Status after the 3 rounds of draft.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Zach, Apr 30, 2016.

1. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

1. Mo is here for at least 1 more season. I hope he is extended at a reasonable price.

2. That said, Jets LB corp got a whole lot faster in 2 offseasons. Mauldin/Lee/Jenkins look like a good LB starting corp for the next 5 years or so.

3. Hack... fuck him. I hope he is worth the gamble.

4. Jets now need a lot of OL help. With Revis getting out next season, OL and CB will be the primary focus next year.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  2. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

Time to focus on ST on day 3 ! if we could re-sign Mo long term say 6/90 I would do it as our fully loaded line will open holes for our speedy linebackers.

Let's hope one of our quarterbacks pan out or we're going back to the drawing board.

Like you said OL and CB will be our positions of need next year.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  3. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

Let me add ... this will be the make it or break it year for Amaro

4. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Put it this way, we always fu*k up the 2nd round pick every year so at least we are trying to go with a QB this time. In reality this is a pretty weak draft and most analysts have no idea who is really going to be great or not.

5. Terminated117

Terminated117 Active Member

We need Fitzbeard back. Hack isn't starting anytime soon and he ain't going to learn jackshit from the current QB's on the roster.

6. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Our draft this year is like:
    [​IMG]

74 and NYJetsO12 like this.
  7. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

If there was ever a need for a 'Fuck You' button, this is it folks.

abyzmul, Burnz, NYJFOREVER and 4 others like this.
  8. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

I don't understand the concept of not liking a draft pick. Our opinions are so uninformed they are irrelevant. Us predicting a prospects success is akin to being blindfolded, spun around ten time, and launching a dart. As a fan you can only hope for the best. The more certain someone says they are about a draft pick, the bigger the fool they are.

9. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

I'm so happy we managed to get Jordan Jenkins I'm the third, I wanted him in the second round. Amazing value and he should be able to start for us right away.

I'm pleased overall with this draft, it may not be the best draft for this upcoming season but there is a ton of potential coming out of this draft for our team and it's future.

I truly believe we have a legit GM drafting for this team now. I'm stoked man.

10. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

You're on the wrong message board with all your "rational thoughts" and your "well thought out analogies". pshaw

Good day to you, sir. I say good day!

11. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Revis getting out next year? Jumping the gun, are we?

12. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

Disappointed that OL has not been addressed but also conscious that most of the good prospects have been taken before our picks.

I'm not interested in taking scrub OL with late round picks (Aboushi, Griffin) so hopefully there will be an ST focus today.

Bizarrely enough, I'd be happier if our second and third round picks were swapped as Hack seems a reach but would be forgiven as a Third Round pick.

The two most difficult negative QB traits to coach out are inaccuracy (Hackenberg) and stupidity (Smith). I'm not sure we can carry both on the roster.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  13. Beki

Beki Active Member

On God that OL depth:
    C: Wesley Johnson
    OG: Dakota Dozier, Jarvis Harrison
    OT: Qvale, Ijalana

I hope Clady + Giacomini won't be injured during the season...

14. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

You do have to wonder who gets cut if they sign a starter. I am betting it would be Smith.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  15. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

It's Revis...the clock's gonna start on his holding out when his guaranteed money runs out.

16. edray10

edray10 Well-Known Member

Not sure about Mo. They can't trade him until he signs the franchise tender and he hasn't signed it yet. He will either sign it or hold out. If he holds out, he'll be holding out a long time because I don't see the jets giving him more. Once he signs it then they can trade him, and I think they will.

Agree on 2. On 3, he's worth the gamble according to Macc and that's good enough for me.

Not clear about 4. They kept a lot of young Oline on the roster last year and that suggests to me that they have been grooming some of these guys to be starters. In the short run, they need a RT and they've said that's Qvade, so that's dealt with. They're solid at LG and it looks like they like Winters at RG for now. They probably have Mangold for another couple of years. Meanwhile they had Dozier and Harrison backing them up and as potential starters in the future. The only Oline you should take in the first round is LT and they were all gone by the time the jets picked. Clady, if he stays healthy will be a big improvement.

17. JETS1116

JETS1116 Well-Known Member

if someone has watched a college player for a few years, then i wouldn't say their opinion is uninformed. even if they've seen that player for one game, they aren't uninformed. i get what you're trying to say, and people shouldn't overact cause you have no clue how they'll do in the pros and what their potential is. but to act as if fans are completely uninformed and we should trust our scouts/management since they are "pros" and get paid for this, is in a way acting blindfolded. having worked in corporate america for a while, there are a lot of people who suck at their jobs. it happens in the nfl as well.....these pros get fired all the time. so yes, fans here are allowed to have opinions, it's why we're on a jets forums in the first place.

74 and Red Menace like this.
  18. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Other than Hackenburg this draft is defense loaded

We badly need punter and kicker, OL, and prob WR since Marshall Decker all reaching their peak

I am not saying D doesn't win championships but I wish it was more democratic. Two picks for TBowles (Lee and Jordan}

so my take is so far its possible fireworks but also the possible dumpster fire ....I just don't know.

19. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

The Jags got Jalen Ramsey and Myles Jack. Wow. That team should be much improved this year with the draft and FA signings.

As for our draft I like the Lee and Jenkins pick but I'm meh about Hack. I'll trust the judgement of Macc until he proves otherwise.

20. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

We need Hoyer. Fitz wants too much and isn't worth the money. Hoyer is just as capable and could start this year and backup next year. I say sign Hoyer for $4M a year, kiss Fitz goodbye, and kick Geno out the door.

jonnyd and Will-I-Am-Not like this.