The Happy Thread.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetLifeLo, Nov 13, 2015.

1. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

Everybody always wants to go on rants about a bunch on complete bull shit after games. Over reacting is the cool thing to do around here so it seems. So i guess after games or whenever you guys can come here to drop some POSITIVE input. (got a feeling this won't work at all lmao)

P O S I T I V I T Y is the name of this game.

So lets start with last nights game. I know there's nothing really to be happy about when ya lose, but there was some things i seen and liked last night

- Lorenzo Mauldin is gonna be reallly good. That kids motor is special. He was all over "T-Mobile" when he got out that pocket last night.. good shit!

- Leonard Williams is a monster. Flat out monster. idc if he's not getting stats, he's a bully he pushes that pocket in and allows for others to get through.

- Mo Money, Mo Problems. Pay that man!!!! OMG!!!!

- Sheldon Richardson is a man amongst boys! little boys at that! He was smackin the hell out of Tyrod.

- Marcus Williams... did you even hear of him last night outside of a few missed tackles in the flat early on? That's because he was too busy locking Robert Wood DOWNNN!!! Marcus Williams > AlCroTrash

- RONTEZZZZZZZZZZZ MIIIIILLLLLLEEESSSS!!!!! S.T.U.D! He was BIG TIME! He was Pryor yesterday! we had that spark again on defense thanks to him and Marcus Williams, i love it.! He should defintley be in rotation when pryor gets back still.

- Winters and Giocimini (spellings) did much better on that right side than i thought they would.. besides the break down on one of the screen passes towards the end of the game. Ivory had lanes and hit them holes.

- We all know Mangold is Mangold, glad to have him back.

- Fitz played well.. couple missed deep passes early on, but once he got going it was special, he wouldve pulled an amazing come back victory had the WR's had wanted that W as bad as he did. Did you guys see him get the o-line fired up before going into the 4th quarter? i loved it! we have a LEADER at helm ladies and Gentleman.

- Todd Bowles coached his ass off yesterday. I wish he made his half time adjustments at the end of the first quarter of these games. He's doing really well here so far, he'll get better and more confident in some of his decisions. I think he shoulda kicked some FG's yesterday but we were down 2 TD's and honestly who knew our defense would clamp down as they did in that 2nd half.. i dont even remember allowing first downs until Shady got a few runs off at the end. Didn't think we'd get the ball back as many times as we did. I can't hate Bowles for that.

5-4, on to houston.. i still see us finishing 10-6 and wildcard

2. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

I think I'm gonna be sick

Jets69 and EcKo151 like this.
  3. JetLifeLo

lmao! too much postivity ! its like a jets fans kryptonite

TwoHeadedMonster, jxc and 74 like this.
  4. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Great points. Tough handing the Bills a win last night, but have to move on.

5. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

I had to hear the same crap about DeWayne Robertson.

Jets69 likes this.
  6. JetLifeLo

But Roberton did'nt have 3 other all-pro lineman around him taking all the fun! :confused:

7. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

Only stat that matters WINNING. Moral victories are TRASH.

We have holes on offense, gaping wide holes of need...QB, RB, TE, OL

Wilkerson is a beast, pay him. Revis is still awesome, and still very expensive. Our linebackers are awful, specifically Demario Davis, Quintin Coples and the aged Calvin Pace.

We have to be one of the flattest first half teams in the history of the game. We have to be one of the most dominant 2nd half teams in the history of the game. Why can't it be both? Why we always have to play catch-up/wake-up in the 2nd half?

Special Teams are a nightmare...saw 3 different players return kickoffs yesterday Smith, Stacy and Thompkins. How do we not have this figured out? I know stacy got hurt, but the fact that he is back there returning kickoffs, EVER, is pretty scary in itself. Kerley best punt return probably a gain of like 11...most are less than 7yds. Can the man get a block? How do we not try to make something happen, change the blocking or try to get him a little room/look at a return. Quigs actually had a good game yesterday, happy thread :)

Brandon Marshall.....hello? Are you still there?

