Jace Amaro said Jets lacked Accountability last year. Rex responds

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Dom, Apr 15, 2015.

1. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

I just said it before but I'll say it again, The Bills are going to get smacked in the mouth by a more composed/disciplined team in the New York Jets this year. Fuck them, I almost would rather sweep them over the Dolphins. ALMOST.

2. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Rex is inheriting a damned good team and he will be extremely hard to score on defensively. QB for them is a big question mark as it is for us. I would not ever underestimate his ability to field an extremely competitive team with so much talent. He will be a formidable opponent, but he is still a big mouth blow hard and should be the last to criticize a rookie for something that he does day in and day out at the detriment of his team. Lead by example I say.

Having said that, I am hopeful he can move forward and show what he can do with a good team, grow from it and not and stop blaming everyone else for his failures with the Jets as he was not the man in charge. Was he not the one that push hard and force to overreach for Wilson, Sanchez and Coples with so many other talented players still available. The fact of the matter is that as a HC he left a lot to be desired with his excessive reliance on the vets, serious lack of accountability and poor preparation particularly after a buy, not to mention a dismal command of time outs and consistent lack of discipline with 12 man on the field and the like.

He has been a HC for a few years now and he should know better how to deal with the press. If he needs to continue with this tirade of BS over a general comment made by a rookie, going on four interviews now, is a clear indication that Amaro has struck a nerve.

If his acumen with QB development and game adjustments is the same as it was for us and he does not accept his shortcomings he will continue to be outplayed by all the best coaches who know how to change schemes on the fly.

Hopefully we will be one of those teams, and Amaro under Bowles will become more focused on the field performance and less on his mouth.

3. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Lol.... It's gettin' to that point for me too....Pats also...I almost want to see Miami and NE beat him down....well almost.

4. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Are you serious? Were you not watching then? It was widely known he was injured down the stretch and what we all suspected was confirmed after the season. His last 5 games he was a shell of himself.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/17/sports/football/17favre.html

Jets Still Paying Price for Favre and Mangin

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. — Eric Mangini and Brett Favre cost the Jetsagain Wednesday. But this time, instead of contributing to a late-season collapse, Favre’s injury last season — and the team’s failure to properly disclose it — carried a $125,000 price tag.

N.F.L. appeared to make an example of the Jets, fining the team $75,000 and docking General Manager Mike Tannenbaum and Mangini, now coach of the Cleveland Browns, $25,000 each.

“We have been fully cooperative with the league throughout this investigation and respect their decision,” the team said in a statement.

And with that, the Jets’ grand Favre experiment took another strange turn, even though Favre retired (again) at the end of last season, came out of retirement (again) in August and now plays for the Minnesota Vikings.

Favre and the Jets had seemed like the perfect marriage through the first 11 games last season. Mangini gave his infant son the middle name Brett, and Favre led the Jets back into relevance, capped by an 8-3 record and legitimate Super Bowl aspirations.

Somewhere along the line, Favre tore the biceps tendon in his right arm. The Jets knew this because it was confirmed by a magnetic resonance imaging test. But because Favre did not require treatment, they chose not to list him on their injury report, in clear violation of league rules. The N.F.L. knew this because Favre has repeatedly said since leaving the Jets that he played the end of the season — a stretch when the Jets lost four of their final five games — in severe pain.

Teams regularly attempt to circumvent the N.F.L.’s rules regarding the reporting of injuries each week. Few coaches are more tight lipped about injuries than Mangini, who guards that information as if his win-loss record depends on it.

In most cases, proving a team knew about an injury and failed to disclose it can be difficult. In this case, Favre had confirmed the Jets’ noncompliance, most likely in an effort to explain why he played so poorly down the stretch. Even at the end of last season, Favre told reporters he had played in December while injured. When he brought it up again after arriving in Minnesota, the league acted swiftly.

The N.F.L. responded with a heavier fine than the Jets expected. Surely, teams around the league took notice.

Last week, Tannenbaum said the Jets should have listed Favre as “probable” last December. Tannenbaum shouldered full responsibility for the team’s failure to do so, while Mangini, in typical form, told reporters little, except that he had complied.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4239344

Brett Favre's determination to play quarterback this season for the Minnesota Vikings prompted him to undergo arthroscopic surgery to repair his injured passing shoulder recently, according to two sources. However, Favre remains unable to make a commitment because subsequent throwing sessions indicate the shoulder is not yet 100 percent.

While Favre has now clearly demonstrated his interest in coming out of
    retirement for a 19th season in the NFL, it seems equally obvious that he will not
    do so unless convinced he has recovered fully from the torn biceps tendon
    that undermined him last year with the New York Jets.

Favre began considering options to repair the shoulder last month when he sought
    advice from acclaimed orthopedic surgeon Dr. James Andrews. Favre and Andrews
    discussed surgical and non-surgical options. When cortisone injections and
    exercise therapies that included weight lifting failed to release the damaged
    tendon naturally, Favre consented to the arthroscopic surgery.

Favre has thrown on a limited basis since the surgery, which occurred last month, but has not felt close to "100 percent" and would not come back unless he makes significant progress, sources said.

Favre's agent, Bus Cook, would not confirm or deny the surgery, saying "That's a confidential client privilege."

Other sources say they believe Favre's ultimate recovery makes him a certainty to play for the Vikings, but the team will wrap up their organized team activities (OTAs) with four practices, Tuesday through Friday. The team also has two OTA dates remaining for the following week, but coach Brad Childress has traditionally canceled those as a reward for his players' hard work.

The Vikings report to training camp at the end of July and could agree to a contract if Favre's recovery accelerates to the point where both the quarterback and the team are comfortable with his return for the 2009 season, sources said. Favre's motivation to un-retire again is based on his desire to keep playing and the fact that he perceives the Vikings as a Super Bowl contender that runs "his offense," virtually identical to what he directed for 16 years in Green Bay, the sources contend.

Vikings sources declined to comment. Childress reiterated last week that Favre "is retired" but refused to set a deadline on any potential decision.

Cook also reiterated this weekend, "As far as I know, Brett is still retired and reserves the right to change his mind."

Favre's determination to play can be measured by his willingness to undergo arthroscopic surgery by Andrews, inasmuch sources said the quarterback wanted to avoid any procedure. Favre suffered the injury during the final stretch of his one season with the New York Jets in 2008
    . The Jets released him upon his request shortly after the April 25-26 draft, making him an unrestricted free agent. Favre already had said he was going to retire again, citing the injury as a major factor.

ESPN reported on May 14 that Favre had consulted with Andrews regarding his arm and the surgical and non-surgical options. The St. Paul Pioneer Press reported on May 18 that Favre was having surgery by Andrews that week; a source told ESPN that no surgery was scheduled. The specific date of Favre's recent surgery is unknown, except that it occurred last month.

_

5. JStokes

He had surgery to repair it. He was injured, not just hurt. The Jets never announced it and we're fine $125,000 for it. But if you watched him play he was a shell of himself those last 5 games.

_

#265 JStokes, Apr 18, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2015
  6. JStokes

Nobody was excusing it, but ignoring it isn't reality.

He should have sat those last 5 games. That was his selfishness. But to deny he wasn't the same QB those last 5 games is just denying reality.

_

7. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

The only question I have is the severity of the injury. And was he really unable to adequately start down the stretch in 2008. Tannenbaum also said he was ok to play and was able to make the throws. Brett never really wanted to play for the Jets. He wasn't allowed to go to the Vikings because GB wouldn't let him.

8. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

He was OK to play just not well.

9. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

was that the original or the interview he did with that broad on wfan this morning. she actually did a pretty good job getting him to open up a little bit. it was almost painful to listen to him. with his passive aggressive threats toward the player.

just a complete tool, i can see how every other teams fans just fucking hated him. and he is just continuing to make me happy he is gone.

10. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

ROTFLAMO

He had a torn tendon in his throwing arm. If you learned tomorrow that Tom Brady tore a tendon in his throwing arm during today's practice, you'd be doing backflips and having lengthy discussions about the Patriots backup QB situation. Of course it affected Favre's ability to play.

11. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

Well don't get me wrong, I'd rather the Bills beat both of those teams regardless of any outside circumstance, but us beating the Bills this year might actually take priority over beating the Fins and Pats, at least personally.

12. bartscott

bartscott Well-Known Member

And that is why Rex will never be a good coach. He's not smart. Why rile up a team and a TE that you to play twice every year?

Making veiled threats about how a player needs to "watch is back?" He's a fucking clown

How can Rex lovers continue to defend this guy? To losses in the AFC championship games and then four seasons of shitty, undisciplined football where they never sniffed the playoffs?

The San Diego and NE playoff games were great moments. But that was a long time ago.

rohirrim665 likes this.
  13. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I prefer to think that I'm a rich model in my 20's but it doesn't make it true.

14. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

I really have some doubts about it. If true then why didn't they put him on IR. They had MRIs etc in 2008. I can't see the Jets forcing a guy to play with an injury like that. Or Favre playing with it. He was a HOF vet and wasn't going to be talked into doing anything he didn't want to do. He had no allegiance to the Jets. He basically used them to eventually go to Minnesota.

15. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Similar to Manning the last third of this past season.

16. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Because Favre wanted to maintain his consecutive start streak.

17. JStokes

Whether he wanted to play for the Jets is irrelevant.

Whether this was a temporary spot to get out of GB and get to Minny is irrelevant.

The discussion was about him being injured and how it impacted us down the stretch.

Before he was injured we were arguably the best team in the AFC and Jet nation had big plans.

He tore his bicep tendon, could no longer throw and we were effectively done.

Favre haters are forgetting that.

But that's reality.

_

18. JStokes

Exactly. How is anybody forgetting that? Unless you are purposefully choosing to ignore it but it was a HUGE issue. We were all calling for Clemens when it was clear Favre was injured.

_

19. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

farve is MORE of an asshole because he was injured and continued to play. he was a greedy fuck who only cared about himself and not about the team.

had he not gotten injured the team would have had a very good chance, but since he DID get injured and kept playing like a fucking tool he completely fucked the team. yes i am confident that clemens or whoever the fuck it was behind him wouldnt get it done but he would have had a better chance than that douchebag.

rohirrim665 and RuJFan like this.
  20. JStokes

Exactly.

_