Is the NY Jets a disloyal franchise?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by fansince90, Jul 11, 2016.

1. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

The person you quoted also isn't realizing this rarely happens anymore anywhere. It's the nature of free agency. So the point to begin with is moot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

New York Jets, we take care of our own baby!!! Lets go!!!!

BacktoQueens and fansince90 like this.
  3. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

never thought they were to begin with and certainly not now....

fansince90 likes this.
  4. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

In case some haven't noticed, this is a new regime and obviously they operate differently than the good old daze of Rex Tannenbaum. A change for the better IMO.

Burnz and fansince90 like this.
  5. fansince90

fansince90 Well-Known Member

Verbal irony at its finest. Lol.

6. fansince90

The key for this regime will be to gather and sustain enough talent long enough to be competitive and eventually SB champions. I give us 1 -3 yrs.

7. APK 8

APK 8 Well-Known Member

I vaguely recall some former players felt shut out from the organization when Rex and Tannenbaum were in charge. Mr T came from the Parcells tree and Bill had no loyalty to anyone. Rex's loyalty was limited to his own ego.

8. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Tannebaum didn't resign and extend players also?

I remember him extending Ellis, Cotchery, Brick, Mangold, Moore, Harris, Revis, Pace, etc..
    All good moves..

What did him in was extending some guys he shouldn't have, namely Holmes and Sanchez (and of course missing on too many draft picks).

That's where Mac will be better, but in terms of loyalty i haven't seen a big difference.

fansince90 likes this.
  9. DefenseWinsChampionships

I wouldn't say we're a "disloyal franchise". I mean, when's the last time we've had (either) the same G.M or head coach for a good 10 year run? It just hasn't happened; with new head coaches & new GM's there's bound to be complete over-turns. Most of the times a new GM/HC will look to bring in their own players while creating an identity for themselves ala out with the old & in with the new. Which makes it difficult to keep key players from previous regime's. I guess that's why we call the NFL "not for long" but i most definitely wouldn't consider the Jets a disloyal franchise. If anything it's a two way street with players competing with opposing players in terms of trying to get the biggest payday at their respected positions while GM's & owners at times refuse to cave-in to players high demands. Just my thoughts.

fansince90 likes this.
  10. Hackenberg

Hackenberg Active Member

all franchises are disloyal. Its a business.

11. tanknyc

tanknyc Active Member

I've always wondered the same thing myself with McKenzie, Hugh Douglas, James Farrior, John Vilma, Laveranues Coles, Santa Moss and the list can go on and on. We have a way of letting Home Grown Talent walk out the door and become successful somewhere else which makes no sense. I know free agency plays a huge role in these decision's but we should make better efforts to do so. Mo Wilkerson, David Harris and a few others are the exception

fansince90 likes this.
  12. fansince90

My sentiment exactly. We haven't had a kick return threat since we let Washington go.

13. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

mckenzie got offered way to much from the giants, douglas i don't remember his exact situation, farrior wasn't that good for us, he didn't do really well until he went to pitt. Vilma no longer fit our switch from a 4-3 to a 3-4, Coles got offered way to much by washington, moss we traded to get coles back. Every team see's talent walk at one time or another, thats what a salary cap does. NFL isn't MLB. You can't name 1 team that hasn't seen talent walk in free agency or get traded because of cap room.

14. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Am I the only one that gets annoyed with the wording in the title of this thread? It reads like it was written by Geno007.

15. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Tuna got rid of Douglas because he was a 4-3 DE and didn't think he'd fit the standard 3-4 he ran. Similar to why Mangini got rid of Vilma.

16. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

I am disgusted by how disloyal you are to the OP.