2017 Prospects

Discussion in 'Draft' started by RubenDias, May 13, 2016.

1. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Leonard Fournette
    Christian McCaffrey
    Nick Chubb
    Bray Kaaya
    Jabrill Peppers
    Myles Garrett

2. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

Dan Feeney OG from Indiana ==== possible 2nd rounder.

3. wewantsapp

LB Raekwon McMillan, Ohio State, 6-2, 240 --- will be a JR. this upcoming season but a touted 1st rounder come May 2017.
    OT Roderick Johnson, FSU - 6-7 307, - true JR. but barring a complete disaster of a season for us in 2016, --- he'll be well out of our reach come May 2017

4. BleedGreen4ever

BleedGreen4ever Active Member

This year I will be focusing almost entirely on offensive prospects. Its time for a change in philosophy. Our offense is old and our defense is young besides one or two veterans who can still play and there is depth everywhere on defense. I think an influx of youth on the offensive side is absolutely necessary. Left or Right Tackle, Center, WR's, and Running backs will be my focus. I think we are okay at QB if Fitz signs. We have our starter and some developmental guys, I don't see us getting a QB unless one falls in our lap or is a top prospect. But the age on the offensive side of the ball is a major concern and it must be addressed next off season.

5. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

I would love to find a real threat at RB in the 3rd or 4th next year. Going to be watching them this year.

_

6. BleedGreen4ever

BleedGreen4ever Active Member

Hopefully Khiry Robinson can show hes a player I think that was the underrated signing of the off season, I know Parcells loves him and thats enough for me. I will still be looking at backs in the mid round though to pair with him and Forte's eventual replacement. Brandon Marshal's replacement should be in the fold as well. As of now I would love a Tackle in the first round but obviously that can change with a good showing from Clady or possibly from Giacommini (doubt it) or even Qvale.

7. Nesquik

Nesquik Well-Known Member

Theres so many great RBs next year id be pissed if we don't. James Connor is my guy and I'm pretty sure he'd be available then, but we really should draft a RB instead of investing money in FAs which is what we do every single year some how. Literally our best player ever Curtis Martin IMO wasnt even drafted by us, instead given to us by trade via the Pats.

8. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

If there has ever been a player Belichick will trade up for, it's McCaffrey. Perfect player to torment us to end Brady's career.

Altoona likes this.
  9. Altoona

Altoona Well-Known Member

I (and practically everyone else who's familiar with him) am totally sold on him and hope we somehow manage to land him. He's a gifted running back and receiver who plays far faster than any stopwatch will ultimately time him. He's a rare talent who has amazing vision and is a terror in (and creating) open space. This is a kid I hope our front office has locked on their radar and will be more than willing to package whatever reasonable combination of trade(s) and/or draft picks to secure him in next year's draft.

10. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Who cares, they might all be dead before 2017 ever arrives. As may we all.

abyzmul likes this.
  11. Leicester Jet

Leicester Jet Well-Known Member

We might be after a Tight End if Amaro doesn't work out. How about OJ Howard from Bama? I wouldn't go 1st Round for him but 2nd maybe?

12. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Open manholes, Don. They are your friends.

Altoona likes this.
  13. Matty Jets

Matty Jets Well-Known Member

LSU DB Tre'Davious White

nyjetsmets89 likes this.
  14. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Greg Ward Jr - Houston QB. Will be watching him all season, he turned it up big time against Oklahoma.

15. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Stock is up for sure, did you see him destroy Conor McDermott from UCLA? What an ass-whooping, McDermott was suppose to be one of the best lineman in the country.

16. Matty Jets

Notre Dame QB DeShone Kizer
    Alabama CB Mumphrey

17. wewantsapp

Mike McGlinchey, OT, Notre Dame. 6-7 310. Played RT last year & replacing departing 1st 2016 draft pick Ronnie Stanley now at LT.
    Billy Price, OG, Ohio State. 6-4 315. Strong and durable.

Ozymandias likes this.
  18. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Yeah I like McGlinchey as of now.

19. wewantsapp

I've been focusing a lot on O-lineman & the below from Walter Football about some guy at a smaller school who's name has been popping up early in the season.

Julie'n Davenport, OT, Bucknell ---- Senior
    Height: 6-7. Weight: 315.
    Projected Round (2017): 1-2.

9/3/16: Sources say that Davenport has superb measurements to be a starting left tackle in the NFL. He is listed at 6-foot-7, 315 pounds. Scouts say they think he could be an inch shorter but has excellent length with 35-plus-inch arms and 10.5-inch hands. Davenport has good athleticism with quick feet with a background in playing basketball. Athletic ability runs in the family as Davenport is cousins with Charlotte Hornets forward Michael Kidd-Gilchrist. Team sources believe that Davenport could be a future starting left tackle in the NFL.

One scouting director told WalterFootball.com that they think Davenport would be a top-20 pick if he played at a big BCS school, but because of his level of competition, he is probably more likely to be a second-round pick.

20. Matty Jets

The 2017 draft is being billed as a very strong class for RBs, which is true. However, I think taking a running back in the first - which I've seen in many mocks this month - would be a terrible mistake, not only with our line troubles but the with overall decline at the position.

We're good at RB for another year. We need to rebuild the line and the Bucknell kid sounds like someone to key an Eye on.

My draft preference, and I know it's early, would be QB, WR, OL, OLB, DB.

Two projected first round picks who struggled in Week 1 were the FSU OT and UCLA OT.

Robinson is sliding in mocks for off the field stuff.

#40 Matty Jets, Sep 8, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2016