Happy Thread? Okay...5-4, best record we have had in 5 years, 'softer' schedule ahead, but does anyone really know who these New York Jets are? Seems like a very any given sunday type team.

rohirrim665 and Jets69 like this.
  8. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

You want to be positive about being down 22-3 at home, 3 turnovers which all led to 13 Buffalo points, terrible coaching decisions, and a chance to solidify your team as a contender and not a pretender.

Have at it, be positive.

9. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

At least Williams didn't cost two first round picks AND a fourth rounder.

Jets69, FlaJet and JetLifeLo like this.
  10. JetLifeLo

not saying be happy about losing but if u look around this board every day all u see is people bashing the team from every possible angle. i get tired of reading that shit. especially when 80% of it is straight BS. Sometimes i like talking to other fans about good things about our team. sorry.

LIJetsFan, Cman68 and NYJetsO12 like this.
  11. JetLifeLo

again this thread wasn't to be happy about losing the game last night.. this is for people that want to talk about our team in a positive light and you grinches are already trying to ruin it in less than 5 posts. my god.

JCLA likes this.
  12. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

I agree JV28

13. JetLifeLo

Aye i feel your pain bro..and you are right.. we are a any given sunday type team.. i thnk we just start slow. we tried to attack early and looked dumb for it. but that 2nd half showed exatly who are. a crazy stout team defensively, offense can be above average whe Ivory is going, and a team with a head coach that's still learning the ins-and outs in making big decisions. One thing i can say though, we woulda coulda shoulda been 8-2 right now, and i know that we have the potential to win those games easily that we lost but shouldve won. I like where bowles is headed, he'll improve.

JetsVilma28 likes this.
  14. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

Like I said, you want to be positive, then have at it.

But their are justifiable reasons why this forum today is negative. Their is NO POSITIVE spin on last nights garbage. We've seen these types of losses year after year after year.

Sure do some people go overboard by saying Devin Smith should be cut? Of course. Take that with a grain of salt.

#14 EcKo151, Nov 13, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2015
  15. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

You forgot to mention Ivory

Had a beast of a game running

Thanks for the post ...

This team unfortunately takes your guts out

I am Long suffering fan but always the Sun will come tomorrow

JetLifeLo likes this.
  16. irishwhip03

irishwhip03 Well-Known Member

The problem with these threads is our top guys usually show up every week. They arent a surprise. So there's really no reason to reflect on them being good players, because thats what they've always been. Yeah there's the occasional week where Ivory is non-existent because the oline sucks or maybe Decker doesnt do much in a game.

But for the most part our stars go out there and do their thing.

So that tells me the "other" things are the reasons we are losing these winnable games.

17. ERR

ERR New Member

I appreciate the idea behind this thread. I don't think carving out one thread out of 30 or so to focus on the positive reflects a "head in the sand" perspective. It just means that sometimes as fans we want to look at what is going well. FWIW.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  18. TouchyFeely

TouchyFeely Well-Known Member

Obviously I'm upset, but it feels good that the reason we lost is because a flub at a critical juncture that just didn't go our way, rather than winning 8 games in a season because of pure luck.

It means we can compete for 10 wins in a given season. We brought the Pats who look near unstoppable to the brink and lost some close ones. The only game we really got outplayed was Oakland and I just think we weren't prepared for what Oakland has become on top of injuries.

We're finally steady, no longer a sinking ship. We're a legitimate team. We can compete to squeak into the playoffs still, and have the steadiness to build through the draft without rushing prospects.

NCJetsfan and JetLifeLo like this.
  19. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Thank you, Pollyanna.

JetLifeLo likes this.
  20. IsmokePot

IsmokePot Active Member

Look we can blame this guy or that coach. Pick whoever you want. When it comes down to it this game was lost on turnovers. On to Houston I honestly didn't think we were that bad last night, costly turnovers was the name of the game.

LIJetsFan, jxc and JetLifeLo like this.