Aspects that must be improved upon from 2015 in order to land a playoff birth this up coming season?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DefenseWinsChampionships, May 29, 2016.

1. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Hahahaaaa classic.

Grams! Forgot that one.

_

2. JStokes

I wish I could find that old video.

_

3. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Badger was a total boss: "This is the opposite of good."

4. JStokes

Great find. Couldn't find it.

_

5. Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous Well-Known Member

What is a playoff birth? Is that when your third baby mama has a kid during Wild Card weekend?

Jets_Grinch likes this.
  6. Bellys Lies

Bellys Lies Well-Known Member

Replacing snacks and finding a qb in a qb lead league we are in last place right now. With no Brady for 4 games and the older talent we have now is our time

#26 Bellys Lies, May 30, 2016
    Last edited: May 30, 2016
  7. Johnny "Lam" Jones

Johnny "Lam" Jones Active Member

winning the Buffalo game AT HOME. The Jets can't lose to division rivals at HOME,

Lam

RexontheBeach likes this.
  8. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

1) thats why we revamped our LB group. Davis is gone who was bad in coverage, we drafted lee in the 1st to replace him who should have better cover skills. we also drafted an OLB and drafted moulden last year who will see a larger role. 3/4ths of our LBer group is in their 1st or 2nd year. we have youth and speed now. something that was missing for a while. and we still have harris as the QB on defense to teach these young guys. I think Lee will help a lot with stopping RBs out of the backfield.
    We also get sheldon back full time, williams has a year experiance, and we still have wilk. we can have a fresh rotation of stud DEs rushing the pass with mouldin and jenkins coming off the edge

2) This is still a question mark, but smith comes back after a rough rookie season and injuries and could perform well, amaro also comes back off a season ending injury. enunwa wasn't bad either and I really like the selection of peake. I think between all those guys coming back one of them will step up into a 3rd option. We also signed forte who is one of the best receiving backs in NFL history

3) Gaily is a good OC, he'll come up with gameplans to put up points for us. we have enough talent to make it work, even if we arne't going to light up scoreborads, at least we can score enough to have the defense win it

9. DefenseWinsChampionships

Quincy Enunwa has answered my question. He's emerged as our 3rd option alongside Marshall & Decker. And he's playing lights out too.

Vs. Cincinnati, Enunwa put up 7 receptions for 51 receiving yards & 1 TD.

@ Buffalo he's already recorded 5 receptions for 90 yards during only the 1st half.

During the offseason I was hopeful for Smith, Robby Anderson opened some eyes etc but it's been Enunwa who's solidified our WR core as one hell of a 3rd option in order to compliment the duo of Marshall & Decker.

Our offensive attack seems so much less predictable with the emergence of Enunwa.

And he's only 24 years of age as a 3rd year player? Sky could be the limit regarding his potential, because his ability is without question there.

This reminds me of when Jerricho Cotchery emerged as a Jet during his 3rd year, Enunwa seems to be breaking out, out of nowhere as a 3rd year player.

10. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

After racking up 90-92 yards in the 1st half, I don't understand why they ignored him in the 2nd half. He got us going and carried the team early. They should have called his number a time or two so he could get 100 yards. He deserved it.