Ezekiel Elliot, RB OSU

Discussion in 'Draft' started by cbman13, Nov 28, 2015.

1. cbman13

cbman13 Well-Known Member

He has a chance to be special...... If we decide that The QB class is too risky, I wouldn't mind taking him to replace Ivory in the draft..... Thoughts?

2. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

The QB class is extremely weak.

I don't love taking RBs in the first round but we have been lacking a dynamic playmaking RB forever.

He's the perfect mix at RB. Strong, fast, shifty, can cut and is dynamic in the open field.

Oh yeah.

_

3. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

I live in Columbus and have seen Elliott's entire career. Good player, not sure if it's worth using a Rd 1 pick on a running RB. I can't say Elliott is a great player, and there will be better options in Rd 1. Elliott is a product of a solid offensive line.

Joey Bosa is a total stud and Aldolphus Washington could be a Rd 1 player, he's having an outstanding year.

4. JStokes

Nice. Let's grab some defensive ends/DTs.

_

Burnz likes this.
  5. JStokes

Maybe grab a CB too.

_

6. JStokes

Fuck Joey Bosa just blocked a pass and intercepted it.

We're going D line.

Again.

_

7. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

Elliot is overrated. Great college player but he's not gonna be a stud RB in the NFL. He plays on an Ohio State team that runs first.... and then runs again. I would take him in the 2nd or 3rd but he could be a 1st rounder. I don't like his value there especially where we will be drafting.

#7 Martin&theJETS, Nov 28, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2015
    june19 likes this.
  8. wampa

wampa Well-Known Member

Doubt Bosa falls to us. He's going to be a top 3-4 pick on too many boards and I think it's unlikely we're picking in the t10. If he does, I suspect Mac will try to move the pick as there's a decent chance the scouting department feels the same way about him they did about Coples - someone who fits better in a 4-3 than a 3-4.

Back to the topic...

EE is hard for me. I'm not sure how much he's a product of his OL and how much his OL is a product of him, which makes him hard to evaluate for me. Second, 2015 is just strait up a weaker RB class than 2014, and arguably 2016, and it's generally poor value-per pick to grab people in weak "positional years" outside the top 4-5 overall. He's probably the best offensive skill-position player for the Jets and will likely go in the 2nd half of the 1st round. I'm relatively un-hyped about this year's WR class. I like Corey Coleman but he'd be directly competing with DS for a speedy-slot receiver gig.

I haven't done a deep dive into the full spectrum of what's available in the draft yet, but I'm personally hoping we can find a blue-chip OL prospect or a stud 3-down ILB who can actually perform coverage roles well - Kuechly on Witten on Thanksgiving was a thing of beauty and I salivate at the prospect of having an ILB who could do that to Gronk.

#8 wampa, Nov 28, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2015
  9. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

We're probably picking like 16-24, a reasonable range for him to fall to.

If he's the BPA then go for it, not above choosing a RB round one.

I just want a blue chip investment in round 1, get the highest rated NON-DEFENSIVE LINEMAN…OR KICKER/PUNTER that you can find.

OLB? Cool. ILB? awesome. QB? neat. RB? why not?

10. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Take offense in the first round? You do know this is the Jets we are talking about right?

All kidding aside, I like Elliott. If he is BPA I would have no problem whatsoever with the pick.

11. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

This is the thing about college.

Todd Gurley blows both knees never plays ...drafted 1st round... Stud...Anyone who watched him play for Georgia felt it coming

Elliot ... never injured...won championship kinda on his back...drafted ? ...produces??

We never will know i wish more fans will just enjoy the ride and root more for players before their own team

12. irishwhip03

irishwhip03 Well-Known Member

I dont like the kids attitude. He has talent, no doubt. But IDK if he's going to be a good pro.

If we're gonna pick anyone I hope its Derrick Henry but Id rather avoid RB's in the draft this year. Not very deep past the top 2 guys.

But neither are worth a 1st round pick. If you're going RB in the 1st round he better be a stud with limited question marks.

13. talisaynon

talisaynon Well-Known Member

Coworker who's an osu fan keeps telling me to watch out for him.

14. Nesquik

Nesquik Well-Known Member

I love Zeke but he isn't that elite AD, Gurley and Fournette type. Those are the guys u spend first round picks on. Zeke will be chosen in the first round but when u look at the landscape why chose a RB high. Thomas Rawls was an undrafted FA this year lol. RBs are a dime a dozen I'd much rather chose James Conner in the middle rounds.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  15. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I like Aaron Green from TCU ... good pass catcher and he's explosive. I don't think we need a workhorse or feature back, but it would be nice to get someone that can catch a screen-pass and take it to the house.

16. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I've seen a lot of good looking RBs playing in college this season. I don't know which ones will be in the upcoming draft, but certainly some of them will be. As long as he has good hands, is elusive and fast, I don't care which one we take. It would be great to nab an elite RB, but if we don't upgrade our OL, unless he's the second coming of Barry Sanders, it won't matter much.

At this point, barring some QB suddenly emerge as a "can't miss" prospect (not gonna happen imo), I'd rather the Jets grab a stud pass-rushing OLB or a Luke Kuechly clone in the 1st round, an excellent LT prospect in the 2nd who fell out of the 1st round for some silly reason (or flip the first two rounds and get the LT in the 1st and the OLB/ILB in the 2nd), and a RB in the 3rd. Of course, that's subject to change as we get closer to the draft.

westiedog1 likes this.
  17. jetlife21

jetlife21 Well-Known Member

If we get a pick in the Late teens, low twenties I'm taking a hard look at this kid. Would be excited to go OL, QB or LB as well but Elliot is going to be real good right away for a long time.

18. Get me the Damn Ball

Get me the Damn Ball Well-Known Member

Elliot is not worth a first rounder and I was a advocate of going Gurley/DGB in last year's draft. This year I would go Oline/OLB/ILB in the 1st round

19. Jetphan73

Jetphan73 Active Member

we need a LT in Rd 1 this year...

20. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

BPA but in general need areas OLINE, LB, and maybe another position