Hackenberg

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by cbman13, Aug 20, 2016.

1. TouchyFeely

TouchyFeely Well-Known Member

To be honest, I wouldn't even say efficiently. He effortlessly goes through his progressions. And his mechanics seem to be there while he goes through his progressions when he has the time to. I don't remember the exactly play, but I remember seeing him go from right to left, first and second reads weren't there but he makes the throw quickly to his third, all while his feet make short pitter patter steps keeping his form. I'm seriously excited about Hack's potential.

I think what he needs to work on the most is keeping his composure. Sometimes he throws a bit early when he has defenders coming at him. Sometimes he tries to throw his receivers open when they're not in the best position to get to it. Stuff like that.

2. Altoona

Altoona Well-Known Member

I strongly recommend that both Hackenberg's doubters and supporters alike click on the link below and humbly urge everyone to give it a listen!!! Scroll down the page to hear Brett Kollman's extremely detailed and cogent analysis of Hack's unique ability and potential:
    (Locked On Jets 8/30/16 Episode 4: Talking About Hackenberg's Potential), It is easily, far and away the most thorough, comprehensive and intelligent report I've ever read about Hackenberg.

http://www.ganggreennation.com/2016/8/30/12708448/what-is-christian-hackenbergs-potential

Many (if not most) doubters will have their minds changed about our taking him in the 2nd round and supporters will find themselves that much more excited about our future. Kollmen makes the most persuasive, logical and convincing arguments I've heard or read anywhere as to why Hackenberg has the true potential to be a legitimate franchise QB and why we should reasonably expect as much.

The Youtube video near the top of the page is also a very worthwhile watch and listen.

http://www.ganggreennation.com/2016/8/30/12708448/what-is-christian-hackenbergs-potential

#482 Altoona, Aug 30, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2016
    Walt White likes this.
  3. edray10

edray10 Well-Known Member

I thought it was a goat.

4. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

Watching all these one read QBs coming out recently and seeing Hack those two series was breathtaking for me. A year to just ease his mind absorb all the NFL knowledge and then next year competing for the job will set us up long term. I want to invest heavy into the O-Line for him next year because when he has time I think he will pick teams apart. On that Out to Anderson that set up the TD I thought I was watching Brady.

NYGANGGREEN and NCJetsfan like this.
  5. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I agree with 95% of this but one thing that stuck out to me was that other than one or two throws, he locked on to one receiver. Not complaining because obviously he's a rookie with not a lot of NFL experience but just something I noticed.

Regardless, your point about one-read QBs is why I'm happy we are taking a shot on Hack. I still just wish it wasn't in the second round.

6. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

It was a male goat.

7. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Hackenberg for two Vikings first round picks anyone?

8. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

I mean if we didn't draft him in the 2nd then we wouldn't have had him at all

9. BroadwayAaron

You don't know that. Just like I don't know he would have been there in the third.

10. DefenseWinsChampionships

I know one thing for certain.

If we didn't take Hackenberg there during the 2nd round...

The New England Patriots would've without hesitation either selected Hack during the 2nd round (60th overall) or the 3rd round (78th overall).

They ended up taking a quarterback by the name of Jacoby Brissett during the 3rd round (91st overall).

But there's no way Belichick would've allowed Hackenberg to stay on that draft board. Not with Hackenberg having experience under O'Brien while running Tom Brady's/N.E's offense at the age of only 18 they wouldn't have.

11. BroadwayAaron

It's certainly educated speculation but we don't have access to anyone's board. And again I like Hack, I'm glad we took a shot on him, but if he ended up off the board in the third when we went to go pick I don't think I'd be too heartbroken... it's not like he's a can't-miss prospect that we would have been fools for passing up.

You can try and say "well then the Pats would have had a QB of the future" but a.) nobody knows how he's going to pan out and b.) the Pats are the Pats, they can probably develop a QB a tad bit better than us.

12. Altoona

100%.

13. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

gotta strike while the iron is hot

14. Altoona

Absolutely. I have no doubt in my mind. Again, please click on the link below and listen to: Locked on Jets 8/30/16 Episode 4: Talking About Hackenberg's Potential and watch the Youtube video as well. Knowledgeable fans will then realize why a plausible case could easily be made for justifying Hackenberg having been worthy of a 1st round pick in this year's draft. He WOULD NOT have escaped BB and the PATS had we passed him in the 2nd round.....

Listen, watch and LEARN.

15. Altoona

16. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

NE missed on Brady's replacement because of the punishment for Brady's cheating.
    Poetic justice

NCJetsfan likes this.
  17. BroadwayAaron

This is fine and all, especially since I said I'm fine with taking a shot on Hack given his measurables and experience... but this still provides 0 proof that he would have been picked by the Pats. Speculation, yes, of course. But no one knows BB's board.

18. Altoona

With all due respect, seeing how both the Audio report and the Youtube video analysis are nearly a combined hour in length, you couldn't have possibly gone through even one of them much less both considering how quickly you replied to my post. The fact that the Pats selected a QB in the 3rd round together with the certainty that they did their homework on all the QB prospects combined with Hack's experience and understanding of the fundamentals of the Pats offense (not to mention his outstanding measureables) makes the Pats taking him before we had another crack at him a no-brainer, near certainty.

Again: http://www.ganggreennation.com/2016/8/30/12708448/what-is-christian-hackenbergs-potential

Listen, watch and LEARN.

19. BroadwayAaron

Well considering you posted this exact same thing yesterday... I think I had ample time to watch and listen two things nearly a combined hour in length.

20. Altoona

True, but did you? Believing you to be a very intelligent contributor here, I sincerely believe if you had, your opinion would be otherwise.