Westhoff just buried the coaching staff

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DaBallhawk, Nov 26, 2015.

1. DaBallhawk

DaBallhawk Well-Known Member

We had a KR touchdown in 2012, we had a PR touchdown, Malone was punting pretty well, Nick Folk kicked well (3/4 from 50+ yards). Same with 2011. Joe McKnight had a KR touchdown, I think he led the league in KR avg that year with 32 yards per return, that's absurd. Kerley averaged over 10 yards on punt returns which is also very good. Conley was amazing, Folk was solid. So again, what are you talking about? Even if you just go by (in your opinion) his worst years down the stretch, that's still top 5 in the NFL right now if you compare that to the other special team coaches and what they're doing.

2. DaBallhawk

DaBallhawk Well-Known Member

Please tell me you're just joking with your posts in this thread. You are, right?

alleycat9 likes this.
  3. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

His first point is the most telling. Eight man fronts with no blitz and no serious penetration.

DaBallhawk and alleycat9 like this.
  4. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

I loved Westy, but seriously, shut the fuck up already.

Jetaho and Pocket Jet like this.
  5. thirtyoddfreestyle

thirtyoddfreestyle Well-Known Member

westhoff for HC

TNJet and Jets69 like this.
  6. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

I agree with everything he said. I was so pissed off about htat td on revis, it was actually a 9 man front, we had both safeties rolled up right outside the ends. 3 lbs within 4 yards and 2 cbs covering wrs. we had every single player within 5 yards of the los.

the rest of it is also completely correct.

sojaz you might be drunk or just posting the most idiotic posts in a long time.

people shitting on westhoff or wanting him to shut up are fools. his thoughts were perfect.

TNJet, dogg, BacktoQueens and 2 others like this.
  7. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Westhoff is the man. Great points.

alleycat9 likes this.
  8. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Why is westhoff not on one of the national pre or post games shows. This guy is pure entertainment.

TNJet and Jets69 like this.
  9. jxc

jxc Active Member

It's starting to look like Gailey's call to Fitzpatrick in the final minutes of the 4th quarter is "Let's just throw it to the right side and see what happens."

[​IMG]

Red Menace likes this.
  10. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

Exactly. He criticized one defensive play call. Let's not go off the deep end. Westoff is a good coach. At the end of his time here they got him no talent for Specials. I like him. His viewpoint is refreshing. Anything is better than Custer and Cue Ball

11. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

It's clear to me this coaching staff is very raw.
    Idk if Bowles has much input in the game planning or in game adjustments on the defensive side of the ball or if he's giving Rodgers full reign but it's clear that Rodgers is in over his head here.
    Now I realize it's year 1 and there's a learning curve but shits got to change and I don't think cutting a player in Coples who was hardly used anyway is going to shake things up.
    Everyone on this team from the coaching staff to the back up long snapper has to reach down deep and do some serious self evaluation and figure out how to get this team back to playing fundamental football.
    There's just no excuse for how flat we come out and the effort put forth on the field.
    The decision making by the coaching staff in games has been atrocious at times and it cost us the Pats game as one example.
    I'm beyond frustrated with this team .

dogg likes this.
  12. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

yes ... just busting balls... he was a good coach... fiery, no none sense, disciplinarian that the team needed... I guess we'll see what Bowles is made of.

alleycat9 likes this.
  13. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Some of this sounds like intelligent analysis and some sounds like a crabby old man venting. The Cromartie quote is a classic.