kevin white or amari cooper

Discussion in 'Draft' started by jerseyjay14, Mar 11, 2015.

1. b.reyes16

b.reyes16 Well-Known Member

While I'd typically agree with taking the sure thing, I don't think White is far off. Hard to compare him to those other guys. White has the production and tape to back up the athleticism. He reminds me much more of Julio Jones than he does of Stephen Hill. He actually might be a bit more polished than Jones was tbh.

AlmostNamedMyDogRevis likes this.
  2. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Well, you know Oakland will take one of them so the conversation here should just be about the other..j/k

3. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Cooper.

I always stray away from one year wonders and combine elites. I'm not saying White wont be a good one, I'm just saying I will take the proven collegiate player, with tons of consistent production, with a shitty QB throwing to him, who also happens to be the better route runner, better hands, and garners more separation than the latter.

Easily, Cooper.

Dom, TNJet, Ubiquitous and 4 others like this.
  4. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Phillip Dorsett just ran a 4.25 at his pro day.

Not sure he slips to the top of the second round but that's a blistering time.

_

5. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

Dorsett would be a dream come true in the second, but I think he is running his way into the first. Also he apparently is seeking advice from Santana Moss and Andre Johnson on how to prepare for the NFL. Kids seems to have a good head on his shoulders. He would be a great fit for this particular Jets team; a guy who could blow the top off a defense and allow Decker/Marshall/Kerley/Amaro to get open underneath.

As far as White and Cooper go, I am convinced that both will be stud WRs in the NFL. It truely reminds me of AJ Green and Julio Jones.

b.reyes16 likes this.
  6. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

I'd take Cooper. If he falls to 6 and Mac selects him I think it's a great pick. If it's between Cooper and Mariota (and we can't trade down) I'd have no problem with either guy. You'd have to favor Mariota but if Mac doesn't believe in him and chooses Cooper ok with me.

7. AlmostNamedMyDogRevis

AlmostNamedMyDogRevis Active Member

I would take Cooper in a heartbeat. White looks good as well but Cooper looks more developed, I could see him being a top 10, top 5 receiver not necessarily as a rookie but for several years in a row after.

8. Don

why is it would you suppose that White only has one single visit scheduled, with the Titans? Is there something everything but us fans know?

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 9m9 minutes ago
    West Virginia WR Kevin White has 1 visit scheduled: With the #Titans. That’s it. Maybe the top pass-catcher in the draft is a clean prospect

9. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Maybe, he's a good looking player. There's a lot of good looking WR's tho. But if he goes up somebody like Perriman maybe drops a little. He ran a 4.2 something 40 himself and is a one big dude. If we go QB/OLB in rd 1 There's still gonna be some good WR talent available

10. mikey

mikey Active Member

Cooper, more years of production.

Passepartout likes this.
  11. Passepartout

Passepartout Active Member

Plus a player that can play through the pain!

12. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Sorry if I can't quantify this statistically, but Cooper appears to have the "it" factor. Total gamer, headsy player. He can beat you physically, but it's what's upstairs that makes him so dangerous.

Not a knock on any of the other receivers, but a compliment to Cooper. I believe Cooper will eventually be top 5 in the NFL if he stays healthy.

cgrec likes this.
  13. tanknyc

tanknyc Active Member

If there is a choice between Cooper or White I'd go with White. He plays aggressive , he has the height, he has the speed, he has the hands and on a simple little stop or screen he has the potential to take it to the house. It's very rare you find a WR who can play aggressive and still make people miss tackles or break tackles or just straight up take you deep and burn your he can kill you from any angle. Plus I like Whites Cockiness like I'm going to beat you no matter what attitude.

Saying that though both will be great wide receivers though.

14. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Cooper then White

15. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

IMO, 7 wrs will go before the jets select in round 2.

Cooper
    White
    Parker
    Strong
    Perriman
    Dorsett
    Green-Beckham

That would leave Coates or Smith as the best available. Good but not great prospects. Personally, I like Coates. I know the drops are a concern, but man what a physical freak.

16. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

I'm not too crazy about Coates. Smith would be interesting. Agholor is in the mix too.

But, if Little Big Man Dorsett dropped and we grabbed in the 2nd I'd be excited. I like him

17. MikeSLTJ23

MikeSLTJ23 Well-Known Member

I'd wait on both. Probably grab Cooper in the 4th round, and double back and grab White in the 5th round. That should solidify our WR corps.

18. Don

If Mariotta is gone take whichever of the two is still there.

19. ThrowMeTheDamnBall

No.

My reasoning is you need a good-great OL and DL. You need a pass rush/coverage, a good running game and you need a QB.

We do not have a good OL. We do not have a pass rush. We just now fixed our 'coverage' issue. We do not have a QB. Drafting a WR is a bad decision.

If nothing is there, trade down.

MikeSLTJ23 likes this.