Josh Gordon fails another drug test

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by BigSnacks54, Jan 25, 2015.

1. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

that's a lot of
    i dont dismiss his idiocy, or feel bad for him in any way. i also at a point in my life had to stop acting like a kid and pass a drug test to have a decent job.

the fact that we have become so focused on controlling what people do and wanting to punish them for what amounts to nothing is my issue, and its with the league and general population. this guy, i cant even remember his name at the moment is just what brought me to write it. i dont give much of a damn about him and dont feel bad for him.

and goody likes that power and control, you could tell when he was asked about drug testing earlier this year that he literally enjoys having that power over guys. and most people feel the same way. they actually enjoy watching a guy go down for some dumb shit. its fucking weed, what the fuck does that have to do with the game of football? absolutely nothing. is it going to make him a bad role model? who cares? its legal in a number of places, so i really dont think it even makes him a bad role model. it just makes him an idiot. which i dont think is against the rules.... yet

2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I dislike that idiot Goodell myself. believe me. more than anyone I hate the POS.

But in this example of Josh Gordon. I dont think you can even say in this case that the commissioners office is trying to control his life. Actually I see them trying as much as they can to get him on the field. They changed the drug rules completely. You have to fail like a bunch of times to miss games now. Gordon failed a bunch of times.

They said "alright if you pass this time we wont suspend you for the season" he failed.
    They said "alright if you pass this time we will reinstate you" he failed.
    Now they are saying, okay bro, you got until august and if you pass we will reinstate you.

What the fuck else are they supposed to do? You think Goodell, in the hot water he is in now, wants to suspend Gordon for life? Fuck no. He wants him to pass the fucking test for once so he can reinstate the guy. But that requires Gordon to actually not be a fucking idiot for once. I wouldn't be surprised if they are literally behind the scenes telling him what days they will be testing him but that idiot still fucks it up. See the rules have been in place for awhile if it got out that Gordon failed the test and the commissioner had enough of it and said "fine whatever" players that were suspended in the past would burn the commissioners office down. It makes a mockery of rules they've had for years.

Essentially its in everyone's best interest for Josh Gordon pass a damn drug test. And yet - he fails. This one is on him and him only.

3. alleycat9

how about they stop testing for marijuana?

and like i said gordon is an idiot. it is on him, and as the rules currently are he either needs to pass or sit. my posts really arent about him, they are about the fact that they even waste anyones time with testing for marijuana. meanwhile a good portion of the league is doing things that actually make a difference and they cant seem to get that under control.

4. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

but Goodell can't just stop testing for marijuana overnight.

The Jets missed the playoffs by a half game last year. They were without their best defensive player Sheldon Richardson for 4 games, which turned out to be huge. You don't think they wouldn't be pissed off if now Goodell stops testing because a Browns player can't pass the test?

They get a new commish, or a new players union agreement, yeah it makes sense to worry less about players smoking marijuana. But at this point- Gordon better pass the test or get his punishment or this whole league is a joke.

alleycat9 likes this.
  5. alleycat9

i agree with everything other than the fact that it cant happen because someone else would be pissed. if its the right thing to do and you realize you are wrong then you make the change. it has nothing to do with josh gordon it has to do with it being a stupid rule and the commissioner being belligerent about it. and the fans and owners being ok with that. even cheering it on.

6. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

The funny part is I actually forgot it was the weed that caused Richardson to be out four games as opposed to his OTHER incident last offseason

7. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

kevda5n9ne likes this.
  8. NotSatoshiNakamoto

So I guess that 9th round fantasy pick was a bad choice

kevda5n9ne likes this.
  9. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

He's not getting any extra games. He should be fine.

10. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Your buddy Roger filled you in already? I guess, as long as he's not in the clink.

11. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

I got a notification from The Score which is a very credible sports app. Thanks.

NotSatoshiNakamoto likes this.
  12. The Waterboy

He went and took the DNA test so they cancelled the warrant.

NotSatoshiNakamoto likes this.
  13. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I'm so glad my life was never anything like this. Lol.

14. The Waterboy

I saw it from the other side working for Child Support, the stories some people would tell about why they didn't take the test were like something from The Far Side.

15. fansince90

fansince90 Well-Known Member

Who said its weed?

16. fansince90

fansince90 Well-Known Member

Anyone who works for child supoort should be banned from all male oriented social groups and activities. You work for an unjust system and you are proud to admit it? You give women an unfair advantage and have no concern for fathers when their visitation rights are being abused and their children are alienated from them. You group good fathers in with the dead beats and afford some women a more lavish lifestyle making it advantageous for them to seperate and destroy families over money.

IDFjet likes this.
  17. The Waterboy

You are a fucking moron. I guess when you went through the system you went with the cheapest attorney you could find and got hosed because of it. I on the other hand spent some coin on a good attorney and got custody of my kids and support from their mother.

Now to school you because you obviously have no fucking clue. The Department of Revenue/Child Support works guidelines to get duly deserved support for children. The support is based upon the income of both parents and is only wrong when one or another of the parents tries to hide income. If you actually looked at the guidelines you would see the support set by those guidelines is fair to the child, I couldn't give a fuck if you think it is fair to you.

The Department of Revenue/Child Support also has absolutely nothing to do with visitation rights, and give no advantage to any one party. Once again that was your fault for getting a strip mall attorney. You are probably the type that would let your kid run around in rags because you are bitter that your ex left you for someone that could actually give her a good fuck. Educate yourself on the fucking facts before you come here and post bullshit that you have no clue about.

I am actually proud of the work I did with Child Support. When I was able to root out hidden income of a parent or get a large lump sum payment of back support so that a child could once again have some new clothes and not worry about eating good, it made me feel great. Assholes like you are the ones that continually lie about income or assets which only affects your child but you couldn't give a damn about that.

Now in closing I will just say, go fuck yourself.

18. NotSatoshiNakamoto

19. alleycat9

All these years i never realized you had an ex wife who apparently is a crack whore.

20. The Waterboy

What, did i hurt your boyfriends feelings so you thought you would pop in and defend his honor?