Hard Knocks 2015

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Big Cat, May 22, 2015.

1. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

CBSSports is reporting that the Bills, Redskins and Texans are the finalists for the show this summer.

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/dgH6b

Please give me the Bills. QB competition, Rex, McCoy, Harvin, Watkins in practices, great defense. This would be by far the most fun the show has been since we did it, and it would beat the HELL out of the Falcons last year.

alleycat9 and NYJalltheway like this.
  2. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Definitely interested to see the Texans or Bills.

The entertainment factor the Bills offer must have them leading the pack.

3. Faux machine

Faux machine Well-Known Member

Texans or racists. I'm not gonna watch anything bills related.

TNJet likes this.
  4. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

It'll just be a mirrored image of when we did it. I would like the Texans to do it. I believe first year coaches have the option of declining it though

5. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

I want to see the Texans because we might get more of an insight as to how our GM runs things. Mac so far is doing a great job.

6. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

I've been meaning to watch the falcons hard knocks from last year. How is it compared to other seasons?

I'd like to see the Bills get it too.

7. Pocket Jet

Pocket Jet Well-Known Member

Oh yes, for sure. Rex can make an asshole out of himself again and again. Perhaps even exceed his foolishness from his first appearance.

8. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

That would be fun. To laugh at him and not with him.

9. irishwhip03

irishwhip03 Well-Known Member

You know Rex is gonna talk some junk on us during it if its the Bills. I imagine it will be them. Their owners seem to be embracing the Rex-factor the way we did in 09.

Skins and Texans wouldn't hold the same juice.

10. irishwhip03

Did you not love him when we did Hard Knocks? I guess you're part of the 1 percent cause most Jet fans ate it up at the time.

11. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Everyone did, but it got old once he started losing, and let's be honest. Even in the two afc years, he had major issues during the season.

12. irishwhip03

He got a lot of blame that wasnt necessary though. Wasnt his fault that Sanchez couldn't develop and most of the offense was inept. Yeah I know the head coach is responsible for the offense too but nobody is going to blame Rex is Buffalo if Tyrod Taylor is starting Week 1 and Buffalo is losing games 10-6.

Everyone seems to love Mikey Mac right now. But what happens if Marshall blows this year and Leonard Williams doesnt live up to the hype. Is the fanbase going to turn on him as quick as they turned on Rex? Faster?

The fanbase outcries are one reason why we'll never win on a consistent basis.

13. Pocket Jet

Pocket Jet Well-Known Member

No I did not - I thought he was the ultimate embarrassment. Every other word out of his mouth was Fuck this and Fuck that and it was so evident that he was acting out in front of the cameras. In all honesty, he made an immediate poor impression in my mind. I am not naïve, I understand what NFL players and coaches say on the field and in locker rooms, but he came across as a complete fool on National TV.

As far as the 1% you speak of - I don't mind being part of that at all. But I would wager to think that many changed their opinion when they saw how inept he still was at the many facets of being a head coach 5 years later.

14. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

All 3 have a few interesting story lines going in.....

Washington = Is RG3 ever going to be the same player or just the same diva? Is Synder the worst owner in the NFL? Coach Gruden's personality could help bring some life back to the coaching staff subplots.
    Texans = New coach, Clowney's disappointing rookie year/injuries, JJ Watt and Arian Foster = big and somewhat off beat personalities.
    Bills = New coach who isn't afraid of press conferences, rising star receiver, a 16 year playoff appearance drought?........

15. cgrec

cgrec Well-Known Member

Texans it is

16. max

max Active Member

Wouldn't be surprised if rex asked to not be on the show just as the browns had. Though he's showing the same old bluster, I think rex was somewhat humbled by how his time in new york ended and I think he's a better coach for it (Not good for the Jets).

I think he now knows he can get his team motivated without the spotlight essentially being on them. This is also more realistic being upstate.

On another note, I think the Texans will be better for TV than the Falcons, Dolphins and Bengals were.

17. joe

joe Well-Known Member

The Falcons and Bengals would've been a snooze fest. But with Suh joining the fish, I thought they might've been worth a look (as well as seeing how a division rival's progressing).

18. max

max Active Member

The Falcons, Bengals and Fins had been on the past 3 years and they were boring.

Those teams would have no longer been forced under the new hard knocks criteria

----------

3 criteria: (only one has to be met)

Been to the playoffs within the past 2 years

New Head Coach (*new to the league as a head coach)

On Hard Knocks Previously

-----------

So the only teams that could be forced this year to been on the show were :

The Giants, Bills, Redskins, Browns, Texans, Jaguars, Titans, Vikings, Buccaneers and Rams

Personally, I think the browns, bucs or bills would have been the best choices.

19. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I wish it was the Bills but Texans will do.

NYJalltheway likes this.
  20. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Its awful don't even bother,very boring id rate it a 2 out of a 10