Mets Regular Season thread

Discussion in 'Baseball Forum' started by maynardsmyhero-uk, Apr 9, 2012.

1. NYGalPal

NYGalPal Well-Known Member

I honestly just want someone who going to be able to put the ball in the stand. If it's going to come down to a Ben Revere/Rajai Davis/Venable type player I'd try to take a stab for a Jay Bruce

2. irishwhip03

irishwhip03 Well-Known Member

That sounds like some Boras garbage right there.

Mets are cheap but I dont buy that for a minute.

3. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Wonder what the truth will be when it all comes out, if it comes out at all.

Something happened at the last minute

4. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

I think this report might have some cred. Sandy is always trying to get some kind of an upper hand in a deal. He'd rather do nothing than give up either equal or above value even if it's a pennant race and he needs players. He has shown us that for five years now esp. this year when he waited until late July to do anything. Remember just a week ago we were carrying 5 below .200 hitters (non pitchers) on the roster. While I'm happy about the other two deals he could have mishandled this trade esp if at the last minute he tried to get the Coupons back money. The Gomez contract is not expensive.

5. irishwhip03

Yeah one side will say one thing and the other side will say something else.

Brewers kinda have to go this route cause they obviously still want to trade Gomez.

6. irishwhip03

Thats why I dont buy it. Its not like this is a 20 mil/year guy. A healthy Gomez at that price is a steal.

7. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Sandy wouldn't give any information last night. He acts like he's Mr. Cool. Maybe he just changed his mind and used the meds as an excuse. But if at the last minute he was trying to either pry out a draft pick or extra money it's not the way to do business. He kind of owes us an explanation. But you know we're not going to get anything from him.

irishwhip03 likes this.
  8. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

The Tigers are selling. They just dealt Price to the Jays. No games Sandy. Set your price and stick with it. Don't make a deal and then at the last minute try to sweeten it. You're not going to out maneuver Dombroski. Like Melvin he'll tell you to stick it. Just get us a bat so that we can compete.

9. NYGalPal

Yep, I think it's time to worry about Parnell. Damn grand slam and they are back in it. The Jays are going all in as a .500 club. Wow

#2549 NYGalPal, Jul 30, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2015
  10. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

It could be via Boras. But all he said was that Gomez didn't have a hip injury. As for his relationship with Sandy hard to say. I do remember in the past and during Sandy's reign as GM Boras basically saying the Mets org was a joke and cheapskates. Can't argue with him on that one.

#2550 pclfan, Jul 30, 2015
  11. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

I think the deal was done but when the Met docs saw Gomez's medical report, they kiboshed the deal. I think they are very skittish when it comes to injuries.

I don't think it had anything to do with $$ or an attempt to get more value.

_

Walt White likes this.
  12. irishwhip03

13. NYGalPal

Wow... If they lose the last 2 games before the Nationals series it was be a disaster. Becoming disillusioned with Familia. How does this happen? Problem with the tarp. The field is drenched. How they gonna play on that now?

#2553 NYGalPal, Jul 30, 2015
  14. irishwhip03

So who's got the movie rights for the last 2 days?

I mean you really cant make this stuff up.

And there's no way this game is starting up again so wtf is gonna happen with that?

15. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

They should have just finished the game with one out to go. Bizarre night yesterday and crazy today, too.

16. irishwhip03

IDK how you bring back Familia after that delay either. Relievers should not come back in that situation. Easy to blame TC now but wow I just need a break from this team. Holy shit lol.

17. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

What a fucking asshole.... it's not just Mejia. How about that asshole Parnell? Not for anything but did this dumb fuck ump look at the radar? How does he start the game back up when there was another massive cell right behind it? He should have either called the game or left the tarp on the field the 1st time. I knew as soon as Norris hit that weak fucking bloop Familia was going to blow the save.

18. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

I need to look at some Jets Camp stuff at this point...Time Out!! OMG

Man..whew...

19. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Nelson Figueroa said he thinks allowing Familia to pitch after a 44 min rain delay was ok. He had a strike on the batter and 2 outs. When Upton hit the HR it was pouring.

#2559 pclfan, Jul 30, 2015
  20. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

That's what I'm saying or don't bring them back out until the rain is done, it really fucks things up if they don't finish this game. The Padres would have to fly from San Diego all the way to New York to play half an inning as they don't come back East this year, correction. They come back East to play the Nationals but the Mets will be in Philadelphia when they have an open date on Augsut 24.