Do we bring Fitzpatrick back next year?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TonyMaC, Nov 16, 2015.

?

How much is Fitz worth annually to the Jets minus possible incentives?

1. less than 5 million a year

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 5-6 million a year

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  3. 7-8 million a year

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. 9-10 million a year

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. more than 10 million a year

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

As long as his price is manageable, then definitely yes. The Jets could do a lot worse than Fitzpatrick. They still need a long term solution at QB but he's a good backup and spot starter.

The Dark Knight and FlaJet like this.
  2. jco2007

jco2007 Active Member

There have been a lot of drops. Sure, you can say he's part of the problem, but he's not the main problem. Marshall let a 40-50 yard bomb go right through his hands on one of the first drives last Sunday. Smith let a first down for a big gain go right through his hands. Smith dropped a sure TD that was perfectly placed. Would've been an entirely different game had we come down with those catches. The WRs need to step the fuck up and make some plays.

FlaJet likes this.
  3. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

Why keeps this going. It's your opinion he's playing like shit. It's my opinion he isn't playing well but far from playing like shit.
    It is also my opinion that he isn't our qb next year but neither is geno.

Jets69 likes this.
  4. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

46% 3tds 4ints 400 yards last 2 games. thats just not playing well?

5. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

Have a blessed thanksgiving Jet fans.
    God Bless

Footballgod214 likes this.
  6. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

You too. Long live FITZMAGIC!

7. RIPJimLeonhard

RIPJimLeonhard Well-Known Member

My biggest gripe with Fitz is that he doesn't seem to have that "it" factor. What I mean is that there are definitely 3 games where Fitz had the opportunity to come through in the clutch, make some plays and lead the Jets to a nice comeback and never seems to pull it off. Against the Eagles, we had the fumble recovered at the 40, he throws a pick, defense holds them to 3 and out, bad punt,good return, get the ball at the Eagles 40 again, held to a FG, another 3 and out, 2 minute drill for the offense, throws a pick. Bills, several opportunities, and got extra chances due to Bowles reckless 4th down attempts, couldn't come up with anything, lose by 5, was a combo of bad coaching and Fitz not making the big time plays the great QB's make. Then last week against the Texans, crazy reckless TD run, but a TD run none the less, gets momentum on our side, down by 7, throws 2 picks on the next 2 drives, Jets lose. Whenever it comes down to that crunch time, need to make a drive here moments, Fitz folds, and you can't win Football games that way. Fitz is far from the worst we could have, but also far from being what we need at QB.

Red Menace likes this.
  8. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

Absolutely valid. This is the problem with Fitz. But the thing is, if he was that guy that had the ability to lift the team up and bring them back from 2-3 scores down, the Jets would have never gotten him on the roster. He would be a franchise guy and still with the Bills, Tennessee or Texans. If he showed he could do that this year (like I hoped) I would say he was our answer until the Jets groomed Petty or a player to be named.

Fitz is who he has always been. A competent QB that can move the offense and score a few TD's. The Jets have been pretty efficient in the red zone, and alot of that is because Fitz is smart and sometimes crazy like last week on the scramble TD. The Jets blueprint has always been strong defense, a bruising running game, and a passing game that is respectable that could keep defenses off balance. If the Jets offense can put up 2-3 TD's per game the Jets should win most games. Thats what most people thought at the start of the year.

Fitz has kept up his end. But it seems like folks think he should be Aaron Rodgers when he was never that guy. The problem with the Jets in 2015 has been primarily its defense. The Jets invested a ton of money and draft picks on the D, and have a "mastermind" defensive head coach. But the D lets off the street QB's shred them and no-name RB's gash them. Look at that RB Grimes for the Texans. The announcers kept calling him a former Jet. I didn't even remember who he was and that he was on the team. But there he was, 37 yards on 6 carries and 3 catches for 28 yards. If only Ridley had those numbers.

FlaJet likes this.
  9. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Correct but you ahve to factor in the OL and WR poor play + lack of running game. its not all his fault....

FlaJet likes this.
  10. FJF

the last qb got none of those factors considered, i wouldn't expect 10 year vet to get them either

socaljetfan and The 1985er like this.
  11. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

True if he had the brains the of Fitz he be the starter.

12. FJF

[​IMG]

13. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

For an Ivy League grad, Fitz makes some of the most idiotic decisions.

See: the QB scramble where he didn't need to dive to get a first down and got his thumb torn off.

Come to think of it, Jason Garrett is kind of a retard, too. I'm going to have to re-think that whole Ivy League intelligence quotient. I played ball with a couple of guys that went to Princeton and they were preening jackasses that made idiot decisions on the field.

14. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Knowledge does not equate to wisdom.

abyzmul likes this.
  15. abyzmul

Or instincts.

Red Menace likes this.
  16. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

Not implying smarts from a certain university rather on field smarts. Please don't tell me that geno has smarter football sense than fitz.

abyzmul likes this.
  17. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

18. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

Giving someone a job based on pedigree is one of the biggest mistakes human beings make. And yet we do it again and again. My hometown university hired a no-name football coach in a last ditch effort to save their program. Six months later they are in the NCAA I - AA playoffs. There are thousands of people capable of being great at something, but are never given the chance.

#238 pdxdrew, Nov 28, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2015
    socaljetfan and abyzmul like this.
  19. abyzmul

I'd never say that, nor will I ever.

James Hasty and FlaJet like this.
  20. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

He's definitely upgradeable and will never be "the guy". But Fitzpatrick is the best starting QB we've had since Chad Pennington. He's smart and doesn't make a lot of dumb mistakes. That's saying a lot for a Jets QB.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.