backs to OL in the top 50 picks... You're about to be disappointed, and for good reason. This is an atrocious draft for tackles and an amazing one for DBs. So we'll get DBs. Maybe in the second round we'll grab a high value interior OL...

19. fansince90

fansince90 Well-Known Member

Ive been watching this young man since Pop Warner. He has excelled on every level. A future HOF in my opinion. If Jets can get him they should not pass him by.

20. NCJetsfan

At what position are they going to play him? Based on what I've seen/read about him, he doesn't really have a position and the one he excels at most is return man, and you don't take return men in the 1st round. If you see him as a DB, I disagree. He doesn't seem to have ball skills, or at least doesn't get many interceptions. The Jets needs DBs who are ball hawks and how have great ball skills.

So is he a RB? WR? I don't like the idea of guys who really don't have a position. IMO he would be a luxury pick for a team that has its starting lineup set on both sides of the ball and has good depth. He would be someone you would use as a return man, perhaps a nickel corner, 3rd down back, who could be a real playmaker, but would only be a part time player.

Switching positions at the NFL level usually doesn't work. That's one reason why it's so hard to find 3-4 OLBs who can rush the passer.

IMO the Jets need players who have years experience playing the same position and the accompanying instincts that have developed from their experience in those positions. I hope they don't even consider Peppers.