Go on record-If Paxton Lynch is available at 20 do you take him?

Discussion in 'Draft' started by jetfannerd, Apr 21, 2016.

1. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Yes. Assuming Mac, Gailey and Bowles are confident he can develop into a big time QB. If they have doubts, then no; stick with Petty as the main developmental guy

westiedog1 and NYJetsO12 like this.
  2. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

I haven't watched enough footage on him yet. My initial reaction is no, I wouldn't take him. I'd rather take a pass rushing OLB or an OT.

3. GreenGreek

GreenGreek Well-Known Member

I prefer Cook or an OT.

4. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

Not over Treadwell but I wouldn't mind the pick

5. Mario

Mario Well-Known Member

Yes, and I'd be very happy. Jets do not have a long term answer at QB. The only way the Jets pass up Lynch is if they believe Petty can be the guy.

If they can resign Fitzpatrick, you figure they'll be competitive the next two years. Then the Jets can let Lynch or Petty battle it out. In 2017 or 2018.

6. BigSnacks54

BigSnacks54 Well-Known Member

Yes, he's going to be the best QB from this draft in my opinion. Too many people are knockingh im for his system, ignoring his improvement year to yeaar and poise.

7. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

He's the biggest boom or bust prospect out of all the QBs IMO.

8. BigSnacks54

BigSnacks54 Well-Known Member

I don't really put much stock into boom or bust(I feel as if most QBS are boom or bust). Goff and Wentz are huge risks as well, especially when you consider where they will be going. The kid has imrpoved tremendously each year, and displays sign of poise, and creativity/excelelnt play under chaos. I can see why one wouldn't be a fan of him as a prospect, but IMO he's going to be a top 12 starter or so.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  9. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Hell yes. We have nothing to lose drafting him. Let him come to us at 20. Petty and Lynch learn behind Fitzy. Then a TRUE QB competition happens in the next 2 years. I would be thrilled to get him and It has been a decade since we drafted offense in the 1st round. It would be if nothing else a refreshing change. We have to keep drafting QB's until we get a good one. It is our Achilles heel. The NFL is a QB centric league and we need to catch up.

I think Gailey could make Lynch the next Phillip Rivers.

Please pick Lynch at 20.

Make up for not picking Bridgewater.

OTR get this beast!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

+1000

Best post in this discussion

There are no guarantees in life. As I p0sted previously in 99 Don Mcnabe got booed by Philly fans and for 10 years Philly had great seasons

Where is the future QB for the Jets to build the team around.??...uh last time I looked that position is sorely lacking and on shaky ground even with Fitz/Hoyer coming in to bridge the gap

It puzzles me why posters think QBs are mostly trash and think all other positions are sure things..smh

Frankly I think no one has the stones to see the future or plan for it on the TGG Its safer to go with a WR or Defensive player

Every year there is a new QB class and I am sure 60% of the Board will hate them...and so on every year

Yes we need an edge rusher, I like Floyd, but imo QB trumps everything

11. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

What's with this Treadwell love on this forum?

The mediocre in college. His tape wasn't impressive at all to me.

12. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Nothing will make up for that.

_

TwoHeadedMonster, TNJet and NYJetsO12 like this.
  13. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

Yes. I would keep taking shots on QBs until we find one to build around.

westiedog1 likes this.
  14. KleckoNamathToon

No. We have our project QB in Petty and nothing about Lynch shows he is better or more prepared to play in the NFL. Take an impact player in round one and look for a QB later if you are so inclined.

almbleamal and 74 like this.
  15. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Lynch is a much better prospect than Petty. They both could use time to develop of course but Lynch is the better prospect.

Petty shouldn't factor into this decision at all. Draft Lynch if you think he could be a good NFL QB or don't if you don't. But don't let a long shot 4th round QB affect the decision

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  16. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Everything I read and hear about him is positive, with a ton of upside potential and comparable measurables to the first two. Why not take a chance? If our draft gurus see it that way press on, have him sit and learn and then when ripe enough put him out there in the mix and really let them compete. When it comes to finding your franchise QB I throw the conservative approach out the window unless we have the first pick. IMO there is no other way to find that rare gem than to take a chance every year on a high potential until you find it.

westiedog1 likes this.
  17. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

No, but I would take him over Eli Apple.

I'd like Treadwell or Floyd if they're there.

18. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

What's there not to love? Big physical receiver whom tracks the ball well, elevates to go and get it with a great vertical and wingspan, and a strong built frame to shield off defenders. He looks to be in the mold of our very own Brandon Marshall, and while he, like Marshall, doesn't have blazing speed, he doesn't need it to be effective.

What don't you like about him? If I'm the Jets I'd be salivating at the thought of him falling to us. I'd be shocked if he gets past the Giants, Titans, Lions, but if he does he looks to be a home run pick.

19. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Same guy. Same college production everything the same but Treadwell played at Ohio State and not Ole Miss and the dude you are responding to would be kissing his ass calling him the best WR or some shit

74 likes this.
  20. 74

74 Well-Known Member

I'd take him at 120. Not 20.

The only reason he is getting first round love is because of his height.

He ran a wing T in high school. He ran a gimmicky offense in college.

His team started 8-0 last year. They finished 4-5. College defenses figured him out.

He could be a good NFL QB in 3 years.