What real scouts are saying about the prospects...

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Truth4U2, Apr 19, 2015.

1. BonScott

BonScott Active Member

Am I in the draft forum?? lol

2. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Yes.

Now go say 2 Our Father's and 3 Hail Mary's.

_

3. JStokes

Mel Kiper publishes one of his draft guides in Aramaic.

_

4. Truth4U2

Truth4U2 Well-Known Member

I am humble about this. I am simply saying that the sum total of hundreds of eye-witness accounts (which hold up in court even today, btw), history recorded in the Bible and elsewhere and acknowledged by billions of people worldwide, the work of scholars over the centuries, other events, etc.....all of this is why billions of people worldwide share the same worldview that I do. So all of that together hardly constitutes "opinion", but it is also no reason for myself or anyone else to claim some any kind of authorship, so I am humble in saying that I did not come up with any of this myself. Just as I can't claim authorship on anything I learned in school. I agree, it's second-hand knowledge, but that doesn't make it any less true.

5. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

It's funny... On Tapa, this thread Shows "What real scouts are saying..." Right above a picture of gassed up pothead.
    Very telling :)

6. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Eyewitnesses don't hold up in court until they've been cross examined so sell that to somebody else. Look, you can believe in whatever you want, you can have the same worldview or opinion as millions of others, you can even have faith that your beliefs are true but to believe that makes them true and that they should be meaningful to anyone else is the farthest thing from being humble.

7. Charlie Kelly

Charlie Kelly Well-Known Member

What about the eyewitness accounts that were discarded from the book by people that wanted to streamline the way the church wanted to control their sheep? There are a possible 50 books that were thrown away in order to complete the canon, there are plenty of eyewitness accounts I don't think you even bother to understand

8. JStokes

Not everything we learn we learn in school.

Or from experts.

There's this phenomenon know as the human power of observation.

I didn't learn in school or from an expert that that woman I met in school would steal my heart, or the the stove was hot, or that driving fast was fun but dangerous, or that I shouldn't murder people, or that one college Quarterback is much better than another college Quarterback.

I observed those things. I experienced those things.

It's not chemistry or biology or statistics or philosophy or theology or Sanskrit or the history of military tactics from the Boer War.

There are things you can not learn without being taught them first. Things we learn in school, or from reading, or from experts.

There are things we learn simply from observing and forming our own judgements. That don't NEED to be learned from school or reading or experts.

Observe college players and form your own opinion. It's not rocket science.

Coming here and telling us player A is a bust or you wouldn't take player B until round 2 because of what you READ, without ever having seen the players play, is so shallow and weak and speaks to your inability to form your own opinions and that you are merely a sheep following the flock.

_

xxedge72x likes this.
  9. JStokes

Great thread though.

_