Hackenberg

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by cbman13, Aug 20, 2016.

1. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Gotcha. Prolly no way to do it. 4 QB's seems like the answer in the end to me, the least objectionable. We'll find out soon enough. A lot can change in a week and a half tho.

2. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Yea I really dislike the argument. Everyone has no experience until they do. At some point they have to buckle up and take their lumps in live snaps.

Now if we had someone with experience that was actually good during that experience it would be another story.

Freddy Mondo and MizzouJet like this.
  3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

So, if we're so dumb, why do you keep coming back to visit and post here? I don't see anyone requesting that you come back for a visit. I know it isn't because you have some magnanimous desire to come here and graciously share your superior football knowledge to help educate us. Whatever the case, don't do us any favors.

I don't see any "slang" terminology being used or "cliques." You really are too stupid for words.

Vanbiesbrouck likes this.
  4. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Remember, N.E. kept 4 quarterbacks in 2000.

Footballgod214 likes this.
  5. NotSatoshiNakamoto

remember? I highly doubt you just remembered that fact.

6. 101GangGreen101

Can't say the same for the person I quoted. Gotta do what's best for the team. Having 4 QBs isn't unprecedented. I see no reason why we can't keep 4 and dump Bohanon or McDougle. Jets will need to weigh the pros and cons of keeping 4 QBs. Geno better light it up against the Giants or the decision will be made right then.

7. Chadchrebet

Chadchrebet Well-Known Member

And we kept four with Erik "dimebag" Ainge, Kevin O'Connell, and Clemens. That's not the point.

Edit I was wrong: Sanchez, Geno, Simms, Harrel,

8. 101GangGreen101

They weighted the pros and cons of keeping 4. Jets or Patriots, they needed to find an answer at QB, and well they don't know the answer right now it appears.

If they were closer to getting that answer, Geno would've been gone by now.

9. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

Not true. Fitz has been on the team for less than a month. Finding the answer is what the 4 weeks of preseason is about.

Chadchrebet likes this.
  10. Chadchrebet

Chadchrebet Well-Known Member

Drew Bledsoe was the starter, and nobody in a million years thought otherwise that a 6th rd pick was going to overtake him, so...

11. 101GangGreen101

He gives the Jets the best chance to win. The Jets may not get that answer after week 4. What will happen then? Qb roulette?

12. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Mac strikes me as a guy who tends to (smartly) not make moves too soon. This is a situation where you may not want to cut any QB until after PS week 4, in case of an injury to any of them. He may even let that play out until Devin Smith returns from PUP.

There would be almost no point in cutting Geno now. Of course it would be nice to get the backup QB reps in PS W3 if that was the plan, but how many will it be anyway and if they have there minds made up it wouldn't matter.

13. 101GangGreen101

I think a scenario like this is very likely, and I like this idea a lot more personally, then putting Hack on IR or cutting a QB too early. Jets should have more of an answer by then and if they need to carry Geno going forward.

14. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

Hackenberg is a project. They need to work on his fundamental throwing motion for at least a season. At the same time, they don't want to throw him into a game and ruin his confidence.

15. 101GangGreen101

but they kept 4 QBs because of the future ... if you think about it, we are almost in the same position as the Pats in 2000. No one knew Tom Brady would become the QB he is today.

16. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

What? You were saying Geno is on the team cause we haven't figured out what 3 to keep. They will have a decision before Week 1.

17. DefenseWinsChampionships

As I've stated countless times Hackenberg had no chance with Penn State's punished program by the NCAA while behind an atrocious offensive line (or lack thereof).

Shame on you all who've labeled the kid a "bust" before he ever took the field. And mind boggling how you can look at his Penn State completion percentage as a way of saying he has "no accuracy". It's more like he actually had no time in the pocket to scan the field for open receivers.

Not only was his 1st ever drive a TD scoring drive off a TD throw but he also showed beautiful touch along with NFL like accuracy.

This kid can be special. Great I.Q of the position. Experience reading defenses pre-snap at the L.O.S and an absolute cannon for an arm.

18. BIGREX

BIGREX Member

Has there ever been a better 1st series by an NFL rookie QB :)

Jets69 likes this.
  19. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Considering this thread?

No ;)

NYGANGGREEN likes this.
  20. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

'Twas good Hackenberg and 'Twas bad Hackenberg. We'll see if the coaching staff can get him to consistently be good Hackenberg. #analysis

BIGREX and Freddy Mondo like this.