Jets waive Coples

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYJFan10, Nov 23, 2015.

1. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Rex drafted Coples to play on the line with Wilkerson. I remember Rex saying Coples' interior pass rush is exactly the kind of 'in your face' pressure that QBs hate.

The second we drafted Richardson TGG was like "WTF? What to do we do with Couples???? We'll have to trade him, he's too big/slow to play OLB".

TGG was right and Rex, Tanny, Idzik, Maccagnan, and Bowles were wrong.

Would love to hear what he did on the flight back from Texas. Maybe he punched Geno? Seems to be the ticket out of here.

rammagen likes this.
  2. klecko73

klecko73 Guest

We all know that today ends with a Coples sack of Fitz ending the game winning/tying drive...

3. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

Seems like the plane is a non-issue........ my takeaway from this is Bowles saying that coples isn't fast enough for OLB......duh. Ẃe have known since his first year.
    With this genius logic, we should expect pace to be gone as well.

4. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I think you're gonna start to see Bowles sprinkle in our newer LB's. You saw a bit of it today with DD not on the field so much.

alleycat9 and Red Menace like this.
  5. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Did Coples have any impact today?

6. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

It's why I say Coples got a raw deal here.

Ghost50 likes this.
  7. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

When we drafted Richardson, there was no room at the inn for Coples, so out he went to LBer.

But when we drafted Leonard, he stayed on the line even when Richardson returned. Why do we have room for 3 now but not earlier? Something's gotta give, right?

8. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Didn't you see? When Marcus Williams made that interception, Coples' arm-scar-blob ran into the field and smashed him in the knee.

They even have a video of it on NFL.com, I'm told.

9. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

he may have had 2 tackles.

i enjoyed seeing less demario davis out there today, henderson seemed to be on the field more often than in the past.

anything to not have davis in there on passing downs, now although he wasnt out there as much i did see him chasing down the guy he was supposed to be covering after he caught the ball at least 3 times today.

10. DaBallhawk

DaBallhawk Well-Known Member

Had a QB hit, 2 tackles, one for a loss of 8 yards I think on that one Ivory run at the end. Not sure if the NFL credited him for that. He didn't play much (10-15 snaps?), but he whipped Breno pretty good who also was flagged once for holding Coples. Basically he showed he's a DL, not a linebacker. I think he's gonna be a good one for the Fins unfortunately.

alleycat9 likes this.
  11. jxc

jxc Active Member

NFL gave him goose eggs across the board.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  12. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

you can put money on it. hes probably pissed off, probably motivated to prove people wrong and playing in the position he should have been in from the start.

hes not a terribly likable guy to me, BUT he has also gotten fucked by the jets pretty bad with position changes and body type changes, its not a simple thing to ask a guy to put on 20 take off 20 back and forth. hes one of those guys that just got lost in the wash for 3 years because he was asked to do something that he isnt cut out to do.

and thats a shame, its also not the first time the jets have done that to a guy and pretty much wasted away years of his life.

13. Chadchrebet

Chadchrebet Well-Known Member

Raw deal? The guy never saw the field because he was too slow, when he did play he never made an impact. Come on the guy had questions coming out of UNC for effort. clearly he got his rookie deal and will be out of the NFL like Vern in another year.

wewantsapp likes this.
  14. DaBallhawk

DaBallhawk Well-Known Member

Who cares, watch the game. I'm sure they're gonna correct those stats later in the week. He played well.

15. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

he "played well" if you are going into the game wanting him to play well like yourself. For the rest of us, biased Jets fans or even neutral parties who watched the game he was non existent.

either way I thought he was supposed to give Miami all the Jets' secrets

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  16. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

Raw deal in the fact that Rex and Bowles tried to constantly force him to play out of position.

alleycat9 likes this.
  17. abyzmul

He doesn't have a position in the NFL. They tried to find one for him, but he didn't fit.

18. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

He did he gave him all the secrets they've been using to go 1-4 in their past 5.

19. abyzmul

I think the best part about this situation is that dopes think he should have been rotated in with all pro players at the position that he might almost sort of play average at.

He's an "interior lineman" that looks more like an NBA center, he plays his assignments like a giraffe with football pads.

20. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I thought he coulda been a Justin Tuck type when they drafted him. Thats how Justin Tuck was/built and he played inside a lot with the Giants. But Tuck is a smart player and more versatile than Coples.