17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. NYJA15

NYJA15 Member

My vision is pretty good lol. I think I am around the 15 yard line, Row 3. I am sure the UD Prime rows were a hot ticket when they first moved to Metlife, but there were a decent amount of UD Prime rows ST to choose from this year.

2. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

that damn upper deck is really high. i know looking up from the mezz it seems like they are a mile away in the upper deck. the mezz is also pushed back much further than it was and although there are very nice amenities i want my 75 dollar fucking tickets back, mother fucking cocksucking piece of shit woody johnson.

3. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Yeah it sucks, and you can't repeat this enough but the design process for the new stadium was to figure out how many luxury clubs and suites they could cram in and the regular seats were a complete and total afterthought. They didn't bother considering a direct escalator to the upper deck or easy ways to get up there, so it's a massive clusterfuck to navigate the maze of disjointed ramps and stairs. And for some unfathomable reason, come genius architect made the decision that "overhangs = bad", so what you have is these huge setbacks for each deck and you get further and further away from the field horizontally ON top of how much further up vertically the place is.

Overhangs are good, they provide cover and being fans closer to the field. The clubs & suites are cocaine revenue but all the regular seats are their bread and butter revenue and the heart of their business. Totally ignored

Brook! and alleycat9 like this.
  4. Section316

Section316 Active Member

I have fine vision and I agree with you about the view. I have no complaints about the view from up there, and to be honest, prefer height when watching any sport live. The problem to me with the height is that the seats feel so far removed from the action that the atmosphere up there is barely worth the entire day's worth of money and time it costs to attend. There's no connection to the play on the field from the 300 level crowd because you may as well be watching the game from a helicopter.

To sit somewhere with a decent atmosphere you have to be in the lower or mezz EZ, and I don't really think that the views from there are very good. The seats that used to be a good enough combination of both view of the field and atmosphere of the crowd are replaced by the clubs now.

5. Section316

Section316 Active Member

Not just a lack of overhangs (which is a huge point) but the fact that all suites and clubs are along the sidelines pushes everything further away from the field, except for endzone seats. If they had say 2 or 3 360 degree levels of suites and clubs instead of a stack of 5 on each sideline of the stadium, everything would be lower and closer to the field. When the stadium is this tall, you can't overhang it any more than it already is (or isn't) or parts of the near side of the field would become obstructed.

6. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Ding Ding Ding ! Johnny tell the man what he has won ! 316 this is a walk off home run

7. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

When I first sat in the Met life UD it was shocking how much further it was then my older seats. But that was 4-5 years ago, I don't remember how it looked in the old place anymore. I am used to sitting in the current UD. At least the seats are bigger and there is more room.... not At least the new escalators going to the UD are faster...... N/A. Ramps to the upper deck are wider.... N/A . That's for you CBG.

I already posted many times how much better it is getting in and out of the new place. Also, I like the ying n yang of going to a home game and then blobbing on the couch the next week. Don't enjoy doing either every week. Give me a better product is all I want. Don't like 60% of the people that populate the place especially the fans of other teams. Bears game was impossible. Thanks Woody for losing the CBG's of the world douche. Never to be replaced.

CBG and alleycat9 like this.
  8. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Hi sec314

Was that a shot to CBG? I don't think it is fair. He has his reasons to dump his season tix and you have your own to keep yours. I am(was) on your camp. My plan was to hop on the season ticket holder list but looks like my company is trying to move me out of USA so I will wait and see.

And if I somehow misunderstood your sentence, I apologize.

9. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

im pretty sure he was saying that woody drove away great fans like cbg because of his short sightedness and lack in interest in the regular old fan.

CBG and Brook! like this.
  10. Brook!

My bad then :). Thanks alleycat

alleycat9 likes this.
  11. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Just back from AC for the week, can I take a shot at the Blackjack dealers? Of course that was a shot at Woody for losing the long time hard core fans such as CBG

Brook! likes this.
  12. 309'em

309'em Member

Posted my preseason tickets at face value on the Ticketmaster exchange Friday night and both games sold over the weekend (second year in a row they both sold)...totally bizarre to me. Section 338, Row 1.

13. Brook!

Well, when you have 50 yard line row 1 seats, they will sell quick of course. :) Good seats. Enjoy.

14. GordonGecko

Stubhub 10% off code on any NFL tickets until 7/31 :
    NFL10

one time use only

max likes this.
  15. NYJA15

NYJA15 Member

Has anyone sold tickets on this board for games that they could not attend? If so, how did you deliver the tickets/payment. Thanks!

16. max

max Active Member

Those season tickets be comin' any day now . . . Or I guess season plastic cards be comin' . . .

17. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Got my package. Real high quality gift that came with it that can surely be used for tailgate. The one sent is bigger then this but you get the idea Well done Jets. Now win u SOB's

[​IMG]

GordonGecko and seanofthedead like this.
  18. JetsSec337Lot13B

I liked the beer koozie included as well. Things I can actually use.

19. bbombers1985

bbombers1985 Active Member

20. GordonGecko

"
    CONS
    • Bottom gets soaked
    • LEAKS
    • Low Quality Material
    Comments about Coleman New York Jets 24-Can Cooler:

I'm hoping I just got a defective one, but bottom of cooler was soaking wet on outside after about 7 hours. Then tipping cooler on front side (with zipper closed) and water just flowed out of cooler. Inside insulation sticks out where it makes it very difficult to zipper without getting caught on insulation.

BOTTOM LINE No, I would not recommend this to a friend
    "