Dynasty Leagues

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by Ubiquitous, May 22, 2016.

1. Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous Well-Known Member

How many play dynasty fantasy football?

I joined a startup dynasty league (first one I ever joined) in the summer of 2011 before my freshman year of college with 11 other future classmates whom I'd never met. The creator/commissioner of the league recruited all of us through my university's Class of 2015 Facebook group and interviewed/vetted us to see if we were good guys and serious about fantasy and making a longterm commitment.

We're now in year six of the league, and it's so much fun. More than half of our members are Eagles fans since I went to Temple, but we're all total NFL junkies, and these guys turned out to be some of my best friends from college. I won the league last year, and we've had a different winner in each of the first five seasons.

Recently I've gotten the itch to join another dynasty league, but I know I wouldn't have the patience/diligence to be a commissioner. My league has the best commissioner imaginable - he's hardworking, smart, and very fair.

At this point I'm barely even interested in redraft leagues. Last year was the first season in over a decade in which I was not in any redraft leagues. For me it's like going back to riding training wheels after learning how to ride a two wheeler.

Who else on TGG is in a good dynasty league? Maybe if there were enough interest, we could start a league on here.

2. 74

74 Well-Known Member

I offered to make one a year or two ago here but there was zero interest.