Mets Regular Season thread

Discussion in 'Baseball Forum' started by maynardsmyhero-uk, Apr 9, 2012.

1. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Do any of these punk ass Yankee pitcher put their hat on straight? Is CC in 5th grade?

_

2. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Yes they did. Originally (waaaay before my time) the Bklyn Dodgers had Schaefer, the Yankees Ballentine and the Giants Rheingold. When the Mets moved into the Polo Grounds they had Rheingold and after the Yankees parted ways with Ballentine they went with Schaefer. Later the Mets were sponsored by Schaefer.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Walt White likes this.
  3. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Cool. I had family that were Giants fans. It annoyed the shit out of me that the Coupons didn't acknowledge the Giants too. They barely acknowledged the Mets with their Brooklyn Dodger stuff...

4. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Stop.

Your Meties are winning comfortably - no need to pile on about 'proper baseball attire' especially considering those softball jersey getups the Amazin's are sporting. ;)

5. joe

joe Well-Known Member

My parents were big Giants fans and remained so even after they left NY. As far as we kids were concerned the Giants were some team who abandoned NY for Cali and were yerterday's news and we were all Yankee fans (having grown up in Westchester).

6. Walt White

I grew up in the Bx and went to a lot of Yankee games, my father was Yanks fan. But I gravitated towards the Mets as I got older.
    My uncle was from Washington Heights, loved the Giants and hated the Yanks...he had some influence on me too.
    If I had a choice I woulda much preferred the Giants had stayed and to hell with the Dodgers. Eff the Brooklyn Dodgers :D

joe likes this.
  7. JStokes

Has nothing to do with Mets Yankees or the Bad News Bears.

I HATE the half cocked hat. If it were David Wright I'd be saying the exact same thing.

I told my kids it reflected on their IQ the degree of hat cockedness they word it, every degree was a 10 point drop.

I gave my kids "hat detention" if they wore it anything past straight forward.

Two weeks no hat.

True story.

_

joe likes this.
  8. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

Haha I know a good therapist for when your kids need one later in life.

9. HAYN

HAYN Well-Known Member

Cmon say it you know you wanna.

10. JStokes

Oh they get the reason for the force ranking. They've accepted it.

They've been through much much worse in their lives.

_

11. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Kind of opposite of my grandmother who grew up in Borough Park and was a huge Dodger fan, when they left she was like fuck them and fuck the Yankees. She waited until the Mets came around to start watching baseball again. She told me when I was a kid that I don't have to root for the Mets but if I rooted for the Yankees she'd have me killed. This woman took her baseball seriously....lol.

I'm glad the Mets won the series in 86 before she passed only about 2 years later. She died just a few weeks after the Dodgers won in 88. I think that's what killed her, not only losing in 88 but in the NLCS to the Dodgers.

12. lagogo

lagogo New Member

Big fan.

13. JStokes

Is anyone arranging bail for NYGalPal?

_

14. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Killed you while you were still in short pants? Haha, now that's a bseball fan. On the homefront here growing up, while my folks were 'Jints' (one syllable please) fans who did not like the the Yankees and especially the Dodgers, my dad's anti-Yankee bias carried some National League "Senior Circuit" cheuvinism as well. Walking in on us watching a Yankee game he'd invariably deadpan: "oh?…watching the minors?…..what's happening in the majors today?"

Mom kinda softened on the Yanks with the Torre, Jeter '98 edition 'cause she liked their non-Bronx Zoo vibe and their don't-stand-there-at-home-plate-admiring-your-home-run-a-la-that-clown-Reggie, as well as their likeable guys like Bernie and Brosius, etc. For amusement she even started accompanying my older sisters when they would go to Gate of Heaven Cemetary here in Westchester to put lucky keepsakes on Babe Ruth and Lou Gehrig's gravestone whenever a crucial playoff game was coming up (along with a number of other knuckleheads, some of who would leave hotdogs or the odd can of beer for the Bambino).

Back to the Mets: about Lindsey Nelson's jackets……..and oh, what Met fan could forget Ralph Kinner on Kinner's Korner practically hitting on Lenny Dysktra's "very attractive" mom? Ralph!…down boy!…… :D

Walt White likes this.
  15. Walt White

Yeah, Reggie was such a turn off for me. Loved Billy Martin tho. I loved it when Billy went after Reggie. Actually rooted for the Dodgers in '81 'cause I couldn't take the zoo any more. I became a full fledged Met fan at that point. I've very much softened on the Yanks now myself.

Extra innings AND Kiners Korner...Heaven. Bob Murphy was the best.

The old man had Jints and Jets season tickets. I don't think you see 'Jints' used anymore. Especially with the innernet and decline of the tabloid newspaper. I haven't looked at a tabloid for 10 years at least now.

joe likes this.
  16. JStokes

My favorite was when Ralph would interview a multimillionaire like Frank Cashen or Darryl Strawberry and at the end of the interview he'd say "and for appearing on Kiner's Korner Darryl will be given an ARMITRON WATCH!!"

Literally a $19 watch that these guys wouldn't even sneeze at.

_

17. JStokes

I hope NYGalPal is ok.

Pretty clear she should not have worn her Met gear yesterday.

Her silence is omnibus.

_

18. Walt White

Maybe she got drunk and kicked the shit out of a Yankee fan and is in jail.

:D

19. JStokes

Yeah she doesn't sound like a girly girl.

I hope they have ESPN for her tonite in the holding cell.

_