Mets Regular Season thread

Discussion in 'Baseball Forum' started by maynardsmyhero-uk, Apr 9, 2012.

1. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Holy shit they screw up a squeeze play.

_

2. JStokes

Oh wow are they BOTH out?

_

3. irishwhip03

irishwhip03 Well-Known Member

This offense is priceless

4. JStokes

I can't watch this shit anymore.

Colon throws a gem and he gets zero support.

Geezuz.

_

5. NYGalPal

NYGalPal Well-Known Member

Am I watching a Major League game? What a bunch of bone heads.
    @Dodgers @ Giants vs D-Backs @ Cardinals @ Nationals :eek:

#1965 NYGalPal, Jul 1, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2015
  6. irishwhip03

Absolute joke of a game

NYGalPal likes this.
  7. irishwhip03

And Flores most likely costs us another one.

8. NYGalPal

NYGalPal Well-Known Member

I think we all felt pretty confident that the Cubs would score as soon as we saw Carlos Torres . When Mejia comes back Carlos Torres should be gone.

9. JStokes

One of the worst played games I've seen in recent memory.

And of course Torres walks the first batter he sees.

This is brutal.

_

10. JStokes

Games like this get managers fired.

_

11. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Lucas Duda is the second Mets 1st baseman in a row who all of a sudden forgot how to hit after a 30 Hr season. I'd say to bench him but they have nobody to replace him with. This team is totally out of sync offensively.

NYGalPal likes this.
  12. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Most of the attacks and the hatred have been (rightfully) pointed towards the Wilpons. But the Mets payroll although one of the lowest is still at over 100 mil. Which is enough money to build a better and more balanced team than this. The time to do it was in the off season: I watched some of the Winter meetings coverage on MLB and there were tons of trades going on and players available but Sandy did nothing. They signed two free agents and no trades (until just before the season-and for 2 relief pitchers). Other teams see the light and go outside the org to fill holes. You don't have to give out Pujols type of contracts. I still feel that it isn't too late. But at this juncture and if the Mets go into a long losing streak they have basically given up on the season.

13. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

It's tough losing a series to the Cubs like this.

Losing Wright, and the d'ARNAUD, Murphy injuries has hurt Sandy.

The juggling of guys in the Infield, who are playing key defensive positions essentially out of position, to squeeze out some offense, is not working.

Sandy needs to define his roster better in the future.....

He does deserve some criticism. The Coupons and the Front Office need to do better.

But it would never surprise if the Coupons never do anything but try to squeeze out every dimes worth of the Pitching Staff at the sake of the fans and the players themselves

14. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Actually before the Madoff situation the Wilpons did spend money. Mostly like Bonilla, bad contracts, too. There are no ready to go bats in the Mets organization. They have a few good prospects but they are a year or more away. And this is not the kind of situation you'd want to bring them into. You have to go outside the org and it's possible. Guys like Prado, etc. even if you don't get the best deal. If you wait forever you get nothing. To me Sandy is accountable if they fall out of the race because of no hitting. He predicted 90 Ws.

15. Walt White

Sandy's been making predictions for a few years now. Up until this year I thought it was BS and he was lying for the Coupons.
    And the Coupons rely on this gimmicky type bs to attract fans.
    I don't believe they've been forthcoming to the fans. So people get mad at the Coupons and this Dream Team Front Office.

The Coupons have to make a call here. Are they gonna spend to get better? Or not? What are are they gonna do, wait a year to see improvement then invest in players?

16. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

I don't think right now you'd have to spend that much. You swap Niese's contract for a similar contract. Or just make a smaller deal for a .250 hitter. But a guy who has MLB at bats with some success. And send Campbell and some of these other guys back where they belong: they're minor leaguers. You just can't go into games with so many sure outs. And this has been going on for years now under Sandy. I never thought I'd miss Omar but he was much better than this guy.

17. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Kinda hard when 6 or more spots in the lineup need to be replaced. I see no reason that Conforto, Nimmo and Reynolds aren't already up here. At least if they suck there is hope of something better.

Also D'Arnaud needs to be moved from catcher immediately.

18. Walt White

Well, here we go...It's tough watching losses pile up like this in this way. Shoddy defense and zero Offense... and your pitching is killin' it

If the Fukn Coupons want the fans to come out they have got to do better. Watching losses like these when the team is close really sucks

I feel bad for Terry actually. He's worked hard at this and been under manned all along

19. JStokes

Not sure I agree and move him to where?

I'm not sure he's injury prone or that injuries just seem to follow him around but the most games his missed this year is because of the broken hand from getting hit by s pitch as a batter.

Could have happened to anyone.

Having a solid hitting catcher is a huge advantage (assuming you have a typical lineup).

I cant see him in the OF and if Wright ever makes it back we have logjams in the IF.

_

20. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Personally I'd like to see him at 2nd. Obviously nothing you can do about a fastball hitting him in the wrist but like you said injuries seem to follow him which will only be worse behind the plate.

The entire infield needs to be replaced with not much other than maybe Reynolds on the horizon. I think Plaweki can develop into a quality bat behind the plate and D'Arnaud is too valuable to be constantly banged up at catcher.