Latest Jets Transactions

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DaBallhawk, Jun 2, 2015.

1. DaBallhawk

DaBallhawk Well-Known Member

I think Eric Allen that dumbfuck is handling the official Jets twitter. He always does this goofy crap. He's the same guy that slotted Enunwa at 4th string WR (at the bottom) when he's lining up with the starters in the slot. But yeah, the Guard "competition" is over. There was no competition to begin with thanks to Oday's stupidity.

2. Jetsruby

Jetsruby Well-Known Member

POST CUTS & TRANSACTIONS

QB (4)

Ryan Fitzpatrick
    Bryce Petty
    Matt Flynn
    Geno Smith

RB (4)
    Chris Ivory
    Bilal Powell
    Zac Stacy
    Tommy Bohanon (FB)

WR (7)
    Brandon Marshall
    Eric Decker
    Jeremy Kerley
    Devin Smith
    Chris Owusu
    Quincy Enunwa
    Walt Powell

TE (2)
    Jeff Cumberland
    Kellen Davis

OL (9)
    D'Brickashaw Ferguson
    James Carpenter
    Nick Mangold
    Breno Giacomini
    Willie Colon
    Brian Winters
    Ben Ijalana
    Dakota Dozier
    Wesley Johnson

DL (6)
    Muhammad Wilkerson
    Damon Harrison
    Leonard Williams
    Leger Douzable
    Stephen Bowen
    TJ Barnes

LB (8)
    David Harris
    Demario Davis
    Quinton Coples
    Lorenzo Mauldin
    Calvin Pace
    Erin Henderson
    Jason Babin
    Jamari Lattimore

S (4)
    Calvin Pryor
    Marcus Gilchrist
    Jaiqwan Jarrett
    Rontez Miles

CB (6)
    Darelle Revis
    Antonio Cromartie
    Buster Skrine
    Darrin Walls
    Marcus Williams
    Dee Milliner

ST (3)
    Nick Folk K
    Tanner Purdum LS
    Ryan Quigley P

Steven Ridley PUP
    Sheldon Richardson SUS
    Oday Aboushi SUS
    Zach Sudfeld IR
    Antonio Allen IR
    Jace Amaro IR
    Kevin Vickerson IR

3. Will

Will Well-Known Member

My latest attempt at second guessing the CS and GM. I have put players in order of likelihood of making roster where so last name is less of a lock that the first.

Offence 24

QB 3 - Ryan Fitzpatrick / Geno Smith / Bryce Petty

I saw a post by Daballhawk who pointed out that the Jets will possibly let Flynn go at final cuts with an agreement to bring him back after week 1 when his salary is not guaranteed for the year – this makes the most sense to me as to carry him costs others roster spots and will be dependent on where Geno is in his rehab. If not you can add him in place of Sheldon on D until week 4 as he will not count against a spot at final cuts.

RB 3 - Chris Ivory / Bilal Powell / Zac Stacy

Daryl Richardson has not garnered enough carries to make the team and Ridley will start on PUP/NFI so can be stashed for 8 weeks in the event another player gets injured. Looked at keeping Bohanon but based on BPA retention he lost out in the final few decisions to get to 53 as Kellen Davis can block out of the backfield. In addition there will be a lot of serviceable RBs available throughout the season if one of the three picks up an injury so I am not too concerned by lack of depth here by keeping just 3.

WR 6 - Brandon Marshall / Eric Decker / Jeremy Kerley / Devin Smith / Chris Owusu / Walter Powell

With Enunwa moving to HB we do not need to cut much further here. Evans is another whom I considered until the final one or two but had to drop to get to 53 although I can see him making the PS (PS slot 1) Powell who I virtually dismissed in earlier posts did well on his one punt return and may get a larger role on teams as a result.

TE / HB 3 - Jeff Cumberland / Quincy Enunwa / Kellen Davis

Jace Amaro’s placing on IR makes this a very weak spot on th roster and I can see the Jets sifting through the waiver wire to see if they can upgrade at final cuts time. Enunwa did well as a HB in preseason game 3 and this allows us develop him further. Wes Saxton (PS Slot 2) has a chance at making the PS even more so with the weakness of thise on the active roster(slot 1)

OL 9 - D'Brickashaw Ferguson / James Carpenter / Nick Mangold / Willie Colon / Breno Giacomini / Ben Ijalana / Wesley Johnson / Brian Winters / Jarvis Harrison

A lot of tough decisions here but Colon has been much improved during pre-season to grab the RG spot while Idzik’s picks from the last 2 years fall by the way side with Brent Qvale, Oday Aboushi and Dakota Dozier getting cut but possibly making the PS (PS slots 3, 4 & 5). Depending on the FO and CS’s view of Aboushi he may not be part of the final wave of cuts and that way they could look to cut on his return from suspension if they REALLY want to stash on PS.

Defence 26

DL 7 - Mohamed Wilkerson / Sheldon Richardson / Damon Harrison / Leonard Williams / TJ Barnes / Ledger Douzable / Stephen Bowen

A deep position made a little easier with Vickerson betting put on IR and a number of the others looking like they may get added to the PS, Dion Smith and Jordan Williams (slots 6 & 7). I have 7 DL being kept to ensure they do not wear down late in games as happened at times last year.

LB 9 - Calvin Pace / David Harris / Demario Davis / Quinton Coples / Mauldin / Trevor Reilly / Jamari Latimore / Jason Babin / TBD

For me the final slot is between Mays and Henderson. At this time Mays has the edge as Henderson has been sidelined but could recover with a strong last week. I think that Deion Barnes has a great chance at the PS (slot 8) as he got a lot of reps in the second half of preseason game 3. Expected a better showing from Taiwan Jones and Howsare may look at PS if others not put there, most likely one of the 3 OL if they hope to make the extended roster.

CB 7 - Darelle Revis / Antonio Cromartie / Buster Skrine / Dee Milliner / Darrin Walls / Dexter McDougle / Marcus Williams

Another tough call but I think McCagnan’s attitude in the draft to take the BPA will also attach here where he will look to keep BPA and Williams has done too well this off season to be cut and the last three on the roster all compete on teams. Keon Lyn has a chance at PS with a good showing in game 4 of preseason (PS slot 9).

S 4 - Marcus Gilchrist / Calvin Pryor / Jaiquawn Jarrett / Rontez Miles

The injury to Antonio Allen made this one of the easiest areas to project with Eskridge a serious candidate for the PS (PS slot 10)

Teams 3
    K Nick Folk
    P Ryan Quigley
    LS Tanner Purdum

IR - Antonio Allen DB / Zach Sudfield TE / Jace Amaro TE / KevinVickerson IR

Edited to include Mauldin who I left out totally :oops:
    Do not need t ochange as Sheldon is suspended week 1-4 and then cut one based on production to that point

#323 Will, Sep 1, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2015
    NCJetsfan and DaBallhawk like this.
  4. DaBallhawk

Nice list, I agree with pretty much everything. Except for Aboushi maybe. I also hope Deon Simon makes it over Bowen who looked pretty sluggish out there. Talley is a name to keep an eye on. I don't think he played that well but he played for Bowles in Arizona, I think he likes him. Douzable is twice the player yet he's behind Talley in the rotation, I don't get it.

5. DaBallhawk

Surprise. The Bills claimed Dalton Freeman. Many more to come in the next few days.

6. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

So Amaro on IR huh?

Did John Idzick ever draft anyone that lived?

7. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

Well if Richardson ever got injured his self-medication must have been working...

8. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Jetsruby,

Again, I don't see the Jets keeping Flynn. I believe he will be cut with an agreement to be signed following the 1st game.

I agree with you on the RBs and WR. My only disagreement on the OL is Dozier. He has disappeared. I think Qvale makes it over Dozier, but then again Harrison may stick if they like him and are worried that he won't make it through waivers. Then after game 1, Aboushi could come back and Qvale or Harrison goes to the ps.

On D, I agree with your choices for DL and Safety. I think Mays has a very good chance to make it at LB, and could replace either Lattimore or more likely Henderson. At CB, I don't see Walls sticking over McDougle. When Richardson comes back, Bowen will go. If the Jets sign a TE, then one of the LBs will have to go.

#328 NCJetsfan, Sep 1, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2015
  9. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Good job. My only quibble is that I don't think Richardson will count towards the initial 53, but I could be wrong. If he doesn't, who would you keep for 4 games, one of the OL? Whichever ILB (Mays or Henderson) you didn't keep?

10. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Can anyone explain the point of keeping Ridley around? I mean Ivory has looked like a clear #1 this preseason. Powell is a great change of pace back, and Stacy has looked pretty good too. I know he is on the PUP but I don't see how Ridley is better than any of those 3 guys right now. I also like Richardson. Is Ridley better than I remember?

11. DaBallhawk

He did have 1200 yards rushing that one year, I think he's definitely an upgrade over Stacy when healthy but we don't know if and when he'll get there and what he'll look like once healthy. I don't think at this point it makes sense to carry him around. Let's not forget he was signed "a long time ago", when Bowles just arrived, when we were about to lose Powell to free agency, I don't think we even had Stacy back then, Richardson wasn't expected to make the team (still injured?). Ivory, he wasn't being viewed as a #1 back outside of NY, most people were down on him at that time, like he's a change of pace guy who can't do anything but run the ball up the middle in the 4th quarter. Ridley was sort of brought in for insurance really it seemed who could maybe be our starter with Ivory spelling him. But at this point we might as well move on from him, everything changed. Ivory is our franchise back, Powell is back and he should get the rest of the snaps. And with Stacy emerging now you have a guy who enters the game in the 4th quarter to punish defenses and eat time off the clock. We don't need Ridley but it doesn't hurt having him on PUP for half the year and then who knows, maybe Ivory gets hurt, maybe Powell gets hurt, you can still bring him in. Heck it's worth stashing him on PUP for half the year just to keep him from joining the Pats or Dolphins or even the Bills, keep him from helping anybody just a little bit for that matter. I don't really care for him as a player, I'm good with our 3 current backs and would rather move on from him but it doesn't hurt having him on PUP IMO.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  12. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

1.000 yard rusher and former starter for the Patriots.

I would keep him for now.

13. LIJetsFan

LIJetsFan Active Member

How can you not like Eric Allen. I think you might need more ruffage in your diet or something.

14. DaBallhawk

Clearly a case of too much ruffage in your diet.

LIJetsFan likes this.
  15. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Powell is one player who has really stood out to me this TC. The guy seems to have improved every part of his game !
    I think he's going to surprise a lot of people outside NY who maybe don't know him, and really have a great year for us.

16. LIJetsFan

LIJetsFan Active Member

Powell is what he is, an nice third down back, a role player, not that there is anything wrong with that. A really great year, I don't see how. You need reps to have a really great year.

17. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

With Fitz at QB running the dink & dunk O I see us employing, coupled with our lack of a reliable TE, Powell will get lots of touches out of the backfield.
    I see his awareness improving and he has become more dynamic with the ball in his hands then I've seen previously from him.
    Now does he have breakaway speed, no.
    Will he be Emmitt Smith, no, but I think he could be that pass catching threat we've missed out of the backfield since LT retired.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. DaBallhawk

My final projected cuts after tonight's game.

- QB Josh Johnson
    - RB Daryl Richardson
    - WR Shaq Evans
    - FB Tommy Bohanon
    - FB Julian Howsare
    - TE Wes Saxton
    - TE Arthur Lynch
    - OT Charles Brown
    - OG Dakota Dozier
    - DE Jordan Williams
    - DE Stephen Bowen
    - ILB Erin Henderson
    - ILB Taiwan Jones
    - CB Keon Lyn
    - S Durrell Eskridge

But I think we'll have a couple of surprises in there, this game will be big for all these guys so it's really up to them. If Douzable, Reilly, Mays or Dex get cut I'll be pissed but I have faith in Todd.

19. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Bohanon and Henderson would surprise me

20. DaBallhawk

I wouldn't want to waste a roster spot on a pure fullback if we aren't going to use them a whole lot. I rather have Enunwa back there. He's not a lead blocker but he brings other stuff to the table and he can play multiple spots. Bohanon is one dimensional, and he's not even good at that one thing he does. But who knows what Chan sees in him and how Chan wants to build this offense. Anything is possible.

johnny likes this.