Resigning Fitz

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Thewatchfuleye, Feb 9, 2016.

1. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

Isn't there....another folder for this nonsense?

2. Catfish Billy

Catfish Billy Well-Known Member

Lol

You're cool

3. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I don't get how posters in this thread are trashing me for pointing out Fitz was a winner last year and Geno was a loser the year before. They are simple facts. Of course I know it is a team game. I preach it more than anyone when discussing QB's. I want what is best for the Jets and I think that is Fitz. I am frustrated with this stand off though for sure. Still, he threw 31 TD last year and led the team to 10 wins. How anyone could prefer Geno is mind blowing to me.

This is definitely my biggest concern with Fitz. Rex owned him last year.

4. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

Because it's faulty logic....He was 33-55 all time as a starter in the NFL before last season....Now you want to declare him a winner because of one 10-6 year?

The people that say he was mostly along for the ride with a great supporting cast and defense leading the way vs a shit schedule should get the benefit of the doubt because his whole career he has struggled mightily to win consistently

His overall career tells a much more clear picture than one season where he had everything in his favor

NCJetsfan and The Dark Knight like this.
  5. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

We got anti-Truth4U... cool.

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  6. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

He still has everything in his favor though. Same supporting cast for the most part. Wouldn't you think his (10-6) Jets record is more likely to matter for 2016 than his pre-Jets (33-55) record you speak of? I have never said Fitz was great or a Top QB. He is just the best available to lead the Jets right now. After a solid 2015, he deserves a shot to continue in 2016. He is selfishly sabotaging himself right now, but that is besides the point. Could Geno, in theory, succeed with this supporting cast the Jets have in 2016? You would hope so. Definitely not guaranteed though. Could Fitz revert back to being a below average QB and tank the Jets season? Yeah, that could happen too. Still, he would be my pick right now.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  7. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

People keep talking about Fitz's 31 TD Passes record, but he did it with 562 attempts (1 in 18), which is the real reason because it is way more than any of his Jets predecessors.
    The league has changed, that is why he got the record not some incredible QB play.

When Chad threw his most as a Jet in 2002, 22 he did it 399 attempts (1 in 18).
    When Vinny threw 29 as a Jet it was in 421 attempts (1 in 14).
    Richard Todd threw 25 in 1981 in 497 attempts (1 in 20).
    O'Brien threw 25 twice, with 482 and 488 attempts (1 in 19).
    When Joe Namath threw 26 in 1967 it was with 491 attempts (1 in 18).

Did Fitz have an okay season last year? Sure he did, but let's keep it real the rate of TD passes/attempt is in line with all the previous Jets QB's -- Nothing overly special.

All Gas No Shake likes this.
  8. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Fitz and JSexton vs Macagnon

DLee and his Momma vs Macagnon

Other than both an unsigned embarrassment can someone tell me the connection here? lol

9. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Mac don't fuck around, and while he may lowball, he does fair market value especially for Fitz. Mac had a great offseason considering his back was against the wall.

Great job Mac!

NCJetsfan and FJF like this.
  10. NotSatoshiNakamoto

To add to this, Geno as a starter:
    2014: 1/28
    2013: 1/36

11. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

Fitz is going to sign. He just doesn't want to go through the first part of training camp. I wouldn't be surprised if that has been the idea all along.

12. zace

zace Well-Known Member

If he doesnt go to camp he doesnt need to start. Ill say it before and ill say it again. Hes not that good. I could understand if were talking a top tier qb. Hell brady and rodgers go to camp. Fitz is no Favre and if the jets treat him like he is, they clearly have no idea how to build a winning team.

If fitz comes to camp, then he can start.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

FJF and MoWilkBeast like this.
  13. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

And there was me thinking that leadership skills were one of his main plus points.

NCJetsfan and FJF like this.
  14. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

I am of the mindset that if Fitz misses some of camp, than he shouldnt just be annointed starter. That would set a very bad precedent.

He would have to earn that back. I dont think him earning it back would be difficult. It's pretty clear the coaching staff and the players prefer him. But you cant just annoint him the starter after all the offseason hassle.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  15. PulseJet

Yeah, but that doesnt seem to be the positioning of the Jets coaching staff. They have been very non-committal on when they want him in. If Bowles said, "if he isnt in camp by July 27th, then who knows who the starter is", then that would have been a line drawn. Bowles hasnt done that.

NYJetsO12 and zace like this.
  16. PulseJet

I agree, but not sure the Jets coaching staff agrees.

17. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Lying dumbass. You know very well to what I refer, but it doesn't fit your agenda to acknowledge. You have zero integrity.

18. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I don't "need" to do anything. Yes, this is a sports forum, but it's part of society, and when a fan makes a comment that sounds suspiciously racist, then I have a right to question it if I find it offensive. You have the right to skip any or all of my posts as you choose or to put me on ignore. You aren't the board censor. So save your "breath."

I asked a question and it was answered to my satisfaction, and I moved on. It is you and Notawordoftruth who have made this a big deal.

19. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

I don't think anyone would argue with the bolded, maybe outside of few hard core Geno supporters. The question is not whether Fitz is a better option. The question is if he is 10M better.

MoWilkBeast and NCJetsfan like this.
  20. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Rather than personally attack me, why don't you go ahead and backup your claims? It seems to me integrity is lost when you follow the path you've taken so far.