Crazy?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by cbman13, Aug 30, 2015.

1. MiaJets305

MiaJets305 Active Member

I'm no sold on Miami at all, to me it all depends on our defense and if it can live up to expectations, if it does and Fitz can keep turn overs to a minimum and stay healthy I don't see why we can't get into the playoffs and make serious noise.

2. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

Luckily it's in London ; )

3. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

Oh really? I never said anything to you it was you who replyed to what I said.

4. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Oh wow good catch. :oops:

_

5. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

I think it's a big advantage that two of our away games are minimized because one is in London and the Giants at MetLife

6. joe

joe Well-Known Member

You blind? (previous pg.)

fyp :D

7. 74

74 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be that worried. Their offense is atrocious.

8. BigSnacks54

BigSnacks54 Well-Known Member

Yes. This team has no shot at a divison title with Fitzpatrick or any Quarterback on this roster, for that matter. He's a delusional gun slinger, with a noodle arm who can barely complete comebacks to the far side of the field. I see this team winning six or seven games, with the QB play we're projected to have.

I'm not a Geno fan at all, but, at the very least, he has the physical tools to male difficult throws, unlike Fitzpatrick. Many quarterbacks look good when they're standing in clean pockets and don't have to deal with any pressure..lets see how he performs when Mike Pettine and company brig pressure in week one.

9. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Not sold on Miami either (DBs, OL).

That said, the fish just like everyone in the AFC East it seems will bring it with their DL.

#89 joe, Aug 31, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2015
    MiaJets305 likes this.
  10. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

He may have the physical tools but not the mental tools to go along with that so he may as well have neither.

11. 74

74 Well-Known Member

1st... Boy? 2nd, if you had paid attention to what I wrote, then you would remember that I posted a poll (I'm not sure how long ago) that New Yorkers are the rudest people in the USA. That wasn't me saying it, but America.

12. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Call it whatever you want, but I know why I posted that. Should I have posted it? No, maybe not - but the way I look at shit, you don't just tell someone only the good. I was just telling him what he may run into.

13. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Oh really? I never said anything to you. It was you who replied to what I said.

14. DMarsh6

DMarsh6 Active Member

Can we all just wait and see? One game at a time. In 2009, even the most optimistic fan wouldn't have thought we were a half away from going to the SB with a rookie QB and coach. Or what about the Giants in 2011? Or the Ravens in 2012 when Ray Lewis and Suggs were both out? Crazy things happen more than you think

15. Chadchrebet

Chadchrebet Well-Known Member

You're not crazy. we have to go 4-2 in our division, split with the pats and fins, sweep the Bills which i think is doable. Go 3-1 against the AFC south (loss to Colts) then beat Cleveland & Oakland. I see it. Then beat Giants & Skins. thats 11 wins, if you want to put us at 3-3 in our divison and 2-2 against the AFC South, loss to Houston & Colts. That puts us at 9-7.

16. BigSnacks54

BigSnacks54 Well-Known Member

And Fitzpatrick doesn't have the mental or physical tools.

17. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

Everything needs to be kept in context.

The Jets were 8-8 two years ago without Revis, with an awful Cro due to his hip issue and a rookie in Milliner at CB with little secondary depth and with no real WR's (Holmes was awful). That team got to play the NFC South (finesse teams) and won 3 of 4 and played the AFC North (strong defensive teams) and lost 3 of 4, split 3-3 in division and beat the Raiders with geNO as a Rookie.

This year they have Revis back, a healthy Cro, very good depth in the secondary, much better receivers and either a vet in Fitz or a 3rd year guy in GeNO so on paper they're a better team but the division is better as well.

They play the NFC East and AFC South. Arguably they go 4-4 there losing to Dallas, Philadelphia, Indy and Houston (I think 5-3 is possible). Given that they'll need to split the division again and beat either Cleveland or Oakland to just to repeat with an 8-8 record despite being a better overall team. To me the key to the season is beating both Clev and Oak to get to 9-7 assuming everything else pans out. Anything more is gravy and can't be expected.

18. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

will be interesting to see what the Colt run defense looks like this year. if it is what I saw in the championship game last year, their offense will not have a ton of possession time this year. I know the jets will be able to run against that.

19. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

I disagree. prior year's achievements should not factor in a goal for a new, upcoming season. It makes no sense. theres no patter that says you have to improve 2 or 3 games per year. it simply does not work that way. To be dramatic, if the Jets had added aaron Rodgers, JJ Watt and the entire Cowboy O-line this off season, is the goal still 8-8 because we went 4-12 last year?

we have a different coach, different GM and a host of new players we did not have last year. last year's results are completely irrelevant

jdon and Br4d like this.
  20. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Craziness confirmed.