Devin Smith to miss a majority of camp with broken ribs

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, Jul 31, 2015.

1. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

The problem is you actually believe what you're saying. And can't really back it up with anything other than "shut the fuck up". Don't worry, happens a lot on this site.

2. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Except that this proselytizing bore started it. And, his post wasn't just about 'God hates the Jets' but included across-the-board swipes at Jet fans and how they're deserving of any ill luck that should come their way.

And he then crows about gaining solace in fantasy football, and in particular his self-described 'kick ass' fantasy football team?

This is the definition of a fuckwit.

Fuckwit4U2.

Walt White likes this.
  3. Truth4U2

Truth4U2 Well-Known Member

Yeah I shouldn't have suggested that, you're right....please forgive my frustration with this seemingly-cursed franchise. :(

My apologies to the fans on here, the majority of Jets fans are great, loyal fans and deserve a winner.

4. BroadwayAaron

For nothing more than my sheer amusement, can you justify God rewarding cheaters with Super Bowl rings?

5. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

4-6 weeks isn't that long.

Marshall, Decker, Kerley, Amaro and co. should be able to hold the fort while he's out.:)

6. BroadwayAaron

It's more the fact that he's a rookie that is going to miss all of training camp. Adjusting to the NFL speed doesn't just happen overnight. Missing 4-6 weeks certainly doesn't help the process along.

7. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

I understand I do.

It's not ideal but it's not the end of the world. He'll be back soon so he could still help at some point this season.

8. BroadwayAaron

Oh I agree with you, like I said earlier in the thread he's so freakishly fast with such good hands that he's going to have a positive impact just by touching the field. I personally just wanted him to start that transformation process into an all-around NFL WR rather than just a deep threat.

9. NotSatoshiNakamoto

he can still do the mental reps which may be more important at this point. looking forward to seeing him reel in his first deep ball.

10. 74

74 Well-Known Member

The real problem is that you always need to talk down to people and tell them how they should or shouldn't think to compensate for your little dick.

TNJet, IDFjet and NotSatoshiNakamoto like this.
  11. BroadwayAaron

If that makes you feel better about making a dumb statement, sure.

12. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

You're going to have to eat your words. I knew you were wrong when you said it, and he was looking good in camp. I know it even more now. You're wrong.

13. NCJetsfan

No. The only similarities is that they're both WRs, and I guess both black. Smith is a lot faster and he's bigger than Kerley I think.

14. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

I'm still not blaming Geno for a freak injury in a non padded practice, but here's the much requested 'proof' for those who are.

Walt White likes this.
  15. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

Also Kerley is a much better route runner and has better hands.

Nothing would please me more than to eat my words. God I hope I am wrong, but I really do not think so, I firmly believe that most Jet fans are going to be extremely disappointed given where he was drafted.

16. NCJetsfan

I agree that Kerley is a better route runner. He ought to be. He was used more as a complete WR in college and has been in the NFL for 3 years. Smith was only used as a one-trick pony at OSU. As for who has the better hands, that remains to be seen imo. I was a huge fan of Kerley's and wanted the Jets to draft him, but imo he's been a pretty big disappointment the last year or two.

Good on you for wanting to be wrong, and putting what's best for the Jets over your own ego. Kudos! We may be disappointed, but I don't think so. I think his hands are a lot better than you think. He can learn to run routes. On the play he got hurt, he was coming back for the ball. You gotta love that. We haven't seen many Jets receivers do that in years.

17. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

It's nice to finally have a roster where losing our rookie in training camp doesn't leave the position depleted.

FJF likes this.
  18. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Everybody listen up... Normally, we don't allow religion outside of the BS forum because it's a 3rd Rail Topic. Now I'm not gonna be on everybody's ass however, we won't tolerate any disrespect towards any religion for any reason. So, no matter what you may think of the devout folks that post here, refrain from insults or action will be taken. In addition, I ask the devout to keep their religious opinions to themselves or post them in the BS forum in any RELATED thread.

Those are your parameters people. Football threads are for football related discussion only. Anyone violating this will be dealt with. NO further warnings will be given.

Mgmt.

Truth4U2, Axel3419 and Brook! like this.
  19. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

Hope Devin Smith makes a fast recovery. As serious as this injury is, I'm glad it wasn't a concussion as was first reported.

Truth4U2 likes this.
  20. Truth4U2

Truth4U2 Well-Known Member

Good point, clearly He's not a football fan, lol. (despite what Cowboys fans always say, they have an open roof so God can watch His team play) :